McKesson
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

McKesson Job Security & Advancement reviews: Material Handler

When I first started there everything was good until the supervisor started showing favoritism to certain employees then that's when it started getting ugly and position started going to their favorite employees instead of people that work the hardest
I was fired for “acting like I was better than everyone else.” Apparently walking around with my head held high every day is considered being “too confident” here. 4 other employees were fired in the same day, but I was fired because of a “he said she said” situation and never even got the chance to speak with a manager about it. The lady from the Yohconnex desk (HR) just told me I was fired after lunch one day. I was also told “I talk too much” and “never do my job”, but EVERYONE DOES. It’s practically the nature of the job because talking is the best way to pass time. I can’t believe how unfair and unclear they are here. Aside from my personal situation... I wouldn’t recommend working here to anyone that enjoys being productive at work because there is a lot of standing around, not to mention the protocol changes every week.
Pros
Good pay and Benefits
Cons
No job security or leadership from upper management
I do have some issues with this company. The benefits package and the pay are top notch, but for some reason where it took many others two weeks to get hired on, it took me almost a month. I had only been at that job for about 3 weeks until I contracted the coronavirus and had to be placed on quarantine for two weeks. My issue is with management and HR not being able to give me the answers that I needed when it came to inquiring about emergency paid sick leave. I feel like I have to pull tooth and nail to try to talk to someone about it and when I do finally talk to someone about it I'm constantly left in the dark with no answers to my concerns. Huge disappointment in that area
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Vitality, Pto, Holidays
Cons
Trying to get answers to concerns
I have had a great experience working for McKesson Canada over the last few years and would highly recommend it to others seeking a job there. The people are very social and they make you feel very welcome.
Great work place. Learned a lot of things during my time there. Gained forklift experience and someComputer experience. Delivered products/merchandise when needed. Enjoyed interacting with customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Could use better equipments
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Work-life balanceIt’s a very fast pace jobPay & benefitsN/aOverallIt was a great experience working at this job the people are great it is a fast pace working You must get rest take care Of your body Mikasa is a great company to work for
Great warehouse job for someone to that wants to work a lot and earn money fast, i got a better opportunity that why i left but if you want to get the bag and yourself together this id it
Work-life balanceThere is no balance, it's all work life unless you're part of the clique.Pay & benefitsIf you're not crazy yet, they will get you there.Job security and advancementOnly promote brown nosing employees. As long as you kiss up, they don't care that you can't or don't do your job.OverallDon't think this is going to be anything like they portray themselves to be. They don't care about you, just what you can do for them. Really is a wretch of a place to work.
Mckesson has been a great place to work, most people will start out as material handlers and will work their way up to different roles, so long as they want to invest in their careers. There are many areas to grow into, and the night shift pay differential is also a nice perk, on top of incentives that we can earn.
Pros
great pay, free lunches from time to time, room for growth
Cons
nightshift isn't for everyone, 1 or 2 long nights from time to time.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at McKesson is non existent.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at McKesson are not enoughJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at McKesson, I think you can't go wrong with this industry especially nowManagementIn general, managers at McKesson are hit or miss
Not saying that McKesson is a bad company at all, but it definitely doesn’t feel like a life long career.I have been working for them about 7-8 years now and only a handful of people I’ve worked with have ever been offered a promotion. You’re most likely prone to either staying in the position you were hired for or maybe be able to move to a new department (aka receiving or inventory control) but never see an upper management job the time you spend working here.
Cons
Short breaks, watched under a microscope
I have managed to learn every operations function for my position and also for some positions I've filled in. Also I've been able to travel to other warehouses to help and train new employees.
Cliquey place with poor management. Long hours. Pay is decent. Benefits are excellent, but no advancement no matter how hard you work. They will teach you different areas but no praise or pay raises.
Mckesson is a dang good company to work for has nice people and supervisors and well organized business very clean I just love working for themg for them
you get hired on and its great until you have three weeks of mandar=try 12 hour shifts. and then a few tw==en hour shifts then 12 . and it feels like ur a zombie and have no work life balance. they always are hiring because they fire you for being even a minute late too many times. literally two people got fired last week and then three started this week. no job security. the supervisors are all men they're all pervs. hr protects them . don't work here.
I do love working for mckesson. The money is good, the people are good. I enjoy the work. It's great exercise. I feel comfortable. The downside to mckesson are the shifts and hours.
The material handler position at Salt Lake City, Utah for McKesson is for those who aren't advancing their lives in terms of career, academics or athletics. It is for those whose lives are sustained by still living at home, or still in their mid-twenties. The job is ideally for people who have decided to buy automobiles that will take ten-plus years to pay off (read: they can't really afford the vehicle and all the associated costs of wear, tear, maintenance and insurance). Why buy a luxury or high-performance automobile if all you're doing is driving it to work, with a small commute (or in rush hour) and if you work nights? I digress; this job is for masochists who suffer from the 'Classic American' syndrome that pain and suffering (and ignoring your body's way of telling you something is wrong), constitutes hard work. It is the epitome of 'work hard' (and don't work smart). Energy drinks and cigarettes -- do I need to say anything else about this job that says there is no work-life balance? How do I begin to describe the standards? Standards demand you overexert yourself for the myriad of variables that may come your way: using Shepard hooks to pull product, tearing non-environmentally friendly plastic covering all that Gabapentin and Metformin, because, standards include cleanliness to make your bosses' bosses look good for corporate; a standard I'm told is seldom seen at other Distribution Centers. And if you aren't going fast enough, chances are good that all those variables and contingencies are going to accumulate and threaten your job security. A pressured psyche - more...
Awesome place to work!! Some many perks and advancement opportunities! Hiring from within and cross-training, McKesson really stands out as a top notch employer!
Wasn't a good experience for me, I was with the company for over two years. Started on the weekend shift and then forced onto the overnight shift, working 10 hours +, the rule was when you clocked in you couldn't leave until work was done which would be 10 to 13 a day with no room for growth and advancement.
just no they didn't treat me good at the end it was nice at the start then they just started hiring the wrong people for the wrong jobs and the employees were class act people
Mckesson was a great company to be apart of. Even though we worked long hours some days, the job always made sure we was fed and always pointed out the people that is doing a good job. Furthermore, the supervisors leads taught me plenty of skills before I left the company. Such as, forklift equipment, how to properly use the RF scanner, and leadership.