McKee Foods Corporation
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

McKee Foods Corporation Management reviews

Every job is fairly easy and the pay is decent but not that competitive in the manufacturing industry. Upper management is mostly people who have been there for 20+ years and can’t handle any sort of change. Their pride and ego rule. Supervisors are decent for the most part but usually inexperienced. Maintenance is fairly lazy and the plant has a “run it into the ground” mentality. Money gets thrown around and wasted like crazy. All that being said it is a good place to work for a safe and solid job with advancement but the more you move up there more you see how badly the company is really ran.
Pros
Profit sharing every year
Your work life will only not make you miserable if you are someone’s favorite. They work you all kinds of OT but never on your line. Bad place to work
Pros
You don’t have to talk to anybody
Cons
Underpaid overworked
This place has changed a lot over the years and has not changed for the better. Management has a lot to do with that and you can tell they do not care for their employees.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Worst place I have ever worked ! Communication sucks! They lie to you in orientation! You can only advance if your supervisor approves ! Terrible place
Pros
Cons
Short breaks terrible supervision
Horrible place to work. Lots of favorites from the Supervisors. Can’t speak your mind or you’ll get wrote up for it. Lots of trouble makers. Machines broke down all the time and know one around to help you. Sorry place! Would not recommend working there!
Pros
Paid for three Holidays
Cons
Short breaks
Leave a review. Help people like you.
This company is awful. There was no team work. Management didn’t care as long as you were getting the work done. Equipment didn’t work half the time and would put a bandage on the issue so it would break down 5 minutes later. If your line was off they would make you come in and work on other people lines so they could go home. Favoritism was at a all time high. You couldn’t advance.
Pros
Bonus time, Christmas gifts
Cons
Machines always breaking down. Management, Rotating out for breaks so if the person that relieved you didn’t like you, you were late to your breaks
If you want to go into mechanical maintenance then McKee is a great place to start. You can earn your Journeyman's Card and learn a lot from some of the older maintenance people here. There is some room to move up if you want to be in management and the job security couldn't be better. To get in the door it really helps to have an internal referral, so if you know someone working at McKee, definitely ask then to put one in for you. None of the jobs at McKee are hard jobs. You have harder days than others, but for the most part it is pretty laid back. Safety is the top priority, so don't do anything unsafe that you get you in trouble(fired). You just have to show up on time and work your shift everyday, and clock out to go home.Maintenance does a fair amount of work. It's enough to keep you busy throughout the shift if you look for work to do. Most of the time is spent answering line calls and doing on the fly diagnostics and repairs. Most maintenance work at McKee is not planned. You will learn the basics of mechanical maintenance, and it really helps to take classes to get your Journeyman's Card. You can always ask for help on a mechanical problem you can't solve from more experienced mechanics, and most of them are good about helping you.Experienced mechanics that come to McKee find it to be a nice work environment, often more pleasant than where they were before. You work inside in a mostly air conditioned space. Even the heaviest/hardest jobs at McKee don't compare to other jobs maintenance teams are doing in the area.
Pros
Easy work, good place to learn, free cakes, a lot of PTO
Cons
Insurance not great, good old boy system
I work there for almost 2 years and i dont have any complain for it not planning to give my resignation but i want to be close with a family so i moved back in Ohio. If i moved in Tennessee again i surelly apply a job in Mckee and be part of it again and again. The management are all nice and very helpful they also have a good benefits for you and for your family every summer they give you a pass with our of the park in there so u can enjoy your day with your family. With all the free food and free ride inclueds its really fun and peaceful working invironment.
Pros
Free lunches with any holiday, freebies with cake etc.
Cons
Good benefits, insurance, and alots of cool stuff
As someone else stated this location has completely gone downhill, they dont care about you or your family, HR is a joke, rules change all the time with no communication, ect could go on and on. They cant keep people and dont care to find out why. They are definitely the worst location and mckees dont have a clue what goes on.
So myself and another new employee had one day of training. What they do not realize is the simple fact I was a team coach. There is absolutely no communication,training or anything else that would be make a new employee even succeed. Very clickish. You may see the supervisors walking to their office and that is it. They do not check on you nothing. I have never worked for a company where the supervisors were never present. I am not posting this because I am angry. It is all observation.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
The list is huge
I am greatful for my years of work at Mckee, I learned enough to get my feet wet on the industry, however, I wish this company would be more people/employee oriented in terms of professional growth and opportunities. Favoritism is VERY up front and this is discouraging.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
Management, Favoritism
In the past 5 years this company has gone in the ground. Management is backstabbing liars, they have so much favoritism and dont care about you or your family at all. The HR is corrupted with gossip and the McKee leaders do not give a * what is going on in the stuart draft plant. Everyone here hates this place but they dont make any changes to better. They wonder why they cant keep people here. The pay sucks. You either work 6 days or 4 if your lucky. Working at McKee makes you depressed and miserable. There is so much gossip its worse than high school. This place is a joke! The work is easy but dealing with all the other daily * is not worth it. Life is to short to make some cake company richer that definitely doesn't care about you and your health. The rules change monthly and they dont tell you so you can get wrote up for something your expected to know about. The bathrooms are always so dirty I think gas stations have cleaner ones!
Pros
A paycheck thats not much because pay rate sucks
Cons
Everything run for the hills dont work here.
Pay is no where close to what it should be. This would be a decent 1st job for somebody with not much experience and don't mind starting at the bottom with low base pay. If you happen to go into production stay far away from the rumor mill it will engulf you whole and spit you out like used gum.
Pros
Sometimes you get free lunch
Cons
Pay workload some bosses have their favorites and let them get away with murder
I enjoy my typical work day, i have been trained by the company to perform multiple job functions within the company to assist in multiple different areas. Management can be a little hard headed at some times, but will eventually come around.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Short Breaks
Mckee was a blessing and the best job I ever had. I did have a nasty situation with a supervisor at one time, but upper management handled it and I was able to move to another department. I recognize that Mckee could have done nothing about the situation, but they went out of their way to make sure I had leadership who respected me and my work ethic. I would recommend them to anyone who is not afraid of a challenge and enjoys working beside others in common good.
Pros
steady, reliable work and hours
Cons
Its hard to advance due to the fact that many people have been there for decades.
They lie to you and expect you to have open availability and if you don’t they try and replace you they also only follow company policy when it Benefits them out of causing you less time with family not at all a good place to work I worked there for years and am glad to say I’m no longer an employee poor management and HR is terrible
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Poor management insurance is not great and you are treated less than trash
I feel like I'm in high school people complain about each other. I feel like I work in an swear shop wouldn't recommend my friends or family. This company has an terrible point system I broke my wrist and had an doctor note they made me stay at home for an week and pointed me 5 points you don't get pto time when you start you only gain 2.17 hrs and week so in a month one day off you never know when you have an day off you could work 6 days or 5 days an week you never know
Anyone can lie to management and all of a sudden your losing your job just like me, they did me a favor though I really like my new job, at least ihn my new job I can throw freight as fast as I want without having any problems with any little babies stressed out weinies bothering me because they think Im throwing to fast. wah wah cry on. They will wrongfully terminate you for doing a great job. It happened to me.
Harassing abuse of power these or two things that they seem to pride themselves in. If anyone is caught of doing anything illegal and they know someone in management, it is swept under the rug and the person that has no ties to the company is fired or punished. If you have a chance to work here, don’t
Don’t care about their employees whatsoever. Treat you like absolute trash. Someone I know hurt their foot at work & they made her come to work & did NOT pay worker’s comp. someone that was hired a few weeks after me was making a dollar more than I was doing the same thing. They get rid of their best employees & keep the lazy/worst/most drama filled employees. Take your PTO for no reason too so if you want a vacay, then think again. They don’t respect or value you.
Excellent Family company great job opportunity job security awesome environment great management amazing place to work good pay. Beautiful people nice treatment good place to work great job opportunity to succed. I will strongly recommend people to work here the mckee family cares about you and coworkers. Aabout you and co eorkers