MCI Employee Reviews

Manufacturing & Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pembina, NDJune 17, 2019
Leading manufacturer of the best-selling intercity coaches in the U.S. and Canada for tour, charter, scheduled service, conversion, and transit agency uses with an estimated annual revenue of $450 Million.
Cons
short brakes
Very old employment, but i remember it being a decent work place.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2019
I worked here a long time ago! I don't understand what reviewing them has to do with my job search now twenty years later! Can't give a lot of information because it was some time ago. I remember liking the job and doing well until the company closed.
Competitive
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 13, 2019
very fun and competitive environment to work in. was a student so work there part time. they worked around my scheduled and praised me when i did good.
Pay is horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 13, 2019
Not only is this an under paid job you have to wait 3 weeks for your first check and it's a weekly pay schedule.
You are scheduled 9 hour days and hour of that is for breaks so there are no paid breaks. They do not contribute towards health benefits and the benefits are very expensive.
Pros
Weekly pay once you start getting it. Nice working environment. Great trainer.
Cons
2 weeks check withholding. Poor benefits. Lo
Great company to work with
Service Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJune 1, 2019
I like my daily work, Manager is very professional. Employees are cooperating. Works are easy to handle. Sometime hard to deal with the tough customers.
Pros
Short lunch
Cons
health care
One of the BEST places I have worked at
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 31, 2019
One of the BEST places I have worked at , due to GOOD managers , & a good culture of employees working together as a team...The company's financial instability was its only handicap
Pros
Great offices free parking and an AWESOME company cafeteria
Cons
Instability of the company affected resources sometimes
MCI was the greatest place to work.
Web hosting and IT customer support (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 10, 2019
MCI was the best job besides the USAF that I ever had. Really too bad the company went under after being acquired by World-com.
Every one from senior management on down were very knowledgeable and very nice. Never had one bad day at MCI.
working for MCI
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 24, 2019
well they world train you on the phones, but you are on your own you have not much help around and the people you call are mean
when they would be mean that we would set them up to get another call from a rep in 5/15 min.
Nice place to work
Software Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 17, 2019
I was hired to develop automation for their class 5 switch.
It took over 1.5 years to accomplish that.
I save them over 23 Million dollars in expenses, but they never give me any thank you note, or recommendation or any bonuses.
Pros
Nice and proffesional
Cons
Some employees were back stabbers
Nice place to work,good management
Telemarketing and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXApril 7, 2019
Before the company closed business use to be great place to work

Fun enviorment great manager
Good benefits ,good perks
Good location .

Excelent salary for the employees,wish includes
Base salary,comission,bonuses
sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 4, 2019
made outbound calls to leads and selling MCI long distance package. Its was a promo period to get people to sign up and try the service. If they were not satisfied they could cancel at anytime.
Great Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 2, 2019
Every one came from other states and we all got along. It was a fun environment. If you meet any of the employees who ever worked at the MCI in Newport news they will tell you
Pros
Everything was good
Cons
No cons
Exciting work environment
Sr. Program Manager, Business Markets (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 31, 2019
MCI was the first company I worked at in the telecommunications industry. I really loved working there as the environment was outstanding, everyone loved working there.
Pros
exciting work environment
typical day at MCI
LAN-MIS Administrator/Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 28, 2019
depending on which shift, the day shift open the center by checking the backups, restart all of the servers to clear cache and memory, then set up the graphs for the day. handle phone calls on issues with in the call center. Attend meetings, replace computer peripherals and perform repairs on systems. work on creating images for the 1200 systems in the call center.

the night shift, dealing with the in coming calls for issues, preparing to perform closing processes, and performing any updates to the VMS systems. and kick off back ups. perform test on installed updates and look for any failures and prepare for fall back in case of failures.

since this was my second career, i piggyback off what i learned in college and apply to the workforce. the hardest part of the job was working night shift one night and had to come in during the day the next because of being short handed.

the most enjoyable part is being to enjoy my new career and was able to learn new appl;ications and to make myself more marketable.
Fast paced
Wiring Technician, Automated Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2019
The work culture at MCI was fast paced but work was not hard to do. The people that I worked with were all nice and helpful, and managers were all very informative.
teamwork
Tier II Operations Center Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 11, 2019
Working on the help desk helped me to gain valuable customer experience and service skills. There was a high degree of interaction with both customer and engineering sides.
it was a very interesting and learning experience
Customer Service Specialist When I (Former Employee) –  Sergeant Bluff, IAMarch 6, 2019
MCI was a good place to work. The pay was reasonable and competitive. There was alot of different areas that you could work, and it seemed like there was usually many opportunities for advancement.
MCI-WorldCom went Bankrupt
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 27, 2019
I worked at MCI for two years before I was laid off due to executive mismanagement. The people I worked for were great but too bad the leadership wasn't up to the right moral compass.
Productive and fun place to work
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 19, 2019
MCI was the exception of all other workplace job positions. Employees were able to bring their children to work if needed. The atmosphere was conducive to creativity and ingenuity.
Pros
wonderful employees, family atmosphere
Cons
company went bankrupt
Construction environment that was slowing over the duration of years employed
Exec. Assistant, Receptionist, Plan Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WIFebruary 18, 2019
Management changed over the course of 4 years and was a stressful environment which in turn caused most (all but me) long term office staff to seek employment elsewhere. Controller made it a very unfriendly work environment with no chance for advancement or praise.
Pros
Can work independently knowing what needs to be completed and when.
Cons
No breaks, must work thru lunch hours, no flexibility with working hours.