McKesson Employee Reviews

Management terrible
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNNovember 19, 2017
Terrible, bad, not good. Management poor, CEO poor. Lack of communication. There is no more for me to tell at this point. Layoffs happening all over for this company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Not a great place
Director (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 17, 2017
Expect a lot with limited resources. Priority change on the fly. Too many managers who are focused on their individual needs and not companies. Very low morale and concern about job security.
do not work here
Assistant Lead/Material Handler 2 (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2017
high school mentality. management has no clue how to manage their work force. very little planning for the work day. there is no team effort involved. the pay does no compensate the work done.
McKesson
Administrative Assistant - Long Term Care Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 16, 2017
A typical day at McKesson for me was travel expenses reconciliation for six managers. Accounts Payables, answering phone, filing, calendaring and setting up travel.

Workplace culture was dim.

Hardest part of the job was "no overtime". My position derived out of three positions so this position was overloaded. I would work to get the job done no matter how many hours.

The most enjoyable part of my job was my manager. He was amazing. So talented and smart. I respect him very much.
Pros
My Manager
Cons
Salary and Slow Decisioning
Fun and Quick paced
Randstad Agency - Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Delran, NJNovember 16, 2017
Very important and quick paced job other people's lives depend on us. They are very flexible to all of your everyday life needs. Very active a lot of running.
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CONovember 16, 2017
Great company to work for. Unfortunately the company was closed and everyone lost their jobs. They took really good care of everyone in the transition and help most find new jobs.
Work place culture was lacking with poor management
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2017
Learned a lot about the industry while working there. Co-workers where very helpful and friendly. However, due to management people were stressed and felt unappreciated.
Pros
Gained great knowledge. Close to home
Cons
Poor management
Company committed to it's mission
Pro Services and Impl Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IANovember 16, 2017
McKesson was a great company to work for. Because of the commitments necessary in the healthcare industry the commitment to meet the customers needs always came first.
Strong exposure to Supply Chain
Operations/ Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2017
McKesson is a very customer driven business and the atmosphere is highly motivating to drive growth and success for an individual.

The employee benefits are amazing.

Overall satisfying experience.
Good Environment
IT Infrastructure Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 15, 2017
Mckesson has been a great company with very fair benefits and exposure to great technologies. Excellent Place to to work with good opportunities for career growth. It has been a great learning experience for me.
Pros
Opportunity for career growth
Cons
Huge Corporation
N/a
Reimbursement Specialist/Project Management (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 15, 2017
Mckesson is a wonderful company to work for with benefits. The company is growing and doing a lot for the community. The attendance policy is very strict.
Great team!
Customer Care Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2017
Enjoyed my team and my boss. All breaks were scheduled. Usually a busy day. Started to be able to work from home on occasion. Lots of opportunities to move depending on your career path.
Good Company
RSE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly environment. The company is going through a revamp with layoffs but still is a good place to work. Treats the employees very well.
EHR Implementations
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 14, 2017
Managing several projects across the country and overseeing the production of a new platform replacing our old EHR. We worked long hours to ensure all features and functionality was in place for Meaningful Use attestation.
Pros
Travel perks
good pay hard work
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHNovember 14, 2017
picked orders all day management has went down hill some since starting but over all its not a bad place to work . hardest part is so many types of write ups you have to keep your speed up our errors down and always be at work. some people there make it hard to work but most people are great. just a few bad eggs in the bunch. I loved working with the people and having a job that meant something to someone, you were helping someone in need.
Good people, not the most exciting work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2017
Loved the people, work and environment were a bit dull. Not the best run software group. The rest of this review is filler because I left there several years ago and believe that much, if not most, of the software development group was moved out of SF.
Good Company
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 14, 2017
McKesson is a great company to work for - fast paced and stressful at times. Management is good - Culture is collaborative and the hardest part of the job is it never ends. Its truly a 7X24 hour environment.
Pros
Good Company - Transparency at the top
Cons
Stressful environment - Fast Pace
Never a dull moment
Sacramento Projects Team/ Flu Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 13, 2017
Working at Mckesson, there was never a dull moment. It was always insanely busy and you constantly were learning more and more each day. I enjoyed the job overall but the hours and stress was a lot to handle when i was pregnant and mandatory overtime is not something i want or need with a family of 5.
Pros
Coworkers, management, benefits
Cons
long hours, stressful work environment
they provide free snacks and drinks
Pomeroy IT - Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 13, 2017
It was a pleasure working with the great team of people and quickly bonded with them for a short a period of time. I learned various techniques and troubleshooting with other team member.
Operations manager
Operations Manager - Shared Services (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 13, 2017
Managed day to day and strategic goals of the shared services support desk.

Responsible for day to day SLAs as well as backlog management, driving strategic initiatives, and advancing employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.