MCKEEVER'S PRICE CHOPPER Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful work with poor management; not worth it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 15, 2018
As much as you wouldn't expect a cashier job at a grocery store to be the cream of the crop, my experience at Price Chopper still left a lot to be desired. The management did a horrible job of making me feel important in the workplace, especially with their ill-conceived ways of even simple communication. Raises rarely happened, and on a similar note, there were supposed to be quarterly reviews with the Front End Manager as a sort of "progress report", but after the first 3-month evaluation, I was never given another one of those reviews. Honestly, if you're really, REALLY wanting to work a cashier or sacking job in a busy store so you're kept occupied, then I recommend Price Chopper. Otherwise, you're much better off finding another alternative.
Pros
Coworkers were generally down to earth
Cons
Few and short breaks, poor management, no set advancement
A good first job
BAKERY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 24, 2018
A typical day at price chopper included customer service as well as cleaning and baking. Cake decorating was minimal but still required as a skill....
Pros
creativity with cake decorating, easy hours.
Cons
short breaks, low pay and not enough benefits
Don;t go there unless you like mistreated.
Sacker/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Independence, MO all 3 of themApril 17, 2018
They not good to thier people corporate and upper management, no raises most times and poor pay.Feeding people moldy food various hurassment issues ect. Don't forget the promised never seen raises.
Pros
Cons
Corporate and Upper management promote mistreatment of their employees
Bad Place to work don;t go there.
Sacker/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 17, 2018
One of the worst places i have worked due to corporate values in every one of the locations of their stores and upper management allowing lower management to mistreat, and abuse people.The Managers in this company also has a policy to fire people instead of give them promised raises often.
Pros
nothing for employees.
Cons
lack of raises, free items for customers prohibited to employees..
productive
Cake Decorator/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 12, 2018
Pretty much a routine job. Mostly made my own decisions on what i would be doing through out the week. Based on the flow of business needs and keeping the shelves full of products and whether or not there was a holiday or special event. I enjoyed working there most of the time. Holidays were the hardest, because the workload could become too much at times; especially around graduation.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
short breaks
Checker (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 18, 2018
I really don't have a lot to say about this company. They were good to me and paid me better then most. Worked with me when I needed to adjust my schedule.
Pros
management
Cons
pay could be more
It was a very cheery place to work at no matter what time of day.
Bagger/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  101st St/ K-7 HWY Lenexa, KS 66220January 6, 2018
Always be on time and look for things to do, never just stand around. Also, don't try and put off chores for other people to do just because they may not be the most fun, if you show you're willing to do your part in a team effort, your team's attitude will be rewarding to you.
Pros
Wonderful customer service
Cons
Snotty customers
fast passed inconsistent work
Cashier/ Bagger/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MODecember 10, 2017
work was fast but it seemed no one seemed to care fore anyone else in the community it was all about getting in putting in the work and getting home.i got layed off only a month after being hired.
Pros
got a paycheck
Cons
hours werent set
Pretty easy and fairly stress free
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 5, 2017
Overall Price Chopper is a great place to work. Very clean, not over worked, awesome staff, and a great work environment. The only thing I didn't like was the unwillingness to work with my schedule.
relaxed workplace
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 26, 2017
I would love to still be working there but they fired me due to cutting payroll would of loved the chance to switch to a different location or position.
This corporate chef is a joke. No leadership skills and horrid communications skiills. In 40years I cannot act as if this isnt an issue of this cormpa
Culinary,kitchwn supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 19, 2017
Horrid experience with their corporate chef. Lack of communicative and no leadership.this company needs to refocus rheir corporate chef she is not qualufied.
Pros
Could be exceptional
Cons
Corporate chef is horrid
Management is unfair and no communication.
Floral Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 28, 2017
I was a floral manager hired for my past experience. I worked holidays with no help. These were 10-12 hours a night. I briught customers into the floral department and changed the shop around. I was told I was doing a great job. Then, without warning let go of my position. Absolutely, terrible communication and training. I have nothing nice to say except the employees there were great and great customers.
Pros
Employees
Not enjoyable at all
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 6, 2017
Management picks on people to cover people's shifts who are lazy. My typical day at work was at least 11 hours on me feet and only one 15 minute break for the whole day. The pay was below the minimum wage. Minimum wage at the time was at least 9.25 and I was being paid 8.50.
Pros
N/a
Cons
no lunch breaks
Checker (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 30, 2017
I worked there parttime. Loved working with people and customers became friends. Management if great bunch of people. No special discounts for working there.
Pros
Worked with my schedule
Cons
Standing can be difficult for several hours
Back Breaking Work, Little Compensation
Floral Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 17, 2017
I was a floral department manager for almost 2 years. I ran my departments in 2 stores, alone and was rarely offered any help. It was back breaking work, with very low compensation for a manager. Private store floral managers can make up to 40k a year. I made 20k! BIG difference! Plus it's much more work in supermarket floral! There are too many Chiefs and not enough Indians at McKeevers. And I never got the review I was promised! Not allowed overtime, no matter how much work there was! Even weddings, holidays and prom times!
Pros
Healthcare, 401k
Cons
Short breaks, no help, low pay
Not the ideal job
SACKER AND CART PUSHER, (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 31, 2016
I have worked at McKeever's Price Chopper for over a year now. I was also promised to be promoted to a Cashier once I turned 18. However, they keep holding me back and refuse to move me up. I have also run into the issue of them not working with my personal schedule.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Short Breaks, Does not work with personal schedule
Friendly small town Grocery Store
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisburg, KSJanuary 4, 2016
Outstanding place to work, enjoyed it very much. Enjoyed the face to face with interaction with people on a daily basis.
Pros
Stared each day New, Never any leftover work left on my desk
Cons
Not enough money
Fun atmosphere to work with the general public
Data Entry/Cash Office/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  1400 W Amity, Lousiburg, KSDecember 8, 2015
I answered phones and tended to their needs, balanced cash deposits and reports and helped cashier's when they needed help.
Young environment
customer service associate (Current Employee) –  overland park, ksMarch 22, 2015
Terrible management, no consistency with policy, and everyone is dispensable. It used to be a good company with decent benefits, unfortunately, this is no longer the case.
Pros
Young, energetic people
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, terrible management, don't take care of employees
fast paced during the holiday/sports seasons
Grocery sacker (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MOJuly 2, 2014
the first thing i would do when i clock in the morning at 6 am is I would do a store walk which is walking around the store and finding anything that out of place after that i would clear the parking lot of shopping carts and after that's was done i would come in and fill the plastic/paper bag. After all that is done while sacking orders in between jobs i would either do go back which is a shopping cart full of items that needed to back on there place on there shelf, or run empty glass milk bottles back to the dairy. i would also fill register tape for the cashiers, and also dump there register trash and take it all to the the trash compactor, and sometimes there would be a pallet of new plastic/paper bags to put in our stock pile. I would also run liqueur back to its department. and get propane tanks for customers all while sacking grocery's and be off at 2:30. I've learned how to sack orders. the highs and lows of a place of business like that. Management would always have something for you to do if it was slow. the Co-workers would know how to get the job done. the hardest part at first was getting up and and being ready to work. the most enjoyable part was making new friends and seeing old ones what can i say it was my first job.