McKesson Employee Reviews

51K
41.1K
Found 3,374 reviews matching the search See all 3,602 reviews
Great Upper Management
Toujeo Diabetes Coach Guide - Sanofi Aventis (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 15, 2018
The upper management did a great job at keeping our team motivated. We were moved to an uncomfortable work environment but they helped keep everyone on target and on task by providing food and fun for all of us.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
No windows
Not bad
Human Resource Associate (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 15, 2018
Temp Employee - It is a great company over all but some of the salaries are very low in HR. HR does a lot but can make less than warehouse employees.
Pros
Great people to work with, good amount of time off.
Cons
In order go go beyond HRA to HRBP you may need to travel a lot or move a lot.
Positive environment
Data Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at this company and felt it was a positive experience. The leadership was open to change, and they were good about encouraging professional growth.
Good Company Overall
Bilingual Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
A nice place to work and good co workers. This was a contract position, I was only there for like 3 months so really can't say too much. My typical day consisted of talking with patients regarding their balance and co pays etc. Had to do some basic math relating to insurance but was not difficult to do. Overall the company is good and good co workers.I would definitely work there again had no complaints.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Traffic to and from
Multi Culture fast pace working
Customer Service Phones/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 14, 2018
Need to learn quick. They train you but in big classes wish could have gotten a little more out of it but overall a good place to work nice people. Love the open area. But customer service any day can be a good or bad day.
Pros
lunch was good, people
Cons
food expensive, far to travel from home
Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 14, 2018
McKesson values his employees and have advancement opportunities. I learned a lot while working with McKesson and enjoyed peer to peer training. I enjoyed working with McKeson and would recommend them to anyone.
Great Space
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJAugust 14, 2018
Mckesson was a really good environment to be in, because you are able to grow as an individual and also be able to take the opportunities that comes your way so that you may grow in the company on a leadership basis.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
being held to work over 8 hours
It's a great place to work
Product Support Analyst Tier ll (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 14, 2018
It's a great place to work.
work Culture is different

The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference and helping customer succeed.

I haven't learned much from the company.
Great Company But Lots of Politics
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 13, 2018
Great company but to move up you must be in the "in crowd". Awards are not based on merit as much as how much your boss wants to see you receive an award.
Pros
Exciting Job
Cons
Politics
Productive and Active Job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 13, 2018
This job was a very active one. As an order filler (Material Handler), it required a lot of walking back and forth, using an rf unit to scan locations and pick required amounts of items and place in apron before dumping contents into a tote and moving to the next tote.
When I worked there, we went through periods of working a lot of overtime and not having much time to do anything else, and then times (especially at the end) where we barely had enough work to make it through an 8 hour shift. I enjoyed most of the team members, and the management was okay. But in the end the Rocky Hill location shut down. So while the company itself is usually considered stable, with pretty good advancement opportunities, I gave it a low score because of the location I worked in shutting down.
The location I worked was part of a union, and because of that we had great pay and benefits. But without a union I am not sure if they would be as generous.
Pros
Great pay and healthcare, provided with meals and fun little trips a few times a year
Cons
Periods of time with heavy workload, and then the warehouse shut down
lacks structure for sure!
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 13, 2018
Lacks structure and there is next to no training on how best to do your job. NO product training at all. They sit you in a chair and tell you to do your best essentially.
Mckesson is a good company to work for
Reciever/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 13, 2018
Big break room monthly, meeting and updates, comfortable to work with AC feed everybody food monthly and yearly family picnic and Christmas party good company.
pretty ok place to work
FORK LIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 13, 2018
a typical day at work would be stress free, place culture is nice management need a little improvement the hardest part of the job must likely would be getting the proper tool to perform your job@ the most enjoyable part would be getting off.
Pros
nice lunch break.
Cons
short breaks
Wrong Location
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 12, 2018
This place would be alright if managment would just let the employees perform their daily task without interupting. The ops manager needs things done his way and his way only! There is very little room for growth at this location. If you are not a part of the club of people that likes to run and tell, you will not have a fair chacne!
Caters to millennials
Senior Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 10, 2018
It’s an okay place to work. Management never gets better. Benefits are probably make the stressful and complicated work environment, worth it. There are a ton of management changes and process changes happen entirely too much.
Stressfull
Shipping Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJAugust 10, 2018
McKesson was great job depending upon who became the next warehouse manager. They went through a lot of managers when I worked there. And every manager had a different agenda which caused a lot of confusion the night shift and the day shift activities had to run smoothly in order for all the freight to make it out the door the next day but it didn’t always work out that way
loved my job
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Collections (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 10, 2018
I had to leave for personal reason would go back in a heart beat. no openings right now. People are a great team to work with. work independently but always help when you need it.
Pros
flex time
Java Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 10, 2018
It was a good place to work. They have gotten out of software business, so I was laid off with decent package when company decided the department revenue was not meeting target. The rest of the team were off shored later with not so good packages.
Pros
Working with lots of knowledgeable people.
Cons
Levels of management.
McKesson is a good company to work for and does provide opportunities.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNAugust 9, 2018
I have been with McKesson for 24 years and worked on many projects from new development projects to maintaining legacy applications. The software development division uses the Agile method for developing software.
Pros
Flexible with working from home when necessary.
Family oriented work place
Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Delran NJAugust 9, 2018
Great people. Great work environment. Good work life balance. Management fed the team atleast once a month. Work load was easy just a lot of walking which helped get the teammates in shape.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

31%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

46%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss