McKesson Employee Reviews

Found 3,842 reviews matching the search See all 4,317 reviews
Good job
Accounts Receivable Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Responsible for managing aging reports/portfolio(s) to identify delinquent and initiate appropriate collection activity.
• Make and receive calls in a call center environment with a primary focus on outbound calls while maintaining department standards.
• Escalated accounts to management for loss mitigation and/or legal.
• Administer credit hold process to regulate and/or restrict shipment of product to accounts based on payment performance.
• Prepared weekly aging reviews.
Great work culture, great training, great compensation/benefits
Senior IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 17, 2019
McKesson really gets it when it comes to work-life balance, fostering a great work culture and encouraging promotion from within.

Training - they provide great training and a mentor after training to ensure you can appropriately apply what you learned to the work at hand. If you need additional help, the great work culture encourages others on your team to help you with questions you may have. They invest in you knowing it will pay off.

Compensation/Benefits - They compensate inline with other companies and are very competitive in salary. Benefits are great and exceed many companies.

All these great things being said, it can be stressful at times onboarding. It is more information than one is able to absorb initially which is why you are partnered with a mentor to ensure questions are answered around work effort, internal processes, and efficiency recommendations.
Pros
Great mentors, work culture, training, compensation, benefits
Cons
frequent travel, stressful on-boarding
fast paced
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJanuary 17, 2019
It was a hard job but rewarding. The pay and benefits were good. I worked in a union warehouse and I believe the benefits we received were thanks to a good contract
Great Company!
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 16, 2019
McKesson is a great company to work for! They are a proven company and are always growing. As management there I was able to lead a great team! McKesson all the way!
Good place to work.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoy working at McKesson, once I got put on another program, I feel more like an outsider. It's a nice place to work, but I'm contract, so, no benefits. Everyone keeps telling me it'll take about a year and a half to get hired on. I've been with them for about 7 months now.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
No advancement to FTE
overall challenging and rewarding job
Sr. Executive Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 16, 2019
I worked with over 100 hospital executives in my time at McKesson and was able to impact nursing practice in a positive and efficient manner. I felt valued as a clinical expert by my team and co workers and felt they rewarded us favorably.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
job security
Productive also fun envoirment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Great company and employee's. They are very team oriented the head boss come out every morning walks the floor an speaks to everyone. The managers are the best!
Great work enviorment, awesome benefits and unlimited oppurtunity for growth and advancements,
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2019
This company thrives on costumer satisfaction and is overall an incredible company to work for. McKesson has outstanding benefits to offer. Great work environment and just a wonderful and also beautiful, state of the art facility to work in. Never a boring day at McKesson, this is a place of operation that takes pride in making sure they meet and conquer all goals and challenges through out any normal work day to ensure that customers are satisfied and all expectations are meet.

Every position at McKesson is very important to the daily operation. from line picking to the end process of loading and shipping the product. Each process is handled with care as if the company was dealing first hand with the patient, because of the importance of the packages McKesson handles every job as if some one's life is on the line.

Overall McKesson is a wonderful Place of employment. If you love helping people and making a difference this is the place for you. With all the benefits it has to offer and also room for development and growth this is the perfect job for supporting a you and your family.
Pros
Great Benifits and Salary
Cons
Long Hours, overtime regularly
Fun and fair place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 15, 2019
McKesson was one of the best places that I have ever worked. It was unfortunate that the contact ended. I look for nursing jobs on a monthly basis. I hope to find a job with McKesson again or a company similar
productive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 14, 2019
They are a good company to work at and they help you succeed. They have a lot of different departments within the same company and since it is just contractor, they send you to different departments a lot
productive nice place to work
PICKER (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 14, 2019
good people the management was great i did PICKER
Receiving
Forklift Operator ( Pallet Jack ,Stand Up, + Cherry Picker )
Accomplishments: I was a Loader for 3 years wrapping and loading skids into trailers and staging pallets in assigned locations. As a loader I also gain some picking and packing experience moving on to become a full time picker . As a picker I gain the ability to work at a fast pace performing one or more warehouse functions while meeting established productivity and accuracy standards.
Helping the Lead and or Supervisor in areas of confirming orders World Shipping + UPS + FEDEX Labeling
My Review
Reimbursement Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 13, 2019
A typical work at McKesson is working to make sure the patients have the medication that is needed. That is the number one goals at the end of the day. Management is always their to help and support there team members.
Pros
Temporary positions
Cons
Great leadership
Horrible Management and Communication
Former Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAJanuary 13, 2019
When I first started at McKesson I loved everything about it and tried to refer many of friends. Then the longer I was there I realized they will not accept anybody you refer because they don't want to pay you the referral bonus or just because they don't like you enough as a person. There is no chance for advancement in the Middletown location unless you are a person who constantly tells on people all day long, that is the only way you would even have a chance to become a lead. Management is horrible, every Warehouse I've ever worked at the DC manager would try to show his face whenever possible even if it was just to come out walk around and say hi or pack a box and have a conversation with the line workers. At McKesson you don't get that the manager sits in his office all day long the only time you see him is when he's threatening your job eating the free food in the break room or smoking a cigarette out in his car. Employees have asked him several times to start showing his face more and showing he cares what we have to say, every time he would say he was going to cut his work down so he would have a chance to step out of his office and see us and then another couple months will go by, getting nowhere. Their equipment is some of the crappiest equipment I've ever had the privilege of driving on they spend more money on the mechanics that come in and fix it every day than what it would actually cost to get a new or gently-used machine. In 2018 we were the number one DC of the year. Do you know what we were rewarded? Hot dogs and a t-shirt. Yeah this really makes me want to  more... work even harder for next year. They don't follow their own policies they do whatever they want, so if you get in trouble for something make sure you break out the handbook. When they know company is coming they work you like a slave to make sure everything is perfect for when they come in, knowing the warehouse was not that perfect before hand, there's empty boxes all in the racks Gaylord's filled to the brim and of course there are no cones at the fire extinguishers. By this point if you don't already feel helpless at your job now it's time for them to sit you in the break room and tell you that they are relocating to Bethlehem PA in September of 2019. So for all of you filling out applications, they are failing to tell people you will not have a job in a few months, so if you're fine with working a few more months and then having to find a new job all over again, than go right ahead. If you work on the 11 to 7:30 shift that doesn't mean you're going to get out at 7:30 they keep you until the work's done. But more than likely you leave at 7 and lose a half hour of work everyday. In the beginning you get a lot of pay raises but it seems that your paycheck never budges because of all the getting out early. You could have a little overtime Monday Tuesday and Wednesday but by Thursday and Friday you're losing some of that overtime and getting out at 7.  less
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
management, favoritism, Relocating
Job security
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 13, 2019
McKesson is a great place to work and if I could go back I would in a heart beat. I resigned with given the team a 3 week notice and trained someone for my job position. Been trying to go back but they are doing things different.
Pros
Activities and Patient Care
Cons
The interviews are not being more extensively.
Too big to care
Credit Manager/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 12, 2019
I was with McKesson for 6 years. They bought the company I was with previously. In short McKesson is a bureaucratic, red tape, right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, too many departments, too many substandard supervisors, too big to care nightmare. After they bought our company they promised the stars, and kept us around only to build the gigantic, bloated, inefficient gun with which they would eventually execute us with. After 3 "restructurings" so far they have let go hundreds of employees that were with my previous company, because they were too well paid and too knowledgeable. McKesson cares too much about being on the top 10 lists for social causes rather than having an efficiently run department with knowledgeable and competent people. They hire firstly on the grounds of how you will make them look rather than how competent you are. They will keep inept, lazy, toxic people around for too long because they are trying to fill a social quota. Rather than having a high performing, efficient, department with great culture. They know NOTHING of lean principles.
Stay far away from this company.
Pros
ok pay, work balance
Cons
too big to care about employees or customers.
Mckesson Review
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2019
Mckesson is an overall great company to work for. My only issues were that management wasn't very good and you had to be a favorite for most of the things you wanted. It has light months and heavy months which most warehouses have. The hardest part of my job was keeping up to par on everything they watch you for. The most enjoyable part is that they have teams and have fun events for the associates.
benefits
Cons
overtime late notice
Forklift Driver
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2019
The typical day at work is very standard. I further improve my forklift skills. The management are nice. The couture is very diverse. All in all it's a good starting job.
Cons
no over time pay
McKesson
Field Based Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 12, 2019
I worked from home, had a great boss and worked with wonderful RN's from Florida and Colorado. It was a fast paced organization, but they trained us well and my boss was always receptive.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Huge area to cover with 150 referrals per month.
A good place to work
Director of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 12, 2019
McKesson is an old and large company in a profitable business. It would be a good place to retire IF the business model can sustain. Nice people. Good benefit. Lots of politics. Poor onboard training.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Changes slowly
No games were there .
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 10, 2019
McKesson was a great place to work .I worked 10 hours four days a week and sometimes 8 hours on Fridays. I learned how to work as a team .It was well managed and we had a understanding how important our role was. Having acknowledge of the operation of each machine . We were like a family there ,we have watch children being born to them going to school. We had great benefits , we had sick days and paid time off. The job wasn't hard at all, but like many places you have some that would disagree. It was enjoyable when we had our yearly parties. Just being able to sit down and talk about our family and other things. We were able to stay a year after they told everyone the company would be relocating to Memphis. We still had responsibilities to do our job with quality and performance as we always did.
Pros
We did get free lunches and extra time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.3K
31K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McKesson.

Powered by Comparably