McGard, LLC Employee Reviews

Productive Work Place
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 17, 2018
McGard is a very productive work place; there is always something to do. Most employees do make it an enjoyable work experience. They have great benefits including quarterly profit sharing.
Pros
2 paid 10 minute breaks, early work hours, quarterly profit sharing
Feel Like Part Of A Family, Best Job I've Ever Had!
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 7, 2017
I can't say enough about this company! You not only feel as if you are part of a team, you feel like family. They even give ALL of their employees turkeys for Thanksgiving! There are plenty of opportunities to advance within the company. If you are willing to put in the effort to continually improve yourself, they assist you in their free classes such as blueprint reading, computer classes, and even coaching and mentoring opportunities. Also, they have tuition reimbursement programs for BOTH salaried as well as hourly employees.
Pros
Great Benefits; Caring People Who Are Always Looking To Help You
Worst job I may have ever had!
Full Time - Plating and Production Departments (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 27, 2017
Everyone was always yelling and angry there was terrible pay and no benefits you would literally have to be desperate for money to want a job in that place.
Pros
Cons
everything
Invested years for nothing
Leader (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 20, 2017
This company does not like to take care of long time employees the pay poorly bringing new employees in making more than leads that have been there for years. Would not recommend for a career choice
Pros
Bonuses and profit sharing
Cons
Low pay favoritism
fun
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYAugust 31, 2017
it was a fun and fast placed environment. the people was friendly and the managers and team leaders were very respectful and kind. hours goes bye fast because your always busy
Good Place
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYApril 24, 2017
Worked here temporarily but loved the job. Employment was easy since I was hired through a temp agency. Would recommend working here if they start hiring again.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Hours were in the middle of the night
nothing special about this place
CNC (Mill) operator, lead man assistant (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 16, 2016
strong company and great product, unprofessional management staff, no place for advancement. I don't recommend this place for highly motivated employees.
Great benefits
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYAugust 18, 2016
Mcgard has great benefits. The hours are okay too. Nice to have weekends off and holidays. It's easy to learn new things and move up in this company.
fun workplace
backup zinc line operator (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJanuary 15, 2015
fun place to work, bosses are laid back. The beneifits are great. Direct deposit is a plus.
Great place to work with so many added benefits
Quality Assurance Associate Technician (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park New YorkDecember 30, 2014
McGard is a wonderful place to work. They have opportunities to advance within the company. They are willing to give hands on training with a load of benefits including the great group of people you get to work with. People of all ages can start there and go somewhere within that company to a position you feel good about. It is long hours and a long day but if you're willing and able to do it, it will pay off.
Pros
Benefits, great place to work
Cons
no part time available
Not to bad
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 23, 2014
Not a bad place to work, can use some improvements. Nice renovations recently done to the building.
Ok place to work
Nickel Plating Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 21, 2014
Overnights are long and not enough work to fill the night. I learned all responsibilities within company & no room for advancement
simple work but must pay close attention to detail
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMay 23, 2014
a day at work consist of standing for long hours. tons of hand movement and lots of matching numbers. Good management and the co-workers are awesome. hardest part of the job i would say is recognizing defected parts. most enjoyable part of the job i would say is interacting with the other workers
I have been learning and increasing my knowledge of factory work.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 23, 2013
My job is very repetitive and I sit a lot which I would prefer to be in an environment working with the public.
. A typical day at work is getting orders and product views from the computer. Printing the productive view checking to insure all the information is correct and comparing a scale with the locks for size. We proceed to inspect the wheel locks for defects, counting them, placing in boxes, sealing and taping the boxes for shipment.
I have learned many uses and different kinds of wheel locks and the cars they are used on. I have learned what is defective and what can be placed on cars.
Management is very nice and have been learning the job of a lead in my department.
I do not get to socialize very much with coworkers, but I get along with the ones I do know. I have no complaints.
The hardest part of my job is the constant sitting, I would prefer to interact with others.
The most enjoyable part of my job has been learning new products, and an over all knowledge of the company I work for.
Pros
I do have good benefits
Cons
The pay is very low
Great boss, great and fun people to work with
Corporate Records Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 7, 2013
McGard provided me the ability to learn and grow so much with them. We were not jut coworkers but a family. Loved my boss and if it hadn't been for the fact I moved out of state I would still be there.
Pros
My boss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McGard, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

McGard, LLC Reviews by Location