McKesson
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

McKesson Job Security & Advancement reviews: Material Handler

When I first started there everything was good until the supervisor started showing favoritism to certain employees then that's when it started getting ugly and position started going to their favorite employees instead of people that work the hardest
You will be lied to from the first interaction with this company. Hours worked for full time ant part time employees are already wrong. You basically are on a treadmill for 8 hours trying to score “positive numbers” that nobody has a clue how these numbers are calculated. Once cold and flu season starts the hours go up to over 10 hours a day. Benefits are some of the poorest I’ve ever seen, management has no clue how to be effective leaders, if you are not a fast learner you might as well not even apply because training is by far the worst I’ve ever seen. Turnover is over 70%. If you can make it past the probationary period they do offer 7% base raises after 6,12, and 18 month periods. After that a base 3% raise every calendar year. It’s not worth the effort you put into it. The incentives you might hear about are so small you won’t even know you received one. Do yourself a favor and pass this company up.
Pros
Can’t think of one
Cons
Management, benefits, pay
If you have children or are in school I'd stay away this job requires 90% of your time and energy with basically one day off most of your off time will be spent soaking or sleeping. Some really nice good people work there management is OK and fair it's not their fault that the overall it's not a good place
Pros
Benefits, Full-times hrs, co-worker and fair practices
Cons
Long hrs, mandatory overtime, starting pay isn't good, point system can get you fired easily
McKesson ( Roseville, Ca )is a company that actually cares about their employees compare to other warehouse companies in California, I would have to say. The management treat you with respect and dignity as a human being. I can tell you there are a lot of opportunities for growth and learning new things at this company. My supervisor and manager will always give me positive feedbacks on our connect meeting which we have every 3-5 months . They will never put you down and instead find a solution to how to improve your skills / what you want to learn/ and also how to make the company a better place for you to do your job easier and always looking for new Ideas . There are also other departments from different shift if you would like to do cross trainings and that would benefit yourself and improve your skills . McKesson also comes with perks such as discounts on your health benefits along with a program call Vitality . I am currently employed at Mckesson Roseville, Ca and I am happy that I am working for this company . I have been employed since November 2018 and planned on improving my skills here and more opportunities to grow with this company, since then I am now part of the Leadership Group .
Pros
Opportunities for growth / health benefits/ PTO/ Flex PTO/ vacation paid/ holiday Pay/ Vitality
Cons
It was a good job. They big on safety management is okay . They let there employees disrespect you. And don’t believe you. A lot of people get fired from he say she say stuff. You gotta stay to yourself there. Fast pace you get off when the work is done.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I wouldn't recommend anybody I know to work there there a biased nature on management there and they are very racist and very unfair towards certain employees. Poor working environment toxic.
Pros
Progressive raises but should be higher pay
Cons
Many as i have already stated toxic environment
I love working at Mckesson is a good company it has good benefits but the management is very pool after all I’ve got to learn a lot of new things Met know people that turn into family I love the benefits
It's a good job, alot of room to grow, I have been with this company going on 8 years . I love the employees.. we have a great leadership team and cannot forget the benefits.
This company say that they have room for growth, but unless you are liked they will not let you move forward. They hold you back if in the material handling department. Instead of giving you options to grow.
Long days. No work/ family.Balance. Poor poor no compassion or even care of employee situation. A pregnant employee was denied time off for any maternal/ pregnancy well check appointments at the busy time of their "day"!! Do not apply!!
It was a fast pace I learned a lot of warehouse tools the 10 yrs. i worked there. It became stressful after a while of working in the facility for so long.
McKesson supports leadership and growth. The company is loyalty to its employees is amazing. The training was simple and easy however you do work hard and sometime overtime is required. McKesson is an awesome company with great benefits 😍I would recommend you apply
This employment challenges your life / work balance with family ,friends and the like. Working and finding a good and comfortable momentum would be a good goal or place to start.
Pros
Decent pay and /or opportunities
Cons
Working over night can be hard to adjust to
I really enjoyed working at McKesson Pharmaceuticals. I started there as a part-time employee while taking full-time classes at a community college. I was offered full-time work. Later I transferred my college credits and had to accept a job offer in a different city. The work at McKesson was rewarding, the team effort was astounding and the pay was great.
I worked here for 4 months and all I received from this place was no life, terrible benefits offered (only health savings plan options), hostile work environment, lies from management, intimidation tactics from leadership, favoritism throughout the facility, bodily pain (blisters, swelling, runners toe and lost 2 toe nails) no talking while working or you will be yelled at by the leaders on shift. No room for advancement and no pay raises. Must be able to SPEED walk 20 miles a night. Only two 20 minute breaks for a 10 plus hour shift and you will be working from midnight to 4 or past 4am with no breaks. I bought a fit bit just to see what I was really doing to my body and the human body is not made for the work they require of you. I have worked 3 different picker jobs in warehouse and this place is the only place I ever wanted to slit my wrists from. If interviewed beware, they will lie to test to see your availability and claim you cant take off for up to 6 months which is a lie. They want you to recommend people for jobs to turn around and lie to them. They lost opportunities for good honest employees over this. Aggressive employees and fighting, solutions they have for this even with cameras to see it is to separate them into different areas rather then terminating the aggressors and preventing it from happening it to others if conflict arises again. Please know your self worth and look elsewhere unless you are completely desperate for a job.
Pros
overtime every week
Cons
everything listed in the review
A typical warehouse environment. Shipping, receiving, picking and packaging. On your feet all day and on the physical side. Learned equipment like the forklift, pallet jacks and narrow aisle machine. Overall management was fair but like any other work place could be challenges at times. A plus was management did promote education a lot with the intentions of employee advancement. Culture was friendly and family like. Pot lucks, Christmas parties, etc. The hardest part could be work life balance. Again, in this type of job field OT is expected. Work until the job is finished which usually meant OT but where times of leaving early also. Also, night shifts could be challenging for family time. The best part in my opinion was they had you train in multiple areas which allowed employees to rotate jobs and stay fresh.
The place is okay to work, if you dont have a family other than that its 12's 5 days week so its taking a toll on my family. Me having 2 kids i would like to see them more so maybe 3 12's a week would be better or maybe even 4 10's
Pros
Job Security
Cons
No life, 12's five days a week, and no communication from management
it was a great experience at McKesson I learned a lot about being in a warehouse that will help me in the future of my other jobs, I thank them and appreciate the time I spent there.
This job was a good temporary position to gain new experience in the medical industry. They provided me with work for 5 years and I had minimal issues with the company.
I loved my job with McKesson and was sad to have to leave as my family was relocating! Highly recommend this to anyone wanting a job where advancing in the company is a company goal!!!
Pros
Lots of benefits and perks
Cons
Long hours, can be stressful
Mckesson is a great company to work for. Is very competitive when it comes to pay. You have the opportunity to move from plant to plant across the United States.