McGraw-Hill Education Employee Reviews

Very customer and author focused
Director of CRM and Business Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILOctober 5, 2018
A dynamic environment that was adjusting to the new internet based frontier. A lot of very intelligent, driven team mates who really wanted to do the best job possible.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
A bit Risk Averse
Great company, but industry is unpredictable
Learning Technologies Representative (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IASeptember 28, 2018
My position required a lot of travel - sometimes 10-15 hours per week. You are traveling to college campuses and then walking on those campuses meeting with faculty and bookstores all day.

I learned how to communicate with a diverse group of people, both internally and externally. I became an expert in managing a sales territory and using Salesforce.com to do so.

The culture is great! There is a wonderful team atmosphere. The people push each other and support each other.

The industry is very unpredictable with the changing educational materials climate moving from print to digital resources.
Pros
company car, iPad, phone
Cons
lots of travel, changes to compensation
Awesome place to work
Inside Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IASeptember 25, 2018
Loved it there. Great place to work. Helped me achieve my goals. The management was great. I learned a lot and continue to learn every day. Overall great place
McGraw-Hill Internship Summary
Network Services & Project Management Internship (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJSeptember 21, 2018
Working for McGraw-Hill's networking team has been probably the greatest opportunity I have received so far. Not only was it a learning experience, but everyday I was working I felt like an actual employee, not an intern. It was truly an honor to be apart of such a well-rounded group of individuals.
Great Place to work
Portfolio Strategy Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 11, 2018
Overall a great place to work. Everyone is very passionate about what they do. Can be a little difficult to advance because they look for the absolute best candidate so they will outsource if necessary.
Trying to find their way in an ever changing environment
Learning Technology Representative (Current Employee) –  remoteSeptember 6, 2018
McGraw-Hill is trying to find their way in a volatile industry. The company demands a lot of their representatives, but typically offers a higher base salary than its top competitors. Very fast paced, many details to track via data management, constant changes internally and externally. Perks include a remote office, company car, company supplied cell phone.
Pros
nice people, more support than other companies in the industry, solid 401K program
Cons
healthcare benefits are lacking, demanding environment
Productive and fun work environment.
Project Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Workforce and management dedicated to producing high quality materials for the nation's schools. Compassionate and caring management. Many opportunities for growth.
Pros
Dedicated staff.
Cons
company which is not ready for quick changes
Support and maintenance team lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 3, 2018
I worked as a contractor with McGraw Hill for 3 years. It is not only huge stable empire, but also bureaucratised company. Your code changes can be deployed on production once in a half of a year. It was not so good. Usual day can be killed by long-ours meetings and planing and you have to write code in extra time.
Pros
stable payment, business trips
Cons
bureaucracy and inflexibility in changes and updates
Implementation Specialist
Digital Learning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Midwest, IAAugust 22, 2018
This company has so much to offer for those who work hard and commit to the success of students. It has been a wonderful place to work and it continues to drive innovative adaptive products for 2 & 4 year universities.
Mcgraw Hill is an awesome place to work, great people and company takes pride in promoting within. Strong respect for colleagues
Global Editorial Director, Textbooks and Digital (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2018
Great company fantastic products and profitable.

I had the opportunity to work and sign authors for my digital Subscription products, as well as my print publications.
Pros
Great. Products. Both print and digital
Cons
New offices
Great employer
Digital Learning Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 9, 2018
I was not there long however every single step of the interviewing, training and onboarding process was great. No complaints whatsoever. The staff and management team were very friendly. I had a life event that impacted my ability to continue at that time but I would gladly return to the organization.
Committed to employees and customers
Senior Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
Well established company with a proven track record.
Supports, trains and guides employees while providing expense accounts, transportation and company credit card.
This company is a wonderful for career support and training.
Pros
Employee training, support, career advancement
Cons
Professional goal oriented company working together as a team
Senior Higher Learning Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 3, 2018
This position was very scheduled. Morning conference calls. Follow up with emails. Appointments. Then adding information into the data base and making sure the customers received the materials and training needed. Phone calls for any further important issues. There was a strong team environment. The manager that hired me was a wiz at data and planning. It was a position that required a lot of energy and product knowledge.
I loved working with my customers and colleagues. The position was very interesting as Iearned another side of the industry which stretched and molded my skills.
Pros
Professional growth and customers
Cons
Micromanaging
an excellent place to work
proofreader/editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2018
I was a temp here, but greatly enjoyed my brief time working at McGraw Hill. The work was interesting, they counted on proofreaders input and I found the work fulfilling. Sorry I am no longer there!
A good company to work for.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHAugust 2, 2018
I didn’t work there long enough to get benefits or a raise. I had fun while I was employed there. As long as you did your job & you were on time you were fine & had nothing to worry about.
Pros
On site cafeteria.
Cons
Only 30mins for lunch & nothing close to go get.
Making a difference in the lives of children
Account Executive - Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 31, 2018
With the quickly changing "textbook" industry, one of the great things about McGraw-Hill is that we are constantly challenged for new and better ways to help our customers solve their issues related to education affordability, access, and student outcomes.
Long time employee
Advanced Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHJuly 27, 2018
Good company, for the most part (though their IT staffing model leans too much on outsourced personnel in my opinion). I started off as the front door guy, then kept working myself up to higher positions.

If you can stay on and not get laid off because of a reduction in force (i.e. they give your job to someone overseas), you could potentially be there for a while. My tenure was over 15 years.
Pros
Discounts on Textbooks, passable tuition reimbursement.
Cons
Staffing Model
Productive and fun workplace
Learning Solutions Content Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 23, 2018
The atmosphere is friendly and they are very caring colleagues. Company in constant unstable transition, you didn't know from one December to the next whether you would have a job or not
Pros
culture
Cons
unstable
Mhe
Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 18, 2018
This is a great place to work for if you are a MHE employee hired through the company full time. They offer good benefits and they treat their employee's well. It is an ever changing company.
Pros
Work from home option
Cons
Unstable hours
great company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blacklick OHJuly 17, 2018
great company, great people and Management.Nice working environment, not much of advancement for my position however, was encouraged to look into other options

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McGraw-Hill Education. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

45%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.