McKesson Employee Reviews

Found 3,640 reviews matching the search See all 3,883 reviews
material handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  kansas cityOctober 21, 2018
good place to work. no set time to get off but good place and good pay. good incentives. lunch provided when we stayed past 9 hours. goid management. company raffles and drawings
Good Stable Company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 20, 2018
Overall McKesson is a good stable company that has been around for over 160 years. Experience is drastically different depending on the department/location you work in. Overall a great company and good culture.
Pros
Stability, solid company
Cons
Too many meetings, no accountability, resistant to change
Great Company
Director, Event Marketing & Group Travel (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2018
Solid company with great financials. Good people, good industry, the best at what they do. Still a large corporation, so decisions are made slowly, but overall very happy with the company as a whole.
Do not work here as a contracted employee
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2018
As a contracted employee, they can cut your position at any time for any reason with no recourse. There is no job stability here. The hiring manager was wonderful, but the subsequent manager provided no support or guidance and as previously stated, if a manager does not like you for any reason, you're gone.
McKesson was a good place to work
Product Advisor / Support Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Superior, COOctober 18, 2018
They made some bad choices about 10 years ago and the primary clinical application went kaput. A good company to work for. Worked with a lot of intelligent people there.
Quick pace enviroment
DATA ENTRY OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 18, 2018
McKesson is fast pace job. Hardly room for any error however if you do your job well, then you have nothing to worry about. The raises were low but the flex schedule were great. If you were running a few minutes behind, as long as you put in your 8 hr shift, you were good.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
very fast pace
Big corporate culture
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 17, 2018
Corporate Culture. Huge company with many employees. The company always has lay offs. They buy and downsize business units that don't fit the short term goal of revenues.
Great
Consulting Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 17, 2018
Great experience, Good People, Great Site, Great Management, Great location, Great Food, Great Product, Great Benefits, Great, Cubicles, Awesome management,
Former QA Analyst
Scrum Master/Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for McKesson, even during reorganizations. The writing was on the wall of the future state of IT, so I pursued other career options outside of the company, but overall, I felt it was a great starter job to get experience with a Fortune 500 and take that experience with me to negotiate better compensation elsewhere. Several people I worked with left McKesson to come back in another role simply to negotiate higher salaries which left a knowledge gap on the team/area they left. It's unfortunate that managers/leadership did not capitalize on the opportunity to dig deeper into the aspirations and dreams of their employees and find ways to help them achieve these goals. If they had, those working for them would have partnered by transferring knowledge and would likely not leave the company with a knowledge/person gap when they pursued those dreams/goals anyway.Like any large and older organization, the culture was well established and transformation needed to accommodate the needs/wants of up and coming talent was difficult. Old behaviors die hard. However, all that being said, there were perks that can not be found at all organizations, such as work from home, amazing co-workers, great benefits and paid time off. At the time I worked there, these things were more important to me.
Pros
work from home, work life balance, benefits, paid time off, amazing co-workers, energizing projects
Cons
outdated traditional culture of top-down behaviors, middle management squeeze, disjointed communication from strategy to delivery
Great place to help out during an employee's maternity leave. I'd love to join McKesson permanently.
SQL Server Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 16, 2018
Friendly, lively team environment with savvy management and strong technical support. I strengthened my SQL Server skills a lot by having the opportunity to join McKesson as a contractor.
Pros
Great location and employees feel trusted and respected
Customer service
Customer Service Rep. Duties (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 16, 2018
I have no review on the company at this time due to lay off. A day in the life inboud calls, email and edi order processing. Aweome supervisors and co workers.
Pros
Great group of people, benefits and managers.
Cons
Lay off
Good compensation but long hours.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 16, 2018
My position kept me working third shift at an average 9-10 hours shift. The pay was more than enough to justify the crazy hours however not allowing the time with my family that I desired.
Mckesson is a great company to work for, and the fact that I obtained my CPAR while employed with the company.
Patient Reimbursement Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 16, 2018
A typical work day consisted of logging into all systems and running accounts receivable/payable reports for all Client that were assigned per team. I learned time management and the ability to adapt to change. Management seemed overwhelmed at times, and not very approachable. The hardest part of the job is the month end when it was crunch time, and the team was short a percentage and it was a possibility that a particular team or Client may not reach revenue goal for the month. Work was interrupted abruptly and special projects were given with little to no instructions but expected to be completed by a short deadline. Reports were ran based on the size of the client and what code be done to increase revenue. It could be somewhat stressful. However, it would be an awesome feeling when the Clients reached the goal for the month. The enjoyable part of the job was the employees in our department were like an extended family and we all got along for the most part. Because we got along it made our jobs a little less stressful.
Pros
CPAR - reimbursed, Flex time was offered, Great benefits, Dress code was casual and we could wear jeans.
Cons
Low Salary, Advancement nearly impossible, Management not informative on what is going on with the company
One of the best places to work!
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAOctober 15, 2018
I loved working for this company. There was rarely any drama among co-workers. The atmosphere was light hearted and relaxed. The management was very understanding and flexible with schedules. Great pay and benefits!
Pros
Salary, Working conditions
McKesson helped me enhanced my sell skills.
POST-SHIP DOCUMENTATION REP/SALES (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 15, 2018
Outbound calls/Inbounds calls to verify insurances. In addition, we were required to increase sales for physicians documentation. Also, I was responsible for intervory, which required printing paper, computer ink, writing supplies, cleaning equipments, computers/ laptops, and etcs.
Pros
Great company.
Cons
Doesn't allow growth to move forward
Teamwork
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 15, 2018
My McKesson team was the best team I have been a member of. 1. The leader did a great job integrating new team member. 2. The team members were passionate about the job and delivering an excellent product.
Pros
The people
Cons
Need to relocate for advancement
Not a good place to work
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Robinsville, NJOctober 14, 2018
Stressful and poor management. Bad work life relationship. Didn't care about workers. Would change rules to fit whatever management wanted. Union did nothing for us workers. Definitely would not recommend this location to anyone.
All about the stock price
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 14, 2018
Poor decisions and execution lead to demise of a strong product that needed some work. Instead of putting in some effort to eliminate bugs in the software, the company choose to go another direction (see cheaper windows based product) and 3 years later that section of the company no longer exists.
ok place to work
EDI Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 12, 2018
Hey it's a job. All come with their own set of issues. The work from home was great. If you luck up and get a great supervisor it is even better. Some positions even let you work from home all week.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Some of the management
Fast paced and ever changing place to work
Lead Patient Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986October 12, 2018
During my time at McKessson/Change Healthcare I learned and completed the following:
Quality audits
Reporting
Team Lead for a group of 30-40 individuals
Ensured agents made improvements on a weekly basis
Training on new items on a weekly basis
Assisted with different phases of training
Kept track of adherence and attendance for team
Coaching on any areas of opportunities created excel sheet to track the progress of the team
Created memos/desk to desks
Customer service in a high call volume patient access center to assist with any registration needs, new and established patient scheduling and procedure scheduling for multiple specialties in the medical field for more than 2,500 physician
Pros
Fast paced and always c]something new to learn to grow as an individual
Cons
could be unorganized at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

31%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

70%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss