McGraw-Hill Education Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Interesting Position, Glad to be Gone
Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 22, 2018
Picked up a work-at-home position, turned into more but then after I completed my work far ahead of schedule they cashiered my contract. Would not choose to go for the position again.
Pros
Lots of goodies, random bonuses
Cons
No job stability, no reward for jobs well done.
Great place to work, a be antiquated perhaps
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHMay 17, 2018
Contract role was offered with a project that was flailing for more than 2 years. I was assured budget, etc was fine for the role but within 2 months there were cuts and several analysts, including myself were cut from the struggling project. MC Graw Hill Education provides free coffee, tea, and snacks all day for IT employees. Contractor culture is OK, Definitely a we/they mentality with FTE staff and Contractors. Lots of really good people here though.
Great Place to Work
MEDIA PRODUCTION AND ACQUISITION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 15, 2018
I would recommend this place to anyone. Work-life balance is great. There are opportunities to work remote, when necessary. Great pay and vacation. Health insurance is good, not great.
Good Compensation, Poor Work/Life Balance
Market Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 8, 2018
Management is poor. No one to escalate issues to. "Good 'ol boys club." Heavy travel is expected despite what was indicated during interview process. There are definite clicks within the organization.
Great place to learn the K-12 educational products
Educational Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2018
McGraw-Hill Education is a great place to work and learn the K-12 educational products that are used throughout many school districts in USA. Great training
Pros
Excellent work hours for part-time employess
Cons
More training needed for new employees that work as "per diems"
typical day
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2018
well this is like any other call center job, working with customers and teachers and students, and trying to fulfilll there needs and making sure orders are out
McGraw-Hill Review
Production Designer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 15, 2018
Develop strong design materials with respect to various project parameters and time constraints. Ensure production templates and cover files are accurately conveyed to page production. Manage electronic files efficiently.

I learned to manage time wisely and be open to project feedback.

Management was always there to lend a helping hand and answer any questions.

The workplace was like a family.

The hardest part of the job was saying good bye when I got laid off.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and all the different projects and clients I got to work with daily.
Pros
The people, free food, gifts, the job, experience
Cons
The company doing lay off's every year.
Hard to advance
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 12, 2018
It was extremely hard to advance out of your area or department , once they figure out you are doing well at something.
Your calls are monitored and this monitoring is 40% of your "score".
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very stressful call evaluations
Director of Security and Crisis Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
Great place to work, I was down sized in 2014 when the company was sold and new CEO took over. That does not negate the 13 years I worked there previously.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXApril 8, 2018
McGraw-Hill was very professional with high working ethics from management and fellow co workers. It was a clam and relaxing work environment with no drama.
Good people to work with.
Digital Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHApril 3, 2018
Very fast paced phone support. Really good people to work with and friendly. Phone support from beginning to end. Hardest part of the job, non stop calls. Most enjoyable part of the job, being able to help the clients.
Pros
Really friendly employees and clients
Cons
No breaks between calls, scheduled breaks are given though.
Interesting Place
Product Infrastructure Architect (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 22, 2018
While here, I was able to solve interesting problems and work with interesting people, however, that was all offset by internal politics. At the moment, the company is tearing itself apart internally, with a strong policy of utilizing exterior providers.
Pros
Good Pay, Awesome People
Cons
Tech Debt, Politics
Trying to make the transition
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Worked remotelyMarch 9, 2018
The company's heart is in the right place as we transition from a print-centric world to a digital world. However, the company struggles with defining a clear path forward and operationalizing the strategic vision. Leadership continues to change year to year.
Pros
Motivation is high; customer-focused
Cons
Consistency of leadership; operationalizing strategic vision
Great company with positive mission
Curriculum Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 7, 2018
This is a great company with a core mission of positively impacting student outcomes.

The travel schedule is untenable and burns all but those who desire no work/home balance. Covering 30+ states is a bit of a stretch for a small team.

The people at this company are some of the brightest and most passionate in the industry - let's keep them on board by offering a balance of travel with perhaps webinars.
Pros
great benefits, intelligent work force, positive mission statement
Cons
Travel schedule
Great place to work with intelligent individuals
Publishing and Editorial Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 26, 2018
Great culture with a driven mentality to help education on all platforms. The people are collaborative, as well as productive to get tasks done and still benefit the company in a timely manner.
Pros
Lunch vendors, great people
Cons
important to keep your head down
Online Implementation Associate (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHFebruary 22, 2018
Everyday, I would sit at my desk and try to work but the guy sitting behind me really enjoyed talking to me about the drama that was going on in his life. I was turned around in my chair alot and the supervisor behind us did not think I was being productive at all even though all of my work was done. The work was easy.
Pros
rate of pay
Horrible
INTERNATIONAL RIGHTS ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2018
Management is lacking. Moral is down. Used to be a great place to work but now it is everyone for themselves. I highly do not recommend this place to work.
DIGITAL TECH REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHFebruary 8, 2018
I loved working for McGraw Hill Education. The management was wonderful. They made it a fun place to work. I worked with really great people. They taught me a lot.
Pros
Loved the job.
Cons
I was seasonal
Good company, awful hiring habits
Customer Success Advocate (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHFebruary 3, 2018
The hiring habits of this company are abhorrent. Most of their workforce are on contract and they are let go as soon as they are able to hire cheaper workers en mass. Which is a shame because the job culture is great and middle management are very competent and attentive.
Pros
You get paid. Very little overtime.
Cons
Poor job security.
Great place to learn project management
Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 29, 2018
I was employed for 11 years and loves most of my time there. They have great author relationships. It's a very collaborative environment within the editorial team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McGraw-Hill Education. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

57out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McGraw-Hill Education.

Powered by Comparably