McKnight Place

Working at McKnight Place: 13 Reviews

United States13 reviews

It was ok

Pay is good work is easy but management is disrespectful, work environment was a mess it’s not the job it’s the people that work in the job ! You have some nice but most I wouldn’t recommend if you have a attitude we’re you would get angry fast even if you try to control it

Great place to work. Beautiful atmosphere with lots of incentives. Plenty of supplies. Parking garage fit bad weather and lots of company parties and picnics.

Pros

Weekend Option

Cons

Short staffed

McKnight Place insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

The job is easy... management and minions are extremely messy!!

Overall, working with residents is a breeze. Most of them are so pleasant and respectful! I enjoyed building a rapport with them. Co-workers who worked the floor were all fine with me. Working with nursing staff was great..we kept each other motivated to push through the toughest days, which was most of them! Staffing here is horrible. "They" honestly have shown no concern for the nursing staff working short..all while expecting every T to be crossed and I dotted! Claims to schedule according to the residents' needs is bologna! SOME Nurses HAVE to work 2 floors, sometimes without a CMT. When suggestions have been made to the administrator, she blows people off and rushes them out of her office as if what they're saying isn't of any importance. She has a lack of respect for the nursing staff. But you can't expect her to have much with , no medical background whatsoever. Only a select few staff members can be permanent on their floors, everyone else has to float the building. That's completely fair, right? There's no freedom to have conversations among one another on the first floor because there's an informant {social worker} that goes out of her way to email every conversation she eaves drops on..just to start unnecessary mess! This would be an amazing place to work, if there was mutual respect, fairness, better staffing and no drama.

Worst place

The whole management team sucks, if the administrator and that disrespectful activity director wasn't there, that place would be a great place to work

Pros

The residents

Weak Leadership

The nursing department doesn't treat the staff with care which is sad cause they are the most important people there! Management doesn't have the Leadership skill to successfully solve the issue

Positive and fun teamlike environment, with a goal of helping our residents overall wellbeing

I am thrilled that I found Mcknight Pl! I've been here for a little over a year, and no day has been the same, which I enjoy. If you are interested in healthcare and interacting with/helping older adults, this is a great place to work! I enjoy new challenges and working with my co-workers on creative solutions to help our residents. I've also learned so much from our residents; from their years of wisdom and stories, I will always remember many of the life lessons they have shared with me! Also, the management team has an open door policy and are always welcome to new ideas. The owners throw annual parties for all of the staff in the company which everyone enjoys!!

Pros

Flexible hours, supportive management team

Cons

Working in healthcare can be stressful, but fortunately there is a good support system in place here.

Productive and fun environment, great work culture, super flexible!!

The Activities department is a blast to work in. It feels like a family!! The activities director is super flexible with the schedule, always having it out early and accommodating to requests off, and is someone you can come to about any issue, work related or not! The work is fun and you are given the ability to be creative and come up with events and programs to run. The residents here are fun to talk to and have great personalities which makes it easy to run discussions, games, and other activities. The hardest part of the job are the stressful days that seem chaotic, just like any job, but even on those days everyone is understanding and works together. I have learned so much about dementia and Alzheimer's just from working here! This facility has come a long way since the start of Covid and overall a great place to work.

Run !

Extremely underpaid, expected to fulfill the job duties of others, management cares for no one, activity director doesn’t take direction and she’s unreliable. Residents don’t enjoy sitting and being read to day in and out. They’re not children. Staff that exude minimal effort are rewarded employee of the month due to the unrecognized work of coworkers. As an activity Assistant, I helped residents with toileting and other hygiene essentials that was not apart of my job description. Management, especially the Activity Director sits in their offices and socialize while staff run themselves crazy trying to manage unrealistic expectations.

Pros

Building a relationship with residents

Cons

Management, pay, breaks, etc

They want you to work and don’t want to pay you the building is fairly easy the pay is horrible! They bring new people we in and pay them more money than their current employees who stay in work covet none of the nursing team got raises when they didn’t leave due to Covid

Great Place to work. Ownership is very supportive.

Great teamwork! Managers are easy to work with and really pitch in during such difficult times in health care. Having local owners onsite makes all the difference and they are very supportive.

Management is horrible

It's a good job but the management is horrible. None of them besides 3 know how to talk to people. The new DON is horrible and has ran all the old people away. The administrator only cares about how the place looks and not the employees. It's not assisted living It's actually long-term care residents there. They have an amazing housekeeping team but it's not enough of them to keep the place actually clean. The food that they make the staff buy for lunch is garbage. Also they bring new people in making a lot more money then the old staff and won't up the pay of the old staff. This place would be be much better if they brought in a completely new management team and that includes the administrator.

Pros

The residents and other staff members

Cons

Horrible benefits Nasty lunches Management

Management lacks maturity and leadership skills

Job is easy but management run people away weekly!! DONs come and go! It’s not assisted living, it’s a nursing home so be ready to provide total care.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Great residents, terrible upper management

The residents are usually great and the building is gorgeous and some coworkers and managers can be supportive but upper management doesnt really care and views everyone as replaceable and will try to pay you as little as possible.

Pros

Residents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKnight Place. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about McKnight Place in popular locations

McKnight Place reviews by popular job title

• McKnight Place