McKesson

3.0Job Security & Advancement

Found 152 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,690 reviews
balancebenefitmedicalcompanyteamwarehousesupervisortraining

Blah

My whole department and two others all got laid off with a three day notice. When just two weeks ago we were being told our jobs weren't at risk. They gave us a week severance pay. Not sure how they picked the people that stayed because I know they didn't go by seniority or good attendance.

Management stands out in a bad way. there is no opportunity for growth.

Management fell apart and made the place a bitter environment. They had their chosen people and there was no opportunity for growth. They don't hear you.

McKesson insights

Based on 2,364 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Contract Temp

Everything was wonderful except for being a contract employee, we were laid off with two days notice. Worked in a freezer environment but we were supplied more than adequate gear to compensate this. Lots of down time and team building events.

Good environment

Easy to work here, good environment, great training program, supportive management, co-workers and the company. (This is from my night shift experience)

There was minimal to zero positive management from operations manager to supervisors. They got their jobs by who they knew. Barely knew how to even properly do the jobs themselves. Would have been better off if run by the actual employees.

No life/work balance

You never know when you get to go home. Overtime is everyday. Few opportunities to advance in company. Would not recommend if you have a family life or want to have one.

Pros

Free food sometimes

Cons

No life/work balance

good compensation poor management

poor management but good pay the work life balance depends on department good benefits friendly environment supervisors just suck but you can move up from within

Pay was decent.

Don't work in the LUM unless you like conflict, drama, hostile work conditions, mismanagement, lies. and an unsafe environment. A part time position was created to ease the first and third shifts workload and long hours. However, these shifts refused to allow any help on their lines whatsoever, unless you were in their "clique" , leaving you scrambling for work as pay and job security is based on production. Absolutely worst place I have ever worked.

Decent pay but lack of leadership

Hired in an everything was going well. 3 months in and people were quitting left and right because of lack of direction and empty promises. They wouldn’t hire anyone to replace them so everyone else is forced to work up to 14 hours a day to make up for it. Has the potential be great but they desperately need to show employees more appreciation by giving them a home life.

Mckesson overall is a great company to work for. Aside from the drama and rumors on the floor. Fast paced and repetitive which could be stressful at times.

Pros

Benefits, raises, salary

Cons

Drama

Its just ok

Decent stepping stone but Its not a career. Keep moving. Management isn't all together. Your raise is very minimal and you will be expected to handle more responsibility the longer you are there with just a simple pat on the back to reward you. Oh and sometimes Pizza

Pros

some benefits outside of just health care

Cons

pay is low and its a battle for hours most seasons

Wouldn't recommend to friends or family. Flexibility is one of the good things about working here and the benefits are great as well but that's about it.

Crazy Management

If you are friends with management, you will be promoted. If you are friends with the operations manager, you will be move around the company in order for them to find a good fit for you (save their jobs because they are friends). If you are not part of the "IT" crowd, you will be overlooked for any advancement. If you are hurt on the job, you better have a good lawyer because they will not help you in any way. Everyone will rat you out for anything that you say, so ,make sure to keep your mouth shut. They may seem to be your friends but they are not.

Pros

okay benefits

Cons

Management, Hours

Great Pay and Decent Vacation, Work Life Balance is a big factor here

If you need the money, work here. If not then don’t. It’s not worth you wasting your life, doing hard labor over and over again, breaking your back for them to give credit to other people “they” want to see succeed. If you work here then focus on your financial goals. If advancement comes to you, you’re one of the lucky ones and kudos to you. Also if you live for drama and that’s your life goal then please work the night shift. Warning, pay and benefits are decent, but you will be working a lot of hours.. so if you value your family or personal time, consider this.

Pros

Pay, Overtime, Benefits

Cons

Work life balance, management

Good Job

Good job to work for but they work you so hard that you don’t have time outside of work to do anything but sleep because your body start to feel so drained. They have good employee benefits and raises. Awesome medical plans that you get bonuses from if you stay up to date with your Flu shots, BMI and medical history. I enjoyed celebrating holidays and having luncheons. I met so many good people

Pros

Good company

Cons

Need good management

Fast pase

Good company to start. Learning many tasks of warehouse environment. Very inclusive with all people. They speak English and Spanish so everyone can understand the job.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Pay was good, tuition reimbursement

Pay was decent for working in a warehouse, you got bonuses after 90 days, 6 months, and a year. Within the first year I was making $16/hour, they really wanted you to take advantage of the tuition reimbursement, about $5200 paid back each year as long as you passed the class. Management was awful, played favorites a lot and are picky about break times, have to be back on time otherwise you were written up. They fired a bunch of people during covid for break times. Paid time off was good, lots of time and could leave during the work day for personal reasons if need be. Got two to three breaks a day depending on the work day, could work 12 hours each day which makes for a good paycheck just not for a work life balance. Plenty of opportunities for over time good benefits

Pros

Paid time off, decent pay, tuition reimbursement, good benefits

Cons

Management, break and lunch times, long hours

good

Company decent. Advancements are so/so.. Pay is okay. Just go to work, work, and mind your own business. Some days are better than others but thats with any job. Overall, its a cool company.

Overall a great experience

I work on a time based project within the company so there's a sense of impending end, but there is also the possibility of a permanent position at the end of the project. This particular project is akin to working at a fire house. Hurry up and wait and stay mission ready. Lots of sitting around, but it's paid (well) sitting around so I cannot complain at all. Management is very accommodating with work-life balance. My immediate supervisor is one of the best I've ever worked for and my coworkers are overall great.

Pros

Good pay for easy work

Cons

Slow and sometimes boring

Great company

My time at this company was amazing, great crew and management who always had your back and helped you to reach your goals. Training you on the job to assist you to achieve more goals and positions with the employer

Pros

Way too many to mention

Cons

Contract ended befor hiring process started

I started when it 1st opened

When I first started there everything was good until the supervisor started showing favoritism to certain employees then that's when it started getting ugly and position started going to their favorite employees instead of people that work the hardest