McKibbon Hospitality
60Average

McKibbon Hospitality Employee Reviews

United States67 reviews
Given extra work, when you are due todo something else but when you get there you have to do your regular job and dont get to learn a new trade or position. the Management have favortismIt use to be a nice place to work but when you start things change . There is not a hard part of the job to me but I enjoy making the customers happy and attending to there needs. Ireally enjoy talking with them
Pros
having lunch being bought for us
Cons
working late sometimes, management dony care about you getting home
Best job I've ever had love the people I worked with it was like my second family I went in with no experience they took the time to train me hands on worked with me to become as close to a pro as I could be
I’m worked here for 6 months, and the people were always respectful, and friendly. They are flexible with schedules and I was happy to work for this company.
Housekeeper,laundry, and houseperson and great location and great people. positive vibes and good co-workers they always look for good expectations and for that they are like a family to others
I was forced to resign. Shortly afterward I was made aware that my former colleague had notified HR about various forms of harassment, a toxic work environment, etc. And she mentioned in her letter to HR that I was aware of the abuse. I was not part of the abuse, but aware of it and a victim of it myself. So, I was forced to resign or be fired. Rather than doing the right thing and getting rid of the toxic employee, they are getting rid of any witnesses. Absolutely horrible company.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Poor Management, poor communication, management lies, empty promises. Management lacks compassion for employees yet expect compassion for themselves. Do Not work for this company especially with management like they currently have.
They will sell it out from under you and with no notice although I did love working for em. I believe with the right gm things could be better. But that’s with any company in this industry I guess.
McKibbon Hospitality is the best company I have worked for by far. Every associate level is supported by the company (top to bottom). If you are looking for a rewarding career with a company that supports your efforts, this is the company to choose.
I’ve never worked for a company that is so in tune with what the employees need to be successful and enjoy what they do. Every single day we all laugh at work and enjoy almost every moment. That helps us to be better people and make the guests happier!
Like any other company - good and bad. Started out with great leadership in corporate. current president - great guy, but growing company, losing sight of what made them good - the employees.
The company and managers only care about looking good and could care less about their employees, The GMs and “managers” freak out when corporate visits and threaten you to fix everything in one day so they can show off a fake culture, They want the world from you in exchange of mediocre pay, they provide close to no training. Conservative views with discriminating ways! Don’t do it!
Terrible management, they are their own worse enemy. They gave me false information regarding my pay. They also wanted to keep certain people on even though those people were not doing their jobs.
This company is nice to work for. Not enough compensation for the tasks that are required. More than 40 hours a week to work and barely make enough money to live. Also, I was not given the proper compensation. Watch your pay checks!!!
Negotiate your salary up front, in the beginning, before being hired. Know your worth, and perform like it every day! Inquiry about advancement opportunities.
Very inclusive environment.
Team work is of great importance so they do their best to communicate with you and keep you in the loop of each department. Very kind environment.
The culture is wonderful. The corporate team is fantastic.I truly hope a new property will come to my area. 1st choice! Training is amazing and very in depth. I was promoted from within twice. Great team, great support, great benefits. If you get an opportunity PLEASE take it! You will not regret it. Mckibbon is a family.
Pros
Benefits, culture, promotions, Fun, Support, training, family atmosphere, corporate invests in your growth!
Cons
No Property in Orange Park, Fl. Truly NO cons if this is your passion.
General managers assistant general managers need more training and support from management company to compensate for any experience...................
Considering myself to be a good employee to any place that gives me a chance - I can confidently say that McKibbon Hospitality is one the most unorganized, least caring, locust-like companies on the planet.

Management to corporate don’t care about what you bring to the table unless it directly benefits them and even then you’re nothing.

What kind of hospitality company doesn’t perform background checks? I was pushed into a wall by a coworker and when I complained to HR they told me I was just as much to blame.

They hire people with rap sheets the length of your arm and don’t care when they y are told about anything detrimental on an employee to employee level.

Avoid.
Pros
Holiday Bonus
Cons
Everything But Holiday Bonus
This is the most unprofessional company I have ever worked for... the managers don’t care about the employees and they barely help you.. you are rushed to finish rooms and only get about 6 (if that) hours a day....the company is not well organized and they are very rude ppl and your tips get stolen .. I will never work there again.. left after 3 months
Pros
Cons
No hours, rude management, stolen tips
Worked there for a month and couldn't order parts, had 6 people micromanaging me, constantly told step it up, haven't had a day off in 14 days. Management have NO CLUE what they are doing. And even if you KNOW HOW TO DO THE JOB, IF YOU DON'T HAVE CERTIFICATIONS; YOU CAN'T GET THE CHIEF POSITION. They've gone through 6 CHIEF ENGINEERS in 1 year. It can't be the engineers at that point. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Cons
management
I will always recognize my time at Mckibbon as my beginning. Even though I interviewed 6x for a management position and didn't get any of them, I will still consider them as being the best. Hopefully, one day I could come back to work for them.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKibbon Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9