McHenry County Government Center Employee Review

View all McHenry County Government Center reviews

see below
Judicial Tech Administrative 1 (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILSeptember 16, 2013
typical day is answering phones, dealing with the public, assisting the receptionist as a backup. receive police reports from all different police officer offices, Woodstock, McHenry, Cary, Crystal Lake, Marengo etc.
the job is a hopping job, and i love it, keeps me real busy every day, and every day is different. Co-workers are the best to work for, or with.
the hardest is really nothing that we can't deal with, if an answer needs an attention, i contact the supervisor, to resolve the issue, and move to my next thing to do. everything will work out when you ask for assistance if you don't know the answer.
the most enjoyable part, is dealing with people, trying to help them as it arises. and i love to be busy all the time, makes the day go by faster, and i enjoy coming to work all the time. i am hard worker, and i am looking for a part time job, with your company.

Other McHenry County Government Center Employee Reviews

Great co-workers.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILMarch 20, 2018
Great people to work with. Everyone is very friendly. 7.5 hour work days and all the normal government holidays plus vacation time. Typical government workplace.
Court Specialist I
Court Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJanuary 26, 2018
I worked at the Circuit Clerk's office as a full- time Court Specialist I. Working with the judges was a pleasure, I cannot say the same about management. The manager and supervisors at this particular department were terrible to work with and they were the reason I ultimately left this office. When I first started working there, I was so happy and grateful to have a job. Over time, I realized that there are many problems at that office and they are perpetuated by the lack of good management. They micromanage, talk down to you, tell you all of the the things you are doing wrong, & write you up for insignificant things. There were times I went home completely discouraged and it started to affect my well-being.
That being said, I think it' s a good temporary job. They offer insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, & sick days. Its a good job to have on a resume, but I wouldn't stay there very long. It is an extremely toxic environment! There are some really great people that work there and would be great supervisors or managers, but there are no opportunities to advance. If you decide to work here, please beware and do not trust anybody, especially any leads or supervisors. They will stab you in the back when they get the chance. When you get the opportunity, make sure to transfer to a different department!
paid holidays and vacation
terrible management that constantly discourage you