McKesson Employee Reviews

Customer service
Customer Service Rep. Duties (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 16, 2018
I have no review on the company at this time due to lay off. A day in the life inboud calls, email and edi order processing. Aweome supervisors and co workers.
Pros
Great group of people, benefits and managers.
Cons
Lay off
Good compensation but long hours.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 16, 2018
My position kept me working third shift at an average 9-10 hours shift. The pay was more than enough to justify the crazy hours however not allowing the time with my family that I desired.
Mckesson is a great company to work for, and the fact that I obtained my CPAR while employed with the company.
Patient Reimbursement Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 16, 2018
A typical work day consisted of logging into all systems and running accounts receivable/payable reports for all Client that were assigned per team. I learned time management and the ability to adapt to change. Management seemed overwhelmed at times, and not very approachable. The hardest part of the job is the month end when it was crunch time, and the team was short a percentage and it was a possibility that a particular team or Client may not reach revenue goal for the month. Work was interrupted abruptly and special projects were given with little to no instructions but expected to be completed by a short deadline. Reports were ran based on the size of the client and what code be done to increase revenue. It could be somewhat stressful. However, it would be an awesome feeling when the Clients reached the goal for the month. The enjoyable part of the job was the employees in our department were like an extended family and we all got along for the most part. Because we got along it made our jobs a little less stressful.
Pros
CPAR - reimbursed, Flex time was offered, Great benefits, Dress code was casual and we could wear jeans.
Cons
Low Salary, Advancement nearly impossible, Management not informative on what is going on with the company
One of the best places to work!
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAOctober 15, 2018
I loved working for this company. There was rarely any drama among co-workers. The atmosphere was light hearted and relaxed. The management was very understanding and flexible with schedules. Great pay and benefits!
Pros
Salary, Working conditions
McKesson helped me enhanced my sell skills.
POST-SHIP DOCUMENTATION REP/SALES (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 15, 2018
Outbound calls/Inbounds calls to verify insurances. In addition, we were required to increase sales for physicians documentation. Also, I was responsible for intervory, which required printing paper, computer ink, writing supplies, cleaning equipments, computers/ laptops, and etcs.
Pros
Great company.
Cons
Doesn't allow growth to move forward
Teamwork
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 15, 2018
My McKesson team was the best team I have been a member of. 1. The leader did a great job integrating new team member. 2. The team members were passionate about the job and delivering an excellent product.
Pros
The people
Cons
Need to relocate for advancement
Not a good place to work
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Robinsville, NJOctober 14, 2018
Stressful and poor management. Bad work life relationship. Didn't care about workers. Would change rules to fit whatever management wanted. Union did nothing for us workers. Definitely would not recommend this location to anyone.
All about the stock price
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 14, 2018
Poor decisions and execution lead to demise of a strong product that needed some work. Instead of putting in some effort to eliminate bugs in the software, the company choose to go another direction (see cheaper windows based product) and 3 years later that section of the company no longer exists.
ok place to work
EDI Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 12, 2018
Hey it's a job. All come with their own set of issues. The work from home was great. If you luck up and get a great supervisor it is even better. Some positions even let you work from home all week.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Some of the management
Fast paced and ever changing place to work
Lead Patient Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986October 12, 2018
During my time at McKessson/Change Healthcare I learned and completed the following:
Quality audits
Reporting
Team Lead for a group of 30-40 individuals
Ensured agents made improvements on a weekly basis
Training on new items on a weekly basis
Assisted with different phases of training
Kept track of adherence and attendance for team
Coaching on any areas of opportunities created excel sheet to track the progress of the team
Created memos/desk to desks
Customer service in a high call volume patient access center to assist with any registration needs, new and established patient scheduling and procedure scheduling for multiple specialties in the medical field for more than 2,500 physician
Pros
Fast paced and always c]something new to learn to grow as an individual
Cons
could be unorganized at times
Productive and fast paced
Sr. Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSOctober 11, 2018
McKesson is fast-paced and productive work environment. Most positions are results driven with incentives on high performance, productivity and accuracy.
Senior Claims Solutions System Analyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed my co-workers and I learned alot.there and enjoyed my time.
People were helpful and understanding . Good work life balance . Hardest part of the job was not always understanding what the client wanted or needed. Thats when listening came into play all the time .
Good Place to Work
Managed Care Reimbursement Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 11, 2018
Very strong and innovative company. They compensate well, and have a good work life balance. Their trade shows and ideashare's are great for the company and sales teams.
Pros
Lots of Free Food, Macromanaged, good compensation
Cons
Management is disconnected
Poor Management
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 10, 2018
The management of lum did not care about your life and did not support the opportunity for anyone who wanted to go to school. The company itself was amazing.
Awesomeness
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 10, 2018
The culture and environment was awesome there the only down side is they only hire through temp agencies. Management is always there for you and they recognize talent and help with your goals.
Pros
Pay!
Cons
Temporary projects they hire for.
Very poor place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2018
If you have any type of values do not work at mckesson in fort worth, especially the tech support departments...Management is very poor and the culture is cut throat!!!!!!
Cons
poor management
good
Material Handler (Receiving) (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSOctober 10, 2018
culture is very good up there. They communicate well with employees about things going on up there. They have many breaks and it doesnt feel like slavehouse.
if you want to go back to high school this place is for you
Drug Replacement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 9, 2018
Company got bought out by Mckesson, dynamic changed. Its a toxic environment and the Management was a joke. "Supervisors" made you feel like you were in high school and the cattiness was enough to make you want to run for the hills.
Pros
Few good people
Cons
Everything else
Review
N/A (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2018
Overall I think McKesson Corporation is a great company... I'm still with the company but in a different department. It's a typical Fortune 500 company.
CREDIT ACCOUNT MANAGER/ MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 9, 2018
Good facility great managers great benefits great opportunities for advancement if you are willing to put in the work. Fast paced work environment must have computer skills.
Pros
Casual fridays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.3Fairygodboss Score

31%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

70%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.