McKesson

McKesson Employee Reviews for Pharmacy Technician

Pharmacy Technician26 reviews
United States26 reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,538 reviews

Flexible hours and proactive management - great coworkers!

I worked in the First Fill Pharmacy call center. I loved my coworkers and management would really work with you too try to fix any problems that would arise. There were a wide variety of shifts available.

Pros

flexible hours, decent pay, great coworkers and managers

Cons

At times mandatory OT

Flexibility

This company provides stability and my manager is flexible with my schedule. The company gives bonuses. My only complaint is the cost of medical expenses for family is added to your income.

McKesson insights

Based on 2,103 survey responses
What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Expect to work as a robot

The job itself was nice but being expected to be fast at every station right away made it hard to keep up. Management wasn't great either.... no matter how hard you work it's never good enough unfortunately.

Very fast paced, sometimes expected to work as a robot

Great co workers and decent pay however management sucks. Favoritism is at its finest and not everyone gets the same treatment. Supervisor sits around all day and orders people around without positive encouragement. More picky about your faults rather than congratulating you on your hard work for the day.

Pros

Decent co workers

Cons

Disrespectful supervisor

Appreciate their employees

Wonderful company tons of perks and employee appreciation! Paid holidays and good hours where work and home life is balanced well and room to advance while enjoying what you do and being appreciated and acknowledged for all your hard work and being a contributing team member so you feel part of the team and gives you so many opportunities to advance and further your career while having amazing benefits!

Pros

Cons

co workers and management dosent address problems they sweep them under the rug

Production pushed at you constantly without the follow up from management.

I worked ther for almost 3 years but upper management had no clue of how production was run. Stressed work environment. There were favorites and work horses. Needless to say I was not one of them.

Pros

Money good after a couple years. I loved the job itself and felt concern for our customers.

Cons

Workers complained all the time but no one would stand up.

Horrible management

Worked for 3 years with intent to grow within the company. The managers made racist comments to my peers, and think Saftey is a joke. They never compensated for actual work being put in, and kept employees who didn't contribute to the end goals.

Favoritism

Not a place to make a career out of. Management is very "shady." There is a lot of favoritism. If you bring favoritism up you will get pushed out of the company weather it be you resigning or getting fired. They will find a way. They will write you up for incredibly petty stuff. Managers get away with so much including talking to employees disrespectfully. Definitely under paid. You start out working through a temp agency for 6 months which turns into 8ish months because people drag their feet... Then get hired on. So you get hardly any days off for 8is months because people drag their feet and it is the same boring thing every day. The attendance policy is incredibly strict. I've never worked anywhere where it was so strict. Bottom line I quit because management is horrible.

Great Place to Work

I worked with some great employees and management as well. Training was always available, and mentorship from the management. HR was also very helpful.

Maybe the cubicals add to the clickishness...

... or maybe "some" of the managers do. Speaking of managers, always transitioning a new one. Data entry difference for each client...breaks up monotony. Were working on a way to make quotas fairer given work-type. Training available eventually. High dependency on co-workers to assist. At the mercy of co-worker's personality/attitude. Management favorites would rather have one come to them instead of teach the one to be independent.

Pros

Good pay/benefits

Cons

messy management team, atmosphere was confusing: militant covered in smiles

Relaxed Place to work

I loved working there but it was unfortunate that I was hired through a temp service and wasn't able to get hired on. There are alot of great opportunities with this company and great people

Pros

Lots of lunch spreads

Cons

Na

enjoyable job

worked remotely for the company and it was a fun and enjoyable job. Small group working together to get the job done. ran a pharmacy robot for Florida hospital

Pros

excellent bonus

Cons

job lasted as long as contract with vendor

Will never work for Mckesson again.

I was working for staffing agency. On Friday evening I got call from agency saying that don't come for work on Monday as your assignment ended. Yours was a short term project. I guess they didn't came to know about assignment on Friday morning. They should inform employee about project is getting over atleast week in advance so employee can try to find another work. No actual reason given to me for lay off.

Pros

Cons

Try searching job somethwere else

Is great place to make money

like I said is a great place to make money but too much roles and one of the supervisor is acting very strike a lot of people quit because of him being too much

Pros

one day free lunch

Cons

it depend no spesific

Work life balance was amazing couldn’t ask for.l anything less. McKesson has the greatest supervisors and coworkers. Unfortunately, I was provided better career opportunity.

Love my Work, but...

I love what I do, but some of the leadership is pretty difficult to get along with. They don't like to work with employees when they request shift-changes, and advancement within the company can practically be impossible. This company could certainly benefit from listening to their employees more. The benefits are good, but insurance is on the high end. Being closed for federal holidays and having paid holidays are definite pluses!

Pros

Good Benefits, Decent Pay

Cons

Ins. Cost is High, Little Flexibility

N/a

I have no comments each day is different, the hardest part is hardly being home. We are very busy each day and have many duties, some locations need more help.

Pros

Great Supervisors

Cons

Harldy home

Independent work place

Working for Aesynt was a very interesting experience, it was a contracted position so everyday I worked alone to restock the hospital with medications and meet with my boss 1x a year.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

very little pay

Pharmacy technicians

Bad management, Hostile environment., It was like working in a sweat shop.. They watch how many times you go to the bathroom per day. Minatory over time.

Pros

Cons

Bad Management

Hhgyyyy

This job wasnt ideal. There were many safety concerns such as exposure to pill dust for very long periods. Didnt take every precaution to make sure pills dont get mixed.

Good company

This is a pretty good company to work for. The company cares about its people. The manager in my department was pretty good. Co workers are nice. Compensation was a little low I felt like. I didn't see too much opportunity for advancement. Training could have been much better also. Over all, it's not the best place, but definitely not the worst either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McKesson.
Powered byComparably

Compare McKesson with

Career recommendations for Pharmacy Technician

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • McKesson