McKinley Employee Reviews

Worst Company, Please Stay Away!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2018
This company will reel you in with the pay and benefits, but please stay away!

This company was the biggest disappointment in my professional career. If you would like a work/life balance, time with your family, time for yourself, this is not the place for you. No matter how many changes they made through the years to re-organize themselves or to change their reputation, the company still runs their workers through fear. You will end up doing at least 3 positions, as the turnover rate is extremely high. You will be overworked; as a Community Manager, I worked over 70+ hours a week w/ absolutely no support. The higher ups in Michigan are completely clueless or pretend to be clueless to the kind of tyranny-based management that is taking place in Orlando. If you are looking for longevity with a company, Mckinley will never be that. The morale is extremely low, no matter which property. Everyone is on the verge of quitting, everyone is looking for a new job within 1-2 months. You will live in constant fear of losing your job. You will have to fight harder and perform better to KEEP your job. This company literally represents "The Hunger Games".
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
Everything else; there is nothing positive about the company.
Okay Place to work
CUSTOMER CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 6, 2018
The company is a pretty good company. Your management will vary from location to location. I was lucky to receive very great managers and team members. Pay is good for the job, no commission, but possible quarterly bonuses.

Hours are long.
Pros
Great culture, caring managment, good benifits, possibile to move up
Cons
Long hours, mandatory overtime in busy months, none allowed in slow months.
Management doesn't care
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 1, 2018
You're just a number. management is clueless. I would never work for them again. If you are a favorite of management then you don't have to pull your weight.
Cons
Unqualified management
Its Ok place to work
Senior Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2018
Its ok to work for the company only bad thing is a corporate bought the property and everyone is going to be replaced and that is really stressing and very dumb.
takeover old company
maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 5, 2018
most days same 1 or 2 emergencys a week. good with getting you what you needed to work with. had enough help to get work done in a timely manner. good work enviroment.
Pros
Cons
none really
Competitive salary
Management (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 26, 2018
Sticking to the core values will allow you to do well with this company. You have to be prepared for change as the company is constantly evolving to enhance overall operations. Employees work hard but they are also compensated well.
Resources are always readily available, and leadership does a great job with supporting its team members.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 27, 2018
I love when I was working with McKinley construction it a very good job sometime it's hard but I love it I recommend this job to anyone that wants to do construction
Productive fun place
Customer Care Associate\ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Having prospect come in every day to apply fro our lower income property. Stressful since we have traffic all day long and the application pages are long and I was the only leasing agent. Phone ringing all day non stopping.
Decent If You Want To Finish Your Life
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIDecember 16, 2017
While management is tough on you, and the work is hard the rewards are decent. I wouldn't recommend to friends, but if the pay was right I would go back in a heartbeat.
Benefits
Cons
Work
Good work environment and on the job training
Maitenance Technician1 (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 5, 2017
I started as a summer tech thinking I would not stay when the school year came around. But after learning everything over summer I felt more prepared and willing to stay on while in school.

Want to know more about McKinley?

Ask a question
Buen ambiente laboral
Maintenance Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2017
Buen ambiente laboral, los compañeros nos ayudamos unos a otros. Seguimos instrucciones de nuestro Supervisor y acatamos las órdenes recibidas sin ningún problema. Trabajamos horas extras.
Pros
Buen plan médico y beneficios marginales
Toxic
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2017
Worked a little while ago. But as I see in the comments nothing has changed. At the time there was a fire-the-first-employee-you-see culture that still happen today. A very toxic-burn-out work environment, not healthy for nobody. Thank you for a great pay which I used to visit doctors for stress associated ills.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Toxic environment
Great People, Great Training
Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 12, 2017
I wanted to get back to real patient care. McKinley offers that and much more! The team is supportive . On any given day, you will laugh with teammates. Then, there are other days, you may cry with teammates. The patients you care for come from ALL walks of life. Management, however, may not see the hardwork you do. But if you're okay with that because your goal is to make a difference if the lives of patients, this place will allow you to do so.
Best Tech job I have had
Maintenance Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2017
I have been working for McKinley for about 5 months. I think the position offers competitive pay, great team environment, and most importantly the stability I have been looking for. I really appreciate how we always put customer service first.
Pros
Team Environment, competitive pay, opportunity for growth
Cons
Drive my own vehicle on the property
Great company to work for and safe place to live.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2017
I was so blessed to have had the opportunity to be a part of a great company, And such awesome women .
What a wonderful place to work, There never was a single day that I did not want to go to work. What an experience, Wonderful team. The property was resort style, family oriented and I decided to live on property.
Amazing People
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, FLJuly 26, 2017
I loved McKinley, best company and people ever to work with!! I miss you guys and look forward to more growth in the future. Good luck to everyone!!!
Nightmare
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2017
Worst place to work no directions how to do things , horrible , they if you don't go with the flow doing bad things and lying to residents you are out,dealing with old employees is very hard , management is horrible they want you to kiss their foots to get in their group , don't listen new employees , believe me don't even think about to work with Mckinley,,,,,, you'll find out ,,,,treat new employees like animals
Horrible
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 6, 2017
Mckinley expects you to work 24 hours around the clock, whether or not you have already worked 50-60 hours that week. Management is awful as well. If you have a family that you want to spend time with, you may be able to a few hours on Sunday.
Make sure you never make a decision without checking with management first, they don't allow you to be the Community Manager of your own property.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Hours, Etc.
A lot of walking with heavy equipment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAMay 10, 2017
The first day is always the roughest considering that you don't know what you're walking into. Everyone spoke Spanish so it wasn't diverted. Soon as you head to the location, you are on your own. You have to be ready to work outside for long hours
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Pay rate, management
Favoritism
Customer Care Associate/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 4, 2017
This company is extremely unorganized. I had my days when I loved my job and days when I hated my job. I would not recommend anyone working here unless you are a suck up. If you are not a favorite, you are treated very poorly. I was always told that I was a favorite but there's no room for growth, no recognition, only negative feedback if given.

That's all I have to say...
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKinley. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5