McKendree Village Employee Reviews

Chilled Work Place.
Nursing Home (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 30, 2017
I loved working at the the Nursing home and I also loved every single one of my patients. It took them a while to come around to me but after awhile they did and they trusted me. I took then on walks, gave them there meds, and also ate with them. I hated leaving but my boss couldn't work around my school schedule.
A great place, but hard work
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNAugust 28, 2017
It is definitely a place where you will work, but it couldnt be more rewarding. I love my residents and co-workers, and although management would be tough, it was manageable.
Pros
Pto, lots of Activities
Cons
no 401k, benefits aren't the greatest.
Stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNAugust 26, 2017
Working at McKendree now is stressful. Residents are wonderful but co-workers bring to much drama. Management not handling matters which is causing workers to leave.
50 Years of Traditions in Healthcare
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNAugust 12, 2017
Excellent supervisor and department team. I enjoyed my role at McKendree Village very much. If I were not moving out of state, I would not leave this job.
Pros
Many employees stay at this facility for decades.
Cons
Older building, difficult to compete with newer facilities.
not the best place
DINING SERVICES TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJuly 10, 2017
I was a server at first, promoted to management, but then given the title of team leader and not allowed to attend manager meetings. Due to another manager lying and creating daily drama. She was sexist and promoted a racist work environment. I wouldnt go back
Pros
the residents are great
Cons
managment cant find a hole in the ground
For caring individuals only. The pay is not worth the work or heartache.
Certified Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNMay 24, 2017
I loved working for this company! Only because I love caring for others the pay is not great and the hours are long. As a CNT you become invested in your residents you become part of their family and them yours. It's hard work but worth it.
Family like atmosphere
IL Activity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNMay 2, 2017
For the most part a really great company to work for. There insurance could be better and they could approve more days off. Not having to use a vacation day for the first sick day. No retirement benefits or room for advancement.
Pros
good coworkers
benefits
good place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNApril 27, 2017
Worked there as a sub-contractor. The culture was nice and the work life balance was great. From the senior leadership to the frontline employees, everyone exemplified quality care and customer service
normal
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNFebruary 28, 2017
A normal day starts off with on average 2 nurses from days calling , and 3-4 cnt calling out and at least 1 night shift nurse calling out and you being asked to stay over till 11pm to cover.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor staffing
Good place to work.
CPE Residency and Professional Chaplaincy (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 29, 2016
Good place to work.Many employees that are considered lesser skilled (even though they aren't) receive inadequate compensation for the vital work that they do.
Pros
Good team.
Cons
Many workers are seveerly underpaid.
Not enough pay for how much I put in
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJuly 23, 2016
This job has taken the life out of me. What I say about this job is it kills you to care about the residents.
Pros
Every other weekend off
Cons
Not enough pay, overworked, not enough staff and not very good management
Ok
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNFebruary 13, 2016
We worked hard no chance for advancement at all The residents were great I enjoyed helping them My co workers were good to we all worked as a team most of the time a all around comfortable place to work
Pros
The residenrs were great and so was my co workers
Cons
No money or chance to get more
Good Experience
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJuly 27, 2015
Good co-workers, good atmosphere, good overall experience. Good residents. Good supervisor. Flexible schedules. Day, evening and night shifts available.
a fun place to work.
Wayne Clemmons-Mgr (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNMay 9, 2015
Had a good job working for older retired couples, then new company came and made changes that were very negative towards us and the residents.
If you are PRN there is plenty of hours.
Resident Associate (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNMay 3, 2015
Mckendree runs around like a chicken with its head cut off. Administration does not care about any issues, they are always understaffed and pay minimum wage.
Great Team and Work Environment
Controller (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNMarch 5, 2015
I served with a very knowledgeable management team that work together as a cohesive unit. It was a pleasure to see the result of your efforts.
Excelllent working with resident and nursing staff
Laboratory Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNNovember 14, 2014
The Supervision and Administrative instilled unity, raised staff morale and teamwork.
Pros
breakroom with television and microwave and coffee maker
Cons
15 mins break
nice place to work
LPN/Charge Nurse, float nurae and wound care nurse (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNMay 23, 2013
MKV is a place where you can thank GOD you have a job. That is all I have to say about that.
Pros
The patients and the nurses i worked with.
Cons
poor management
Stay away from this facility.
nurse (Former Employee) –  McKendreeMay 22, 2013
Unless you work for a facility that is closing, do not come here to work. This facility is antiquated and the upper management do not know their rear-ends from their elbows. Upper management creates a lot of paperwork and blows smoke up your you know what. The nurses work so hard with no recognition. No raises in 6 years and they tell you some baloney about Vanderbilt not giving vacation time anymore. Vanderbilt is only holding for 3 months on vacation accrual.. Call them and ask. The place is a dump. Loaded with knats that seem to appear from all over. Again NO RAISES IN YRS.
Work for McDonalds the benefits are better.
Pros
poor management(ie administrator, Excutive director, etc
A fun place to work
Occupational Therapist OTR (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNMay 10, 2013
I enjoyed working for McKendree Village. I worked in the skilled nursing facilitiy, which was mostly short term and mid forty"s too 100 years of age. A typical at work would be to have a patient list, each therapist recieved one, and then go and speak to the resident about their rehab schedue. I did have great co-works, 2 COTA'S and 1 other OTR. All three co-workers were seasoned and we each learned from each other. The hardest part of the job was the computer system. The computer system is where we entered evals, billing and daily plus weekly notes. The system went down quite frequently which made everything, billing, etc, late. The most enjoyable part of my job were the patients as always. Watching them get better due to rehab and returning home was always very rewarding.
Pros
Patients/residents going home
Cons
computer system