McKibbon Hospitality Employee Reviews

Better hotels to work for
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC Aloft HotelOctober 4, 2018
Aloft Greenville Downtown is not a friendly work environment. The turnover rate is extremely high and employees will stab you in the back to save their own skins. Bartenders steal and drink on the job giving away product to their friends. Food and Beverage Director was notified of issues including prostitution and she told employee to mind their own business and continued to turn a blind eye to all concerns raised. I was forced to resign due to employees lack of responsibility and inability to do their jobs including lies told to management about an incident that happened prior to my hiring.
Pros
Dog program
Cons
See review
Terrible Place to Work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 5, 2018
Constant lies, paycheck always wrong, broken promises, promotion to fire in 90 days, management cheats on hotel surveys to achieve higher rankings so management can get higher bonus. Supervisors lie to guest. All management cares about is MONEY. If you think about working here, record conversations and get things in writing. Also, had complaints about not being diverse causing the hotel to go into an affirmative action hiring spree. After months of employment associates still clueless due to lack of training. People do t last long if not ‘in the click’. Only “good” thing about the hotel is how they keep everyone under a microscope and create a hostile work environment, favoritism, not being accountable, constantly lies, no communication and screwing people over. Like one a lawsuit just waiting to happen.
Pros
Make a difference with the dog adoption program
Cons
See Review
Garbage operation
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLDecember 17, 2018
They are like locusts. They came into a successful operation and fired everyone and replaced them with incompetent people who will work for less. Gutted basic services. Fake, fake, fake. They will cut your throat for a dollar. The most miserable, working experience I've ever had.
Pros
Cons
Cheap, fake, incompetent
Fake company beliefs
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 15, 2018
McKibbon hospitality is by far one of the worst management company I’ve ever worked for. They’re unprofessional, unreliable and their “values” are not true. When it comes to bettering and helping employees they would rather place you on a 30 day improvement plan to then fire you. & during your 30 days they don’t even help you. They just let you fail. It’s sad. They come in hype you about how much potential you have then throw you away. I’ve worked for other companies where they help you and try and find a good fit for you where they know you’ll be successful but this one is not like that AT ALL!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of management, Training & Values.
Not a fun place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 19, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They over work you 3 days out of the week and then make you get off the clock the rest of the days to prevent paying overtime. Also the management is not friendly and make you feel your job is not secure.
Pros
Cons
no proper break areas
Great place to build a career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2017
McKibbon is a great company to work for, if you like to work with people and are someone looking to grow your career with effort and dedication. Someone who is simply looking for a "job" and to do the bare minimum won't fit into this culture. They run great hotels that are focused on the guest experience and having their associates do whatever they need to do to help that experience. Can't be someone who likes to say "Not My Job"... you know who you are.

If you are someone who is willing to get in and learn as much as you can and get involved where ever you can to help, then you will have a bright future with McKibbon. They want to grow people internally, have seen so many people start as hourly, HSKP or FD and grow to Management positions because they worked hard and got involved.

If you are looking for more than just a job, and are willing to work hard to get there, this is the company for you. Look, the President of this company started as a Houseperson in HSKP, its the foundation of how this company has grown.
Pros
Family Environment, Growth, Learn a lot, Service focused, great benefits
Cons
Hard Work, Lots of responsiblitiy
McKibbon Hospitality is an amazing company!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 3, 2018
One of the best companies I've worked for, truly a family! Everyone is very professional and passionate about what they do starting with top management.
Great Bonus Plan, Otherwise Garbage
Operations Management (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 10, 2018
While there are good GMs working within McKibbon, some are the type who gladly throw anyone and everyone they see to the wolves to save themselves the moment corporate puts a magnifying glass over them.

Out of two regional managers, one was almost entirely absentee and the other was an extreme micromanager who did not seem to understand a one-size-fits-all approach does not work across brands and sizes. Labor costs are kept under control by understaffing hourly positions (most of whom are deliberately kept under 30 hours so that they don't have to pay for benefits) and overworking salaried positions.

All in all, if you see them coming for your hotel, run; while the bonus package is great, there's no consistency whatsoever. It's a mom and pop operation trying to be a large corporation and failing miserably at it.
Pros
generous bonus package
Cons
virtually everything else
ok place to work
Assistant Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 8, 2018
Good work environment; discounted rooms saved me a lot when traveling to see my son play ball; 401K pretty good just not much room for advancement.
Pros
discounts
Poor corporate management
GM Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2018
I was terminated because I was uncovering a lot of wrong doing during my tenor of 4 months My Regional didn’t want to look bad because it all happened under his nose and next thing I was fired on it’s just not working out.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Cut throat management
Weak pen pushing micro managent.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLOctober 28, 2017
Kiss a** to grow type of company, heavily micro managed, you can grow as long as you kiss a** and bend to their will and not to what the job description says, do not expect any motivational or recognitions from management, they help who they want or like, same goes towards terminations, very rigged and gossiping staff including HR and Corporate team. No matter what you do things will not change and management always get their way right or wrong making you feel helpless and discriminated at times, you're effort will be unnoticed and uncompensated, they always operate understaffed so you always end up doing more than what your job description says.

Its not a bad company as long as you're willing to be an a** kissing puppet.
Pros
Good benefits, ok pay, good health care, good quarterly and yearly bonus
Cons
Rigged and micro management, no sick pay, gossipers, labor squealers.
It has been 5 years
General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 15, 2018
I only worked for them for a short time 5 years ago. They were hired by Owners of the Hotel to Manage the property. They came in unprepared with no support system to put in place to get through the transition.
Pros
Cons
No support
Stay away
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2018
This hotel has terrible managers who complain about the company and CEO named bruce all the time. Does not make me want to stay here but go to another hotel company.
Nice
General Manager / Lead Sales General Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2018
I love this company. Amazing people. Our industry pretty much has the GM being an accountant now. Lots of reporting, prevents you from being able to interact with guests and employees.
Horrible Hotel Managment Company - Seek Other Opportunities
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 4, 2017
The only good thing about working here was the colleagues I worked with. Otherwise, management is terrible, they lie, they take advantage of you. I reported several issues, and corporate sent in two reps from HR... who essentially called me a liar to my face. They don't value people at all. I cannot say enough about how terrible McKibbon is. .
Pros
Colleagues.
Cons
Everything, Pay, No Benefits, No Breaks, No Rewcognition.
Poor Management
Director (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 11, 2017
Management is terrible. No proper training. If you do not fit in the click, they treat you wrong. Nothing you do is good enough. Never felt appreciated. Would not recommend to anyone. No work life balance. Worked 70+ hours a week
Pros
Good salary and bonus
Cons
No sick days, no training
Poor management
Sales coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 10, 2018
Very poor management on every level. Corporate is blind to what really goes on on-site. Discrimination and harassment on a daily basis. Hourly employment were not even given breaks.
Pros
Discounts
Fast paced
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2018
New sales environment and team
Competitive environment
fast paced change
revenue management
networking and client entertainment
food and beverage management
They overwork you!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 11, 2018
Low pay, managers always rush you to work more and make less because they’re always claiming that departments are over in hours, corporate people dont care about what happens in their hotels, all they care about is MONEY at least that’s what it seems. Some managers were ok but they always looked busy and stressed and others just didn’t know anything. Poor training, no labor, low pay and zero incentives for the hard working ones is why I quit. I left a decent hotel for this one too, big mistake! At least my last job gave me sick days. Don’t make the same mistake.
Pros
They offer health insurance
Cons
They overwork you, no incentives, no support!
Not worth it
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 8, 2018
Started of really good but it didn't last long. Management was awful. They act like they care about employees but don't. There was a lot of shady actions going on also. Probably one of the worse places I've worked since my first job ever.