McKesson Employee Reviews

Found 3,985 reviews matching the search See all 4,481 reviews
My experiences
Payment poster (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 19, 2019
lack of management. She was never there and when she was there she didn't know her job
I learned a lot about medical billing and I loved my job and the people I worked with.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
managers
Fast paced call center
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 18, 2019
McKesson was a fast paced environment. Management there was friendly and helpful to the employees. Moat enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers over the phone and assisting them with any issues they may have had.
Fast pace and enjoyed my time there
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 18, 2019
Wonderful company. Good training provided. Awesome leadership. I wouldn't trade anything else for this company had to quit due to a few bad apples(workers). Go to work get in get out.
Large healthcare company
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2019
It's rewarding to work with great colleagues who make a difference in healthcare for many people. We work hard but also take time to participate in community and volunteer events.
Very friendly workplace
Case Manager-Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 16, 2019
The environment is very friendly. Upper management does their best to make sure you are doing your job correctly and if not offers more training. Advancement is given when earned./
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
Hires by agency contract
Good company to work for.
Senior Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 16, 2019
I was a remote employee so I am not able to comment on their office environment. As a company McKesson is a fun and fair place to work. The benefits offered by McKesson are above average.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Work/life balance
Great Work Environment
Director (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 16, 2019
There are a number of caring people that are customer focused and want the best for them. In this way, there is a single point of focus, improving the customer experience and that is what creates a synergy and focus to provide a way forward and why we should work together across Silos.
Was a nice place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 15, 2019
I would love to work for them again if I had a chance my experience there was good but I had to leave due to a sister being sick . I loved packing and taping the boxes closed . nice people and willing to help you when you have a issue
Pros
Good work out
Cons
You get hot and thirsty fast
Busy
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 14, 2019
It’s a small company with a high over turn rate .your going to be doing a lot of walking at a pace in a gloomy warehouse and you can’t leave until everything is done so expect long hours .they have a 8 point system for the whole year so try to not have any emergencies .some people are nice others have a attitude because they never can keep anybody .they do have a program called vitality that should help work your health insurance down which is nice . They will tell you anything to try to keep you but I don’t think it’s a good place to grow .
A beautiful place to work at.
Specialty Pharmaceutical Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 14, 2019
The brand new building is bueatiful. Everything is up to par with the latest equipment, however a lot of management changes. Due to a lot of people moving up, we didn’t have a consistent manager.
Pros
Friendly professionals
Cons
It’s a “who you know or friends with” that determines your success type of envirement.
Professional, Friendly and Quality Workplace
CSR and QA (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 14, 2019
Out of all the Customer Service jobs I've worked, McKesson was the most professional, had the most reliable management, offered the most effective training and was the most clean and pleasant place you could ask for. If I hadn't have moved to another state, I believe I would still be there today.
Wonderful and pleasant co-workers
Inbound/Outbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMarch 14, 2019
Loved working within the call center atmosphere. Management needs improvement. Salary satisfactory. Very fast paced. Advancement minimal. PTO was fair.
Lead astray
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 14, 2019
Mckesson hires through RemX staffing agency, they lead me to believe that I had a chance at long term permanent employment if I was on time, never absent and a good worker. This was a lie, first off training sucked, they hired 400 plus workers at once and then after their "blitz" season was over they rounded us up in a huddle and "released us" no warning. Dirty business...only thing they offered was good pay.
Pros
pay
Cons
Training and instability
Good cutlure
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 14, 2019
This place has a professional atmosphere. Good place to work and gain experience. Did not really see a true advancement for growth after a couple of years.
Good company to work for. Good environment
System Support Analyst (level2) (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 14, 2019
Got laid off from the company but willing to work again. Career advancement. Good benefits. Worked there about 6 years and one the best companies to work for.
Bad Management
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 13, 2019
Supervisor of the department was very unfair and had a lot of favoritism toward other employees. The department is no longer in business at the company.
Company pays well, but will not allow a raise unless it's the annual evaluation. Changes the rules and does not allow you to fight for yourself.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 13, 2019
My manager sought out getting you in trouble which does not allow you to move in the company. Great benefits package. Some teams are fantastic. My manager promised to remove or correct our horrible supervisor and never did
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Beyond strict policies
Easy place to work
Liaison for multi accounts (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSMarch 13, 2019
The days were easy enough. same thing everyday as far as the calls, track lost orders, create return labels, enter returns,& credits.
The dress code was relaxed, jeans and tennis shoes. The hardest part of the job was trying to find a manager. The most fun part of the day was getting ready to go home.
Pros
my customers
Cons
poor management
bad onboarding
REIMBURSEMENT OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 12, 2019
sink or swim environment, bad on boarding, bad training, dont like culture of negativism. Its all in who you know not your quality of work. regret working here
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
too many meetings
fast paced and competitive
Shipping/warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 12, 2019
i enjoy the job but the pay and distance to olathe has caused strain on my outside life and vehicles. Manager and employees are great people to work with however the distance makes it very difficult to make it on time with traffic and construction. an hour there and an hour home makes for really long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.4K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McKesson.

Powered by Comparably