McKesson Employee Reviews

41.1K
Found 3,283 reviews matching the search See all 3,503 reviews
Good place to work.
Software Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 14, 2018
Worked there for 3 years, people were fun to work with and managers cared. Would have stayed if they didnt move to different state. If you get a job there, enjoy it.
Upper management non engaged, lack of teamwork on the common goal
Sr Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 13, 2018
Perform daily routines to keep upper mgmnt abreast of financial status. Supports and trains other modules within the dept, always available for any questions that new staff may have. Corrects/changes made from inexperienced staff making poor decisions Biggest frustration is expecting more advanced results as upper mgmnt expects from other remedial staff that are barely surviving their own job function. Adds more work to me on the back end for me. I am struggling to survive in a new management environment who has not bothered to grasp historical processes that delivered amazing accurate results to our clients in the past.
Pros
Remote work option and flexible work schedule.
Cons
Minimal managerial support to staff
Multiple, Annual Lay-offs
EDI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJuly 13, 2018
No job security, During my 10 years of employment, the was a minimum of two, departmenal Lay-offs each and every year. Management fails to address critical issues and concerns of employees
Good benefits but no job security
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 13, 2018
I was with McKesson for over 30 years and got laid off in 2016. This in itself should speak for the lack of job security. Other employees were very nice. Most management came about because of the "it's all in who you know".
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No job security
Company does not care about their employees
Payment Posting Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJuly 11, 2018
Over the past 11 years, I have come to realize more and more that this company does not care about their employees. The management is all about the bottom line and will throw anyone under the bus they need to in order to meet that bottom line. For the largest medical company in the world, their health benefits are not great and their pay is even worse. Most people use this company as a training ground for a better job. I am looking for a company that cares about it's employees and I've come to realize that this is not McKesson (now Change Healthcare).
Pros
Vacation time and paid holidays
Cons
Everything else
Good work place
SAP Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 11, 2018
Opportunity to work on multiple modules such as SAP AFS, SD, MM.
Daily stand up meeting to track the work, discuss sprint stories and blockers etc.
Good opportunity to work on wide variety of projects.
Good place to work with opportunities for career advancement
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 11, 2018
Good place to work with opportunities for career advancement. Management given flexibility to lead staff in the most appropriate way to achieve high performance and team-driven solutions.
great job
Pharmacy Systems Implementation Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2018
A great quick-paced job with lots of travel involved
The team works like a family to achieve a goal for the company.
Everyone here is very friendly.
Don’t do it.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2018
I worked for the iPLEDGE program which is one of the many programs that are offered by McKesson. From the start, the workplace seemed amazing. You’re constantly told that you could go from a contract employee to a full-time worker so long as you did your work and showed up on time. But that’s far from the truth. There are way too many people working for management to notice your efforts but no doubt they will notice when you go one minute over your 15-minute break. They focus on you and make you feel welcome during training but once that’s over you’re forgotten about and not even acknowledged. Management is rude. Specifically talking about supervisors. My supervisor was horrible. She never let me speak my concerns and was constantly interrupting and belittling me. Even when I asked to switch supervisors nothing was done. They have a very HIGH turnover rate. They won’t ever speak to you to correct anything. While working there I’ve witnessed at LEAST 20 people being told that “their assignment at McKesson has ended” and are not given any reason why. Everyone is disposable and they are constantly bringing new classes of people in each month so it doesn’t bother them to cut people off. The work is repetitive and boring. You will get tired of it. I know it seems great and the new building is amazing but trust me it is not worth it. The only good thing I can say is that you get paid weekly. That’s the only thing that kept me there for as long as I stayed. Please save your sanity and find a different job.
Best place to ever work at
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2018
I loved loved loved working at Mckesson and i plan to go back. I had to relocate for family purposes but I'm moving back to AZ and i really really hope i can get my job back!
Successful company with room for career growth
IndividalContribuor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
The benefits, perks, policies and wages are above average, Parent friendly company with generous parental leave. Tools and resources available for career growth.
great company. took retirement too soon. should have stayed another 5-7 yrs.
RETAIL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJJuly 9, 2018
I made a major mistake and took retirement too early. Left and went to a competitor who was fine. Unfortunately they sold to CAH. A nightmare from there. Excellent company. Just do your job and drive the volume/profit upwards and you will have no issues. They have quite a few sales reps that are dead wood and need to be replaced. Favoritism personified.
Great company to work for. I was very sad to her the contract ended.
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 9, 2018
Mckesson is a great company to work for. I hope to work for them again one day. They treat their employee's well. They offered a free gym and they had a cafe to have healthy food prepared for you daily.
Pros
Very friendly people.
Cons
It was only a temp position.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 8, 2018
The area is nice. It is a good place to work. Wish I could go back. The hardest part is showing up to work because it was far from my house. One of the security guards is rude for no reason that's the bad part.
Admin Asst.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2018
Worked with HBOC until it was bought by McKesson. There was a scandal with software that did not exist and cost upper management their jobs. Some went to jail. I left right before all of this.
Competitive.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 8, 2018
If you don’t over think it you’re good. You get earned minutes as determined by engineering standards you want to come in under the required amount on a regular basis to be “positive” and can earn incentive pay if done consistently.Culture. Cliques. Not for me .
Pros
Incentives if you meet goals.
Cons
If you don’t meet goals in probation =termination.Attitudes
High stress low pay
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 7, 2018
This is the most unprofessional place I’ve ever worked. Training is poor. Management is poor and unknowlegable and does nothing but micromanage employees. The pay is poor for the volume of work. Extremely high stress and the amount of multitasking is off the charts. Unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Nice office, adjustable desk
Cons
Management, volume of work not sustainable, training is poor
Good While it lasted
DISTRIBUTION CENTER LEADER/GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 7, 2018
McKesson came in and added a completely new system platform then shut the distribution center down. They spent about a million and a half and reassured all of the management and staff that the cutbacks would not affect us and then we were told a month later we would be shut down. The severance package was nice though and they did do all they could to help us prepare for other positions.
Fast paced somewhat hard to advance.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJJuly 6, 2018
Very strict management, must pay union fees before joining, difficult to advance from part time to full time. Mandatory over time without notice. Horrible point system
Pros
Free shirts and barbeque
Cons
No benefits
Growing pains
Practice Support Liaison Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 5, 2018
McKesson is growing so fast that it is outgrowing itself. Growing pains are the results of that enormous growth. There needs to be more thought placed in planning and more trust in the leaders you select to lead you through the change.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McKesson.

Powered by Comparably