McKesson Employee Reviews

Temp Joe
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 22, 2018
I learned a lot at McKesson and would have loved to continue my career there but my temp job didn't move to permanent. Good environment. I needed a better manager but good company.
Not a Stable work envoriment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCJanuary 22, 2018
Most of the work has been sent overseas, and the people left that know their jobs are overworked. This is not very stable work environment for the employees.
Inside Sales Manager
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Poor management
no career development
crazy managers
nepotisim
discrimination

I would not recommend working here
I would not suggest others work here
benefits are expensive
Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 22, 2018
benefits are expensive for a large health care company. Most mangers are good to work for but unless you in the right crowd it is hard to advance in certain groups.
Things have changed considerably
arbitration liaison / Team leader (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 22, 2018
Nearing age 62, its time to take my talents and work somewhere less stressful and to enjoy the fruits of my knowledge and work experience. Where I work currently no longer works for me, no advancement, no money, no respect.
Mckesson
Product Support Analyst - Level II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2018
This a great place to work. Many growth opportunities, solid and stable company. Excellent benefits.They offer a good work life balance, flexibility and they care about their employees.
Pros
fexible work schedules, great work life balance, benefits and growth opportunities
Cons
ending remote working options in some Business units
I did not enjoy it
Richmond Va, Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 21, 2018
McKesson was not open to new ideas, McKesson did not reward good performance and rewarded poor performance. They kept folks that did the job very slowly.
Productive and Fast Paced
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 20, 2018
A typical day at McKesson for what I can remember was very fast paced, I learned that I would have to step my skills up just to keep up with the work load; the workplace culture was very helpful and friendly; the hardest part of the job was just trying to keep up, I really enjoyed speaking to different people and the encouragement each co-worker had for one another.
Pros
long break times
Cons
some people wont explain the work
Fast-paced, Research Not a Priority to Company as a Whole
Regulatory Affairs Specilist II (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Projects and opportunity for growth lacking for the CRO; SMO focuses on SSU and lack in maintenance. SMO prioritizes number of studies opened in Network over patient enrollment and data quality.
Medical Biller
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WashingtonJanuary 20, 2018
Worked as a medical biller within the organization. Worked medicaid
Customer Service reducing the A/R Collection. I love a team atnosphere and this was not about a team. It was the first thing I could get into because I moved down from Kirkland Washington
Pros
Variety of work duties
Cons
Managers were not around
As a Temp felt very out of place, too many clicks
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJanuary 19, 2018
Had to ask everyday what they wanted me to do for the day. No structure. Was given no direction, spent more time sitting watching videos and town hall meetings than working.
Very stressful, "who you know" culture
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 19, 2018
McKesson has a history of allowing management to mistreat their employees. Working for them was the most stressful job because of management. Harassment levels high and no in house recourse. They don't protect or care much for their employees. The abuse I endured there was horrible. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Labor/Driver (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 18, 2018
Recommended to anyone who is looking for a 8 hour shift or more. Management can be a bit better at communication. they have great benefits for their employees.
Fast growing assortment of healthcare-related businesses
Director, Accounting (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Rapid paced environment with various autonomous business units primarily in north America. Good people but sometimes difficult to collaborate across businesses and personalities.
Pros
cultural aspirations
Cons
competitive pressures on costs
alright place to work for those interested in that field
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAJanuary 18, 2018
It was a very physically grueling place to work. The conditions were a bit depressing as well. Never saw natural sunlight. Very strict about certain things as well.
Excellent Atmoshphere
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJanuary 17, 2018
Great co-workers and exceptional management. The office environment was relaxed and comfortable to work in. And the workload was very manageable and understanding.
Pros
Was able to wear jeans
Cons
Pay was a little low
Great peers to work with.
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Aside from whom I met at the company, I did not enjoy working there. Management made promises that were not kept. A lot of two-faced people working in the call-center environment. Issues in the workplace, but nothing done about it. Everything, even bathroom breaks, were timed. Employees written up for practically everything and treated like bad children.
Pros
Cons
Treated unfairly.
There are a lot of different divisions at McKesson, I was in one that wasn't doing so well financially
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 17, 2018
Worked in a medical billing office. Learned a LOT about medical billing. Hardest part of the job was usually management, some good, and some a real pain. Oh, and the constant turnover, people would get a job, get trained, and then leave for better paying jobs elsewhere. The most enjoyable part of the job was the actual work, sometimes frustrating, but being able to do lots of different things, and completing the billing cycle and getting bills paid was very rewarding. The local office was closed, the remaining clients divided between other billing offices, and 30 people were laid off.
Pros
Very generous PTO, and lots of benefits. Lots of opportunities to move around in the company.
Cons
Some managers were good, others were not. Pay was not great.
Expierence
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 17, 2018
This was a great company to work for like most companies there are various of areas through out management training etc that can be worked on to improve the experience. Also if they are able to hire temp agents sooner than 90 days that would be a plus on the company will not have a high turn over.
Not a bad place to work
New employee Trainer (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAJanuary 16, 2018
Working for mckesson is not bad at all at the time I was working there. There was a few thing that I will say is that the time that I was working there the managers are the problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKesson. Our community is ready to answer.