McKesson Culture reviews

Found 780 reviews matching the search See all 4,585 reviews
Management is bad
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2019
At this job there is no real support from the management. Speaking of management, there are a handful of managers and none of them seem to know who you report to. The workplace culture is toxic, there is a lot of bad things being said among the employees, there is backstabbing going on, there is favoritism going on, when you bring up a suggestion they totally ignore you etc. Management works you so hard to almost your breaking point; it is as if they want you to quit. It would be nice if the management would focus on the employees well being. If that was the case then the turnover rate wouldn't be so high.
Pros
meeting some cool coworkers
Cons
everything else
Learning Experience
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 20, 2019
I learned how technology is a key to success of the company. Working as a team member and not individually to reach company's goal.

Solid wok environment with corporate support makes the tasks easy to accomplish.
Benefits
not a bad place to work. stressful at times
Warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJApril 19, 2019
great place to learn how to be a team player help each other out here and there. great place to learn more experience in warehouse work.
fast paced work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
aggravating at times
Don't Bother
Unit Coordinator / RemX (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 18, 2019
The supervisors always have something rude to say and are negative. No one knows how to do thier job they push it off to the next person/department. If you don't mind being told your ideas are not welcome and to shut up sit down and do your job this is the place for you. I am a positive, patient, compassionate person but working at Mckesson it sucked the soul out of me I became mean, irritated and frustrated. They don't train you with the correct information to do the job if you get training at all that is.... I had 3 days of general company information training then was thrown into my position where I learned the program and systems on my own to be the "department subject matter expert" which is sad because there are people that have been in that same line of business since it launched 4 years ago! They never provided coaching or even constructive criticism. A I got was scolding and public shaming (in chats, in leadership meetings ect) they have a culture of whomever sucks up the most gets ahead and if you actually have skills they get worried you will raise the bar and look for a way to either get rid of you or stifle you in some way. All this company did for me is make me re evaluate what is important to me and working for people who have no leadership skills and only care about where they benefit without any regards to who they have to step on is definitely not the environment I want to be in.
Pros
Cons
Everything including the coffee
Mckesson Work
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE, RECEIVING DEPARTMENT (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJApril 17, 2019
A big strong company with an imbedded culture. The size may leave the individual feeling small and overlooked. Fast paced daily work. Production is paramount. Management competence varies per person. Overall a job for people ready to work hard if in the warehousing division of the company. Health insurance, dental, 401k,
Pros
Health, 401k
Cons
demanding production, management issues
love it here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 16, 2019
great workplace i love it i really enjoy the people and the atmosphere. great learning experience when it comes to healthcare and learning different products.
Typical day at mckesson
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 15, 2019
At McKesson the culture is horrible. I got harassed by my old supervisor and me and a few other people including one of my newer team supervisors and we went to HR because he witnessed the harrassment. Nothing was ever done, there was never any consequences for this supervisor because they where to lazy to train someone else. THERE IS RACISM AND ALL.
Great benefits
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 11, 2019
Constant change. Career coaching stops after you make Supervisor. Nothing other than online classes from there. Be ready to be thrown into the fire with little support or training.
Pros
Great benefits, great culture, work environment
Cons
too much major change with little to no support.
It's McKesson or Family - you can't have both
Outbound Lead in the LUM Department (Former Employee) –  Clearbrook, VAApril 11, 2019
I worked approximately 8 months as a lead in the LUM Department. Management is absolutely disconnected from the daily associate issues. Harassment brought to their attention did nothing but continue to exist. As a lead, you were expected to stay until the work was done, regardless of hours (worked 14 hours a day at times). However, if you were a favorite of management, you could stop at 12 hours (as a lead) and go home. All others were expected to see it through to the end. The culture was cut throat daily. The associates were so bitter because of the strenuous work hours that no family time was possible. Working at McKesson you had a decision to make - work at McKesson and lose your family or quit McKesson and save your family life. Sad but true.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
work environment, poor management
Great Company
Product Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 11, 2019
McKesson offers great training opportunities for leaders. Great benefits and career growth opportunities. The culture was inclusive and employee focused, as well as customer focuses.
Most enjoyable part of working at this company
Vice President (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 5, 2019
Smart, dedicated employees who believe in the mission of advancing patient care. Employee resource groups create culture of respect for diversity and networking.
Decent place to work with an average culture
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2019
My opinion of McK is skewed because I worked for PSS for 15 years prior to McK acquisition. It was a culture shock to say the least and I didn't feel valued as a former PSS EE. The position I had was taken from me and I was handed 'marching orders' in a totally different field with which I had zero experience. The program I was expected to 'fix' was a mess and I didn't feel I received the support needed to be successful.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
do or die
good place
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 3, 2019
Great time while employed at this company. Great CEO and benefits. Great co-workers, management, potlucks, and many other fun activities that went along with the position.
Pros
Deli
Cons
Late shift
Not a bad place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 2, 2019
I really enjoyed my time employed here. I loved how involved with the community they were. Management also cared about the employees and the needs of everyone that worked there.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Unionized
Working at McKesson was like working on a Viking ship!
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 1, 2019
Row! Row!
Managers and supervisors were so-so when working what they call the ‘Bizzard’ season was like working for a crazy 😜 operations manager yelling at you every day. Blaming us that he wasn’t getting enough sleep for all the pressure he was getting from upper-management. Always being told you can become an employee if you bang out as many cases as you can in a day. This creates a very competitive work environment where some employees find loopholes to get their numbers up. You watch them advance over others who actually do the job right. If you have audacity to point this out CHOP! You get a call that your assignment has ended. Worst culture I’ve ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
Pros
Very nice cafeteria
Cons
Crack-the-whip management style.
Good
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 31, 2019
Worked as web developer and the work environment,culture was quite good. Opportunities were equal and I had a very good chance to learn work and the management was good
Fun people to work with
Senior Warehouse Receiving Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 30, 2019
At times it could be very difficult to advance in the company. Some days are very laid back others can be stressful due to the high turnover, culture is changing constantly.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor work life balance
Postivoe productive environment
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 28, 2019
Great place with great people. Great training, one on one if needed. Laid back, I would highly recommend to college students as it is only a contracted position.
Pros
Positivity
Cons
contract only
decent work place
Helpdesk/Desktop Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2019
the typical day at McKesson in the department that I work in would include assisting pharmacies with the purchased software provided by McKesson. I have learned the full pharmacy prescription processing methods and product maintenance. Management in my particular department is subpar however as a company as a whole the overall management is fairly good. The workplace culture is great and the only difficulty I have encountered is dealing with immediate management.
Pros
great overall culture in the company
Cons
n/a
bad onboarding
REIMBURSEMENT OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 12, 2019
sink or swim environment, bad on boarding, bad training, dont like culture of negativism. Its all in who you know not your quality of work. regret working here
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
too many meetings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.4K
31.1K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight