McKesson Employee Reviews

Found 3,771 reviews matching the search See all 4,020 reviews
The hardest part of the job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJDecember 14, 2018
The hardest part of the job are long hours,a typical day at work, very busy, walk a lot, Different culture,dont know a what time we can go home every day..
productive fun place to work
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDDecember 14, 2018
productive working environment to work in. Mentorship program t help you grow in you field. Great educational benefits and health insurance benefits. s
nice place to work, great job work and life balance
Patient Accounts Advocate, NYU Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 14, 2018
Great job work and life balance, hours were 9am-5pm, Management were knowledgeable in helping you exceed at your job. Co-workers were very nice, family vibe.
Pros
9am-5pm hours
Backlash result
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 13, 2018
I was a home coder required to do 225 charts/8hr day. I was finishing in as little as 6hrs my proficiency resulted in giving me more difficult clients
Pros
worked from home at my convenience
Cons
Interoffice relations and prejudices
Good company, but have a degree going in
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 12, 2018
Excellent company, good benefits. Lots of changes in managers, I had three in two years. Working environment was supportive of learning and enhancing skills. Not as much opportunity to advance unless you have higher degrees.
Pros
quality of work environment
Cons
life/work balance
Great company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clear Brook, VADecember 11, 2018
Company is great, unfortunately upper management within the building is not so great. My manager is fantastic, however above is less than desired. Otherwise the company is fantastic.
Impersonal, Bad leadership
Assistant Inventory/ Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 11, 2018
I had a bad experience at McKesson, mostly due to a toxic leadership situation. However, my peers in other Distribution Centers in other parts of the country also had bad experiences and most of them left before two years in the company.
Great place to build a career in healthcare
Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 11, 2018
McKesson provided great and seasoned leadership that understood that they were not successful unless I was successful. That belief created an environment in which we all were able to thrive.
Decent place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist II (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Mckesson. I felt like it is the type of place that I could retire from. The benefits were great, had almost 4 weeks in PTO when I left and there was also incentive for doing physical activity. I was also able to work from home which I loved. The only issue I had with Mckesson is the pay. I was there 5 years with a Bachelors degree and was not even at 30,000.
Pros
coworkers, pto, work from home opportunity
Cons
the pay
Sucks
Picker (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 10, 2018
The management sucks they tell lies you don’t know what time you getting off I don’t recommend no one to work there period. At all the bosses have their favorites
Would not recommend know one to work here
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GADecember 9, 2018
when come in you never know what time you are leaving good people have quit this job because poor management. They put people in higher positions who do not deserve to be there, The good hard working people have been overlooked including myself i have trained people that come in and i have been overlooked.
Fast paced busy job
Material Handler (Assistant dock supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WADecember 8, 2018
Time goes by fast, the employees definitely notice the hours and there is no set time to leave so you have to stay until the work is done. However the pay is good if you stay long enough and raises go by productivity.
My last job working as a temp
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORDecember 8, 2018
Not only did I learn the requirements to interview for a Supervisor, Manager, Intern and Director. I learned what it meant to be a collaborative contingent worker.
Pros
Lunches were always free
Cons
there was never anything said to the contrary
It was temporary assignment and the people I worked with are nice.
Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CADecember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co workers, there was team effort but the workload is very fast paced in processing the referrals. It was a temporary assignment and the my work was reassigned back to the corporate office. There was reorganization and lay off. That's why my position was only temporary. They were in the process of reorganization and a new organization bought the company.
Pros
We have monthly meeting and free there's always free food. Also vendors bring free goodies.
Cons
The was a changed in processing those referrals and it created more backlog.
Clean place to work
Warehouse receiver (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PADecember 7, 2018
Enjoyed working there. Do your job no body breathing down your neck. Stable place to work. Stay till work is done. You do have to do certain amount of lines everyday but as long as yiu stay on task not hard to do.
Pros
Clean stable enviroment. Paid time and half after 8 hours a day
Cons
Could have better management
Fast Paced
Line Worker / Packer / Packing Lead (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MADecember 7, 2018
Very good company to work for, however the pace is not suitable for a lot of people causing too much stress and conflict.
Took a lead position and the expectations were high but no support from upper management when things were brought to their attention
nice
Manager - Site Reliability Engineering (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CADecember 6, 2018
I worked at Mckesson/RelayHealth for full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Enjoyed working with a lot of great people and the first 4 of my 6 years were mostly good.

Cons

I reported directly to one manager in QA but all my work was with the infrastructure team, giving me 2 managers. This caused a lot of heated discussions about my capacity and what my priorities were. The last 2 years were constant turmoil due to multiple group reorganizations and changing product delivery methodologies.

Advice to Management

Do what you say you are going to do in your one-on-one meetings. Promises made but never executed lead to mistrust.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
OK place to work
Software Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 6, 2018
Upper management never quite got the product I worked on. It was a conglomeration of different modules they bought up from different companies and McKesson never put the effort into fully integrating the modules to work well together. This was business decision as such integration would be considered overhead and could not be tied to revenue. Ultimately, the product lost ground in the marketplace and McKesson abandoned it.
Revenue Company
Coding Education Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEDecember 6, 2018
Mckesson is about maintaining a Fortune 500 company status, its about revenue. Employees are all stressed, pushed to the limit. Pay is good but you earn every penny.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Burn out is high, pushed beyond normal limits.
This was a very educational job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 5, 2018
I liked the job and it gave me the opportunity to continue my education. I was able to take courses for Pharmacy Technician and in other areas such as state laws in order to qualify clients.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McKesson.

Powered by Comparably