McKnight Place Extended Care
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Working at McKnight Place Extended Care: 41 Reviews

United States41 reviews

staffplacepaymanagementjobworkworkingemployee

Not everyone follows the same rules, policy and nepotism

I run my work day as it's self guided. Lack of support from co-workers, some managers make rude comments, hardly informed about things happening around the facility, and diverse culture. I've learned that certain employees will report you because they don't like you. Nepotism rules!Hardest: dealing with the disrespect from long term employees who know they will not be any repercussion.Enjoyable: seeing resident's family members and forming a personal relationship, all the dogs that visit, and visits from residents.

Pros

$3.00 meals, holiday bonuses, and the residents

Cons

discourteous managers, lack of communication

Team work

I Like Working here with any job all Day’s are not easy breezy but for the Most Part all the Lady’s have excellent Team Work which makes the Load a Lot Easy

McKnight Place Extended Care insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Fair i guess But could make everybody follow the rules so we all don't have to work so hard

If you want a job that you have to follow no rules then this is the place for you. They have rules But do not enforce them People do what they want and the ones that want to follow the rules have to Cover everybody else that doesn't follow the rules Very unfair to the ones that are there every day doing their job

Pros

$3 lunches

Cons

Doing double work for the ones that don't follow the rules

Teamwork

I have been very happy here! Managers assist out on floor to encourage teamwork, and not just sit in their offices. The employee perks are really cool. They try to show the staff appreciation all the time with events, treats, gift cards, and meals. It can be difficult when coworkers call in and work loads are heavier, but that happens everywhere I have ever worked in my field. When I started I was scared about reviews, but a lot of my coworkers have been here a long time so it showed me to find out for myself. My favorite part of my work are the residents.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Meal choices

October 4, 2021
We are happy to hear you are happy here! We strive to have fun while still completing the job that needs to be done. I hope you continue enjoying your work here with us. Let us know what else we can do to make it even better for you!

Micromanagement Deluxe

You know what they say about too many cooks in the kitchen. The communication through the chain of command is absolutely terrible. You could ask three managers the same, simple question, and somehow get four different answers. Staff are overworked and underappreciated. And it seems as though, with this company, money takes priority over resident happiness and care. Employees are not respected or trusted as professionals to do the jobs they were hired for, and are incredibly micromanaged. The residents are amazing and the only saving grace for this job.

Pros

free lunches during COVID, resident contact

Cons

management, communication, micromanaging

October 4, 2021
I hate to hear you were unhappy here. We are continuously providing rewards to staff for jobs well done. We are monthly playing games and trying new and fun events to show staff we appreciate them!

Everyone here is extremely nice!

When i saw the reviews for this place I was very scared to start my job here but WOW! I am so glad i decided to see what it was really like for myself! All of the workers are very nice and welcoming. The managers will help you every step of the way, and the residents family members make my day, everyday! I would recommend working here to anyone who loves working and wants to love their work!

Pros

Owners are very kind! Great at following all COVID rules

Cons

3.00 for lunch, lunches could have more variety.

October 4, 2021
We are happy that you are happy here! We will continue to look at food choices to make them better for you!

Great place to work.

I truly feel blessed to be have given the opportunity to work here to further my career. My work environment is fun and challenging. Management expects their staff to perform at a high level and so they should. We are taking care of human beings!! My coworkers have been helpful, kind and encouraging. It is obvious we are all here for one goal: to better the lives of our resident's. There is a reason a good majority of the staff have worked here for many years. I love what I do and I love the team I have around me.

October 4, 2021
Teamwork makes the Dreamwork! I love how you mention the residents, that is why we are here!

Productive and friendly staff and residents

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at McKnight Place Extended Care is pretty flexible and all. I'm able to work and still be able to hang with friendsPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at McKnight Place Extended Care are doing well I can't really complain too too much about it. I feel I'm getting paid wellOverallMy experience working at McKnight Place Extended Care is pretty cool I'm very well adjusted in what I do and I take pride in what I'm able to do

They try to make better....

In my experience they were always trying to make it a better place with games and rewards but some people are never happy no matter what they did and drag the morale down. The problem was other staff are lazy and complain and then you pick up their work. If people would do thier job management wouldn't be all over them and it would improve. I loved the residents and monthly treats. Its a family place and they attempt to treat you like family. Just remember family argues and dont always agree, doesn't make them bad, just people.

Pros

Residents and treats *doesn't smell!!!!*

Cons

Coworkers are lazy and complain about everything

October 4, 2021
We appreciate employees like you and we LOVE that you feel appreciated here. We sure try! I love that it doesn't smell here either, and that means our team is doing what is needed to make that happen! We can't do what we do without employees like you! Glad you are here and caring for our residents.

Erica Boyd

The Staff are awsome. They are team and goal driven.This is a loving and friedly environment. My department rocks (Food Service). I have met some pretty cool resident and have learned alot about them.To me this place is a nice place to work.

October 4, 2021
We love having awesome people like you here! You are truly a team player. Keep blossoming and I know you go far within the company.

Work experience

OverallMy experience has been good. Friendly staff, flexible scheduling, good staff appreciation, reasonable pay. Overall it’s a great environment and I enjoy working here.

I wouldnt recommend this company to a homeless person

Very sexist and racist, wouldnt work around my school schedule. Had too many managers with too many different opinions so I never knew right or wrong.

October 4, 2021
Sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to accommodate staff with their availability and try to work within those guidelines. In the Food Service Department we have an Executive Chef, Food & Nutrition Manager and a Food Service Manager. They work at trying to help each employee with concerns, and communicate to each member of management on solutions. I am sorry if that was a missed opportunity during your time here.

Waste of time

Kitchen management argues with worker's disrespectful put all work on pregnant women no appreciation no team work favoritism lack of everything. People always has attitudes and there is always an argument because management sucks badly they need to be fired and I bet the kitchen would be better. Hire grown ups not kids with better pay a bunch of call offs because lack of committment fmanagement

October 4, 2021
Sorry you had a bad experience with our company and feel that way about about hiring staff of all ages. We employ as an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate.

McKnight Place

This place is horrible, the CNA’s are treated like maids, the CNA supervisor is a mess that’s why no one stays the pay is horrible as well, you can find somewhere else with better pay.

Management Sucks

No team work management sucks can’t go to them and tell them nothing it will be all over the work place and it’s sad you can’t talk to the DON she don’t talk to the CNA’S and your supervisor is a CMT it’s all confused there..Wouldn’t recommend people to work there..

pretty easy job

I love the residents and the guest, I think that was my biggest joy was seeing them everyday. i love the staff and everyone. I love what I do and I will always take pride in providing the best customer service.

Pros

residents and guest you come incontact with

Cons

need more of of a challenge

Go somewhere else

Lazy staff, micro managed, unorganized. Looks beautiful but your typical nursing home when the smoke mirrors clear. I could tell from day 1 it wasnt a place you wanted to be long term.

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Micro managed

High turn over rate

Nice clean place to work . Pay could be more. Work is fairly easy. Some nurses do help out. Plus they are nice. Residents are nice and lovable! But the cna supervisor is annoying and always got something to say, need some attention. She the reason people either quit or don’t last long.

Good

Good place to work easy work load and the facility is not ghetto. The weekend nurses are great and not afraid to help out when working short. The facility is really strict when it comes to uniforms.

Pros

The supervisor is very flexible with schedules

Cons

Your check maybe short or not come on the scheduled day

Very clean.

Well mannered employees, very clean, lunch was $3. The parking lot was a little far away. Management barely pays you any attention because they just watch you on camera from their offices.

Be aware

Your paychecks do not arrive to you on your payday. Be prepared to work short and are asked to work extra shifts a lot. Frequent turn over in staff I

Pros

Residents are kind

Cons

Lack of management and policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McKnight Place Extended Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare McKnight Place Extended Care with

McKnight Place Extended Care Reviews by Location

Learn about McKnight Place Extended Care in popular locations

McKnight Place Extended Care reviews by popular job title

• McKnight Place Extended Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?