McKinley Employee Reviews

Bully’s
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2018
I worked for this company for almost 3 years to be honest I don’t know how I lasted so long. I spent most of my years there worried about my job and wether or not I would have a job in the next week. They enjoy making you feel belittled and unimportant, no matter how much effort, time, energy, blood and sweat you put in it’s never enough. They are constantly short staffed, and expect you to do the work of 3 or 4. Working 70 hours a week is normal at any property and under valued. Everyone is REQUIRED to work evenings and weekends posting craigslist ads not giving you any work/home balance. And if you object you are spoke to and written up for immediate termination. Your meetings with higher management will never be good feedback, rather a reminder of how your job is not secure and you can be let go and replaced at any moment. They will also treat you for doing a phenomenal job on a specific area than fire you two days later because you weren’t doing enough. Bully’s that’s my sum of it.
Pros
Cons
Yes they are
Employees are not valued
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 31, 2018
They work you to death and its never good enough. Praise one day and termination the next, without valid reason. Lots of fake smiles and tension in every single office.
Pros
Pay
Cons
literally everything else
Fast paced stressful environment
Renewal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 23, 2018
Working for McKinley was stressful and challenging at times. With that said I certainly learned a lot, including working in an environment that can change at any given moment.
Run!
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2018
Mckinley, INC is a company that does not value their employees. They have no structure. I do not recommend working for this company if you are looking for a long term career.
Prepare to use your brain and muscles. This job is not for the weak
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIOctober 10, 2018
Overall the job was a great experience. I learned a lot in a short time thanks to great training from my crew. I got into this job not knowing much about property maintenance and left with not much that I didn’t know. Pay is good, the hours are standard. Being on call 24/7 for one week of the month can be draining but the money is good
Work place culture
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MISeptember 28, 2018
They talk a good story but it is a high stress environment. The higher ups at McKinley are unreasonable and unpredictable. It is almost a hostile work in place.
Pros
Cons
Site managers are good
Good for experience
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Job helps on your resume but is not meant to stay. Too much stress from corpoarate, poor managment, cut throat enviorment. Poor training and high standards.
Tries to be a fun place but it is very fake.
TSC (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 22, 2018
The CEO is nice and I think he believes that it is an amazing company with good work life balance, but the managers do not follow through on this. It is not a great place to work.
Great Starter, No Growth
Senior Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MISeptember 10, 2018
I started as a maintenance technician at McKinley. To be fair, wages in these field are fairly low for supporting ones self, but at my age, it was decent enough with a partner. However, it was made very clear early on that my growth within the company was limited to my field, and I could not proceed further without significant changes to my education and lifestyle. The management was great in some areas, but cut-throat in others, depending on who you were working under. I felt as if my job security was threatened depending on the mood of some managers, and it was hard to get comfortable at any point. If you are looking for low to fair wages for a short term job, and you have the skill set, I would recommend it, but certainly not to meet long term goals.
ok to work for
Tech !! (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 15, 2018
The company doesn't pay overtime instead they flex you out at 40 hour's. Most site's are short two to three worker's already, and then they flex out someone else. More work than people. This company cant keep employees for some reason.
Fastpace and interesting workplace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando,FlAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed working for McKinley. Work was never boring. It was different everyday from turning an apartment to doing work orders. I had the pleasure of meeting new people on a regular basis.
Horrible.
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIAugust 13, 2018
Work hard no incentives. Bosses or supervisors in position with no licensing. Cutting corners. Overpaid rent for the tenants. Working endless hours. Just not healthly enviroment.
Pros
Cons
Everything wouldnt reccomend
Worst Company, Please Stay Away!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2018
This company will reel you in with the pay and benefits, but please stay away!

This company was the biggest disappointment in my professional career. If you would like a work/life balance, time with your family, time for yourself, this is not the place for you. No matter how many changes they made through the years to re-organize themselves or to change their reputation, the company still runs their workers through fear. You will end up doing at least 3 positions, as the turnover rate is extremely high. You will be overworked; as a Community Manager, I worked over 70+ hours a week w/ absolutely no support. The higher ups in Michigan are completely clueless or pretend to be clueless to the kind of tyranny-based management that is taking place in Orlando. If you are looking for longevity with a company, Mckinley will never be that. The morale is extremely low, no matter which property. Everyone is on the verge of quitting, everyone is looking for a new job within 1-2 months. You will live in constant fear of losing your job. You will have to fight harder and perform better to KEEP your job. This company literally represents "The Hunger Games".
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
Everything else; there is nothing positive about the company.
Good
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 5, 2018
The work at McKinley was mostly on our own. Management let us pick our own hours mostly. The work was not that challenging, mostly just managing the environment.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2018
Very nice property management company to work for, I was king of sad when they had the properties taken away because they were based on Michigan and they did not have any more properties in Vegas to Managed. Very good paid
Pros
Good pay
Cons
They had to leave from Vegas
Okay Place to work
CUSTOMER CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 6, 2018
The company is a pretty good company. Your management will vary from location to location. I was lucky to receive very great managers and team members. Pay is good for the job, no commission, but possible quarterly bonuses.

Hours are long.
Pros
Great culture, caring managment, good benifits, possibile to move up
Cons
Long hours, mandatory overtime in busy months, none allowed in slow months.
Amazing Bonuses
SR SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for Mckinley Inc. their bonus structure is AMAZING. My team was amazing and fun to work with, I had a great manager and regional. I worked on a takeover team we came in and leased up the community the community before it sold, the hardest part of the job was knowing that the community was for sell.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Job Security
Good work environment.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 10, 2018
Maintained apartment complexes and town homes. Management was good and were treated fairly. On a day to day I would go through work orders and get the most critical problems taken care of first.
Poor place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 10, 2018
Everything is a priority. All tasks. Unless something else all of sudden becomes top priority because upper management "might drive through", then that's what everyone needs to focus on, but everything else is STILL a priority at the same time as the new thing. Oh you're understaffed? Oh well. Not upper management's problem. Overtime is not allowed though, so you have to take care of everything that's a priority, understaffed, no over time. It's literally impossible. I don't know how I did it for 6 years.
Pros
Hands on experience.
Cons
Literally everything else.
A company that is confused
Commercial Accounting - AP/AR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 4, 2018
McKinley means...high turn-over, stale work environment, division managers who are disconnected with staff and could care less.. Nepotism runs rampant here! If you are looking for a great place to work with the idea of job stability and a future, please look elsewhere.
Pros
great coworkers, location
Cons
high management, nepotism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKinley. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8