McGraw Hill

Customer Service Representative18 reviews
United States18 reviews

mcgrawmhehillpublishingtextbookdigitaleducationworklife

easy parking

getting the system up and waiting for the calls/ had help from supervision if a situation came up, work cubical were comfortable, help materials were available

Pros

discounts on food trucks, free holiday meals

Cons

lunch needed to be 1 hour

March 9, 2020
Thank you for reviewing your experience working at McGraw-Hill. We're glad you felt supported in your role and enjoyed the extra perks of the company! Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Very family oriented company who cares about their employees

This is hands down the best company I've ever worked for!!! I have been with them for five years and hope I can retire here. The people are the best people I've ever gotten to work with and the Leadership is the best!! They care so much about their employees!!!

Pros

The people you work with and the Leadership who is over you are just the best. vacation time, paid holidays, sick days, Opportunity for advancement

Cons

It's a lot of information to take in

February 18, 2022
Hello! We are so glad to hear you’re enjoying your experience at McGraw Hill! Thank you for the feedback and comments on your colleagues, leadership team, and benefits. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at talentacquisition@mheducation.com.

McGraw Hill insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

This by far in 20+ years is the worlds worst company to work for

I just started 4 weeks ago, still in training and they decided to let me go, they say it was some kinda assessment they did, but training is not over 2 more wks to go, and they let me and 6 other people go, they told my emplyment agency that we were not grasping what is being taught, funny thing is I was, however they understandably gave us a quiz which on their system was designed to make people fail, let alone we were lied to. The trainers said nothing to us about the quiz, and told us that they will make sure we succeed, few days after the quiz,the boss said if you dont pass the final they they will keep you back, they never said anything about letting you go 3 weeks into training, they are a bunch of liars, set false expectations, two faced. The worst part is they are in charge of the future of children. This is the honest truth, dont apply at this so called company. They wouldnt know what honesty and truth is, even if it bit them in the face. The best thing for the universe would be if they went out of business. I cant even call myself an employee, what they did to myself and the other 6 was unforgivable especially in this covid time, they should be ashamed of themselves. STAY AWAY you will be much happier. TRUST ME. They hire to many people and before training is over they let you go.

Pros

Cons

To much to put in this space

June 3, 2021
We show up every day with an insatiable desire to learn, grow and make a difference. Feedback like yours helps us do that, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience, but we will take note of your feedback so we can improve. Thank you for being a member of our team, and best of luck in your future endeavors.

Based on over 15 yrs of employment

The Executive team is all (and only) about them! The “open door “ policy is a farce as is the HR dept. there are so many talented people that work there but if you are timid at all, your work is taken and claimed by your manager.

May 29, 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're disappointed to hear you didn't have a positive experience working with us. If you are willing to share any further information, please email us at talentacquisition@mheducation.com and we'll make sure your feedback is reviewed. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Great place

I absolutely loved this job I just wish it wasn't a temporary position I would have loved to have a longer career at this company working with the teachers to help kids learn is a delight

January 21, 2020
We are so glad to hear you had a positive experience working at McGraw-Hill. Thanks for your hard work and dedication! Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Not a bad place to work.

It has a lunch room where they serve hot food and a deli and salad bar. The biggest problem was people who made up the systems and procedures do not reach out enough to the people who actually use them.

October 10, 2019
At McGraw-Hill, we aspire to grow. Thank you for providing feedback that will help us continue making an impact. We appreciate you letting us know your thoughts, and will use your feedback so we can improve. Thanks for being a member of our team, and best of luck in your future endeavors!

Life at McGraw-Hill

McGraw-Hill was not a bad place to work. They try to balance work and life. However, during their busy seasons (Back-to-School time) work is very hectic and overtime is offered. The communication factor is somewhat lacking between upper management, middle management, and the regular associates.

typical day

well this is like any other call center job, working with customers and teachers and students, and trying to fulfilll there needs and making sure orders are out

Hardest part of the job

Being consistently able to talk to people on the phone with occasional no pauses in between. They offer to have you have a break in between calls where you can not have phone calls while you fill out the form for the call recording system they have in place by mainly they don't want you using it.

Pros

Lunch station there and people are friendly and dress is casual there

Cons

always on the phone.

A Great Place to Work

As a customer service rep you have lots of options as far as where to work, but McGraw Hill is one that is worth choosing if it is near you. The job is basically the same as any other customer service job (answer phone calls, take orders, etc...) but the opportunity for advancement is greater than basically any other job I have ever worked.

I love working for McGraw Hill Education, my second year working from home and it is awesome. It is an innovative place to work. They have great educational programs, and I love the teamwork.

Productive and fun workplace

Great job and amazing pay. Somewhat rushed at times, but I love a challenge. There were many programs that you could get trained on so you could further assist customers.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

no advencment

An interesting place to work.

It was fun learning about the publishing industry. I was able to take orders from teachers and help them with various customer service issues such as missing books, defective books, or damaged books.

Season preferred over fulltime

This company would rather use you for a few months rather than hire you full time. Pay is excellent. If you are looking for full time work, this is not the place for you.

Pros

Pay, office hours, choice of schedule

Cons

doesn't hire regularly

Great pay - horrible place to work

Management does not care about there employees, the turn over rate is ridiculously high. They work mostly with Temps and then fire them all. Company has a very strict attendance policy (i.e. Emergencies (coma, broken arm, car accident etc.) included are not excluded and will always be a occurrence). The work is easy and the pay is great.

Pros

pay and co workers

Cons

everything else

Great place to be working for.

Not your typical call center, usually customer are not upset. You work off Salesforce and Oracle databases. You have the ability of working 40 hours even though you are a temp. Advancement opportunities. Attendance is critical.

Basically a good company

Basically a good company with wide name recognition. Great work/life balance. Promotions are rare. Pretty good benefits. Pleasant colleagues who have been employed at the company for a very long time.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Promotions are rare

Temporary worker

Most of the day was data entry, handling incoming orders and creation of online licensing for McGraw Hill Products. Learned about time management with systems like Impact360. Increased daily usage of Excel, Word and Outlook. Learned more about Databases such as Oracle. Management was easy going, kept bi-weekly coaching sessions over the time of my contract work. Co-workers were generally easy going and willing to share information in order to keep people informed about any updates to the job at hand. Hardest part of the job is keeping the customers happy, especially when they purchased a product that did not have another type of product bundled to it. Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and the close knit environment we were able to establish.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McGraw Hill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McGraw Hill.
Powered byComparably

Compare McGraw Hill with

Career recommendations for Customer Service Representative

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Customer Service Representative in US