McKesson Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 27, 2018
McKesson was a great company to work for. Flexible hours and good benefits. The pay was very competitive and there was good opportunity for advancement.
management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 26, 2018
it was stressful everyday that i went to work managers shows favoritism to all white employees it was no incentive pay no 401k matches corporate office works with the managers an its no union
Co-Workers in local office like second family.
Sr Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IA 52003March 25, 2018
Stressful place to work. Fast paced. Worked after hours and weekend on-call, no work family balance. Layoff at least once a year, Co-Workers were nice and fun to work with,
Pros
Free Soda
Cons
No job security
Good learning environment but not long term employment
Senior Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 25, 2018
I learned a lot but with the poor management and cut-throat environment, the politics become too painful to stay long. There is significant favoritism to the detriment of all.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Politics
Interesting and challenging technical environment
Senior TSQL, SSRS, SSIS developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2018
Mature organization accustomed to working with contract technical help. Relatively large transactional and data warehousing Sql Server environments, with SSIS, TSQL,and SSRS reporting components.
Mckesson is an amazing company to work for
Retail National Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2018
The company and corporation as a whole is amazing! The office in Ft Worth and Carrollton are very hard to advance in because of favoritism an nepotism
Pros
benefits paid days off and easy work
Cons
not being the family or best friend of someone in managment
Very busy and stressful workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ 85251March 23, 2018
Call center for inbound calls of approximately 100+ per day for eight hours a day Monday thru Friday. I compared the stress to that of working in an emergency room. However, it provided me with additional customer service skills and experience. I love to learn new computer programs and skills. I believe that is how a person grows.
Ugh
Temp (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 23, 2018
The company's management team does not have great ethics unless you were employed by McKesson and not contracted through a staffing company (even then it was sketchy). They take way too long to decide whether or not they want to hire you on permanently (meaning not your standard 90 day...try 11 months of run around! Working your butt off to prove that you actually wanted to work there only to be kicked in the teeth).
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks
McKesson Review
Implementation Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMarch 22, 2018
McKesson was a nice place to work, hired great people and the culture was great. The best part was the work life balance and encouraging people to be active in the community. McKesson provided great benefits and discounts.
Pros
Worklife Culture
Cons
Leadership Direction
Needs work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2018
Great company, Management needs work. Overall, a great company with great growth potential. Leaving due to relocation to different part of the state and up coming marriage.
Fast paced environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 21, 2018
The environment was a fast paced production environment. You often had to count and package shipments of 100 or more items in less than 10 minutes time. In addition, the shift end time varied. We were required to stay until the orders were completed and since they varied, our time to leave varied. This was difficult for those who had family or other commitments outside of work.
Pros
Discounts at local stores, gyms, etc.
Cons
short breaks, work based on job orders, so lost some jobs when we didn't have enough orders
Great company with a knack for selecting the wrong people to lead.
Scottsdale - Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 21, 2018
The work life, the job itself, the day-to-day is just fine, no worse than any other call center. The people I work for and the folks they report to are either totally incompetent or were put into positions they could not handle. If you ask any three members of "Leadership" a question, you are guaranteed to get three different answers, maybe four...
Cons
Health Insurance that just meets ACA requiremtns (don't get sick!)
Collaborative environment, limited new product development
Director, Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 21, 2018
Great people to work with. Not a lot of new product development. Most of the work is supporting and maintaining existing products for existing customer base; not much market share growth.
Pros
The work is not very difficult or complex; maintenance & support type of software work
Cons
Tight inter-circles of long-time employees who favor those in the inner-circle
Good Company
Director Product Management (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 21, 2018
Great place to work and be involved with Healthcare Analytics.
Company cares about their employees
Great Benefits and work life balance
Managers understand work life balance
Production type job
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cary NCMarch 20, 2018
McKesson through RemX paid very well and was a pleasure to work for. The supervisory staff was awesome and thought the job was short term I would work there again.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No job security
Productive but stressful environment
GENERAL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Macomb County, MIMarch 20, 2018
It was just a Summer job for me, but it was an adult type job with myself being the youngest employee during the time I was there. Extremely stressful because of poor management that would often lead to me getting in trouble by a higher up for doing something my team manager told us was okay to do.
In other departments with better managers, I'm sure it was better.
Productive and fun place to work at fortune 500 company
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMarch 20, 2018
typical work day was 8-4pm. The company was always making sure that their employees got trained. Management was the typical corporate vibe. Workplace culture was pretty good they did a lot to keep moral up. Hardest part of the job was working nights.
Pros
Fortune 500 company, Plenty of training, Multiple Locations across the US
Cons
Alot of Corporate Politics.
job would differ depending on the work day
AR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 20, 2018
task would differ from day to day I wasnt able to really use all of my skills and experience which was disappointing the pay was on the very low end of what it should be management could use a over haul
mckesson is a great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 20, 2018
mckesson is a great company to work for i wish i didnt have to move back to california, my bosses were awesome, i enjoyed the health plans and also all the fun activities we had very good experience working with mckesson
Pros
health insurance
Cons
compliance and QA
It was ok
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 19, 2018
Management makes the environment feel like you are working at a car sales lot. Very results based. The permanent employees like to remind you that you are a temp.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.

41K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

66out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McKesson.