McLane Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,507 reviews matching the search See all 1,510 reviews
Enjoyed my co workers and supervisor
Cigarette selector (Former Employee) –  Republic, MOJanuary 21, 2019
The schedule was horrible. Never know what time you will finish and system has issues. Unpredictable downtime. Totes were filthy and created direct health issues to employees. Very repetitive and physically demanding. Only two holidays off each year and the days before and after holidays were very long sometimes as much as 18 hours in one day and expected to be back at 4 am
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Upper management is shady
hard work but good pay
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAJanuary 21, 2019
hard work but good pay
forced overtime
and lots of heavy lifting
60 hours per week average lifting thousands of pounds of heavy stuff per day.

your hands are permanently swollen
Worked there a long time ago
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYJanuary 19, 2019
I worked there a long time ago, so this review may not be accurate to date. However, I have to fill up 150 minimum characters to continue through this process with Indeed. :)
Typically corporate BS
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2019
Hiring bonus $5000 , sounds great?What their not telling you is new hires start at 80% pay and it takes three years to achieve teir one pay . No pay raise in several years , management borderline incompetent. Drivecams and a out of control safety department .
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
You earn every penny they pay you
Hard Work
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GA 30265January 18, 2019
Good job if management is understanding that every individual is indeed a individual and not a robot to be used and discarded as they see fit. Respect produces respect and vice versa.
Is excellent job
ORDER SELECTOR (Current Employee) –  Mclane flJanuary 18, 2019
Excellent to grow,good benefits I lot physical workYou learn how to drive a equipmentAlso train youFor any position excellent supervisor you got a lot of compensation like Holidays they bring your food Also they Do family picnic for you go have fun with your family in different places like Theme parks
Pros
Learn
McLane is a good place to get Class A experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 17, 2019
I started here 6 years ago (2013-2018) with zero Class A experience. This Division has improved a lot since then. Newer equipments like Tractors (10 Spd. Automatic), Trailers, handtrucks ect. Equipments are well maintained by Penske. I’ve gained a lot of confidence driving for this company. Hard work, local deliveries are longer than 16hrs. Delivered in Montana, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Not only will you be handtrucking groceries 99% of the load but you’ll be backing trailers a lot and driving through tiny/tight parking lots. DOT hours of service is strict using Electronic Logs. They have safety reps out, making sure drivers aren’t working out of the sleeper berth. Cameras installed inside tractor facing the driver and the road. Although drivers get paid well, drivers don’t get paid for pre/post trip inspections, cleaning off trailers, chaining and waiting for stores to open. Write-Ups happen a lot. Management make up rules on the way. Sometimes I feel safety really isn’t the priority. Still had trailers loaded to the very end. Bid packages (put together by management) for 85% of the drivers. The top 15-20% of drivers make their own weeks. Majority of the employees working here a good people. Having a good partner that you click with makes this hard working long hours job, easy. All in all, McLane is a good company. I recommend it, especially with no experience. No matter where you go there’s BS.
Pros
Pay
Cons
All about the numbers
great hardworking place great pay
Class A OTR Driver Trainee (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJanuary 17, 2019
tough job but can make great pay benefits day 1 over the road driving and employees are great in the workplace delivers to all fast food chains nationwide
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 17, 2019
I love working at McLane Inc. it's the best job I have ever had. I recommend and refer people to work at McLane two or three times a week. I speak to younger people often and explain the benefits of working with a company like this. I have only one regret with working with McLane is that I did not start working with them 10 years before. I love working with different type of customers, having responsibility that have an impact with customers. I take pride in being professional and representing the company well. I have been working there for over 5.5 years and there is never a dual moment. One of the hardest parts of the job is every 6 months we change routes that we deliver to and have to establish new relationship with our customers. It's also one of the most enjoyable part of the job as well. When you have a reputation or being a company that provide the highest quality service customer have the expectation that honesty and quality go hand in hand. Well, I try to add my personality to that so when they see me they have a great experience everyday we meet.
Pros
Great company good pay
Cons
productive laid back but fast paced company
selector IV (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYJanuary 16, 2019
they have great management, they take time to train you before releasing you on your own through out the warehouse and expect you to pull your part and hit your quota and very understanding even if your quota wasnt met as a selector i enjoyed the work place i would recomend anyone to work here.
Great company to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 16, 2019
I worked for Mclane for 15 years. 2 years as a driver. Advancement is very possible for individuals who are interested. The people you work with were all great.
Horrible
Selector (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Would never go back. Sure, the benefits and pay is great but the company is terrible in my opinion. There was so much lack of communication. no one knew what they were doing or where to go. none of the employees were satisfied. the only way to get promoted was to be a little snitch. you either work 20 hours a week or 70, there is no in between. so be prepared to get bad paychecks or no life to do anything. it's very repetitive and got boring FAST. supervisor wont listen to anything you say. you'll love the pay but you'll hate the job.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
you trade in your life, hate the job, hate the co-workers
Bad
Drive for eagle post office (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 12, 2019
Bad reputation management and snitch stile , cut trout and u can get loose u job just because !!! Someone dont like u and u done simple , this maneger need to be repreiment for new person
Pros
Sometime
Cons
All about
Modern day slavery
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Unsafe, the merchandise is stacked extremely high while forklifts are very old and unstable. To top it off he pallets are stacked sideways. Run away!
Pros
Outweighed by Cons
Cons
Stressful, Must work all holidays, No work life balance
Poor management
Full Case Stocker (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, ALJanuary 11, 2019
Work is stressful. Uncertainty of work time and hours per shift rely upon how productive or unproductive the plumper services are. Too much complaining about work in general which contributes to low morale. Some team members have a chip on their shoulders and think they should receive differential treatment.
Pros
Reasonable pay and benefits
Cons
Low morale
Pays well
INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Decent Job with great benefits that pays a lot better than most. Most positions require long hours but pay out great over-time which is time and a half.
No set hours of work
Stocker/selector (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 8, 2019
A person who works there knows when they are to clock in but have to stay till the work is done. One day it could be only 8 hours and 14+ hours the next. Management says you have 3 days off a week but if needed you can be called in.
A typical day at Mclain
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 8, 2019
You typically wake up early between 4 and 5 am get ready and leave, when you arrive at your truck you inspect it for any discrepancies such as dirt and damage, at this point you go into the office to get your paperwork a scanner gun and your load, you hook up to your trailer and begin your day. One day typically has between 20 and 30 stop that you hand unload on a two wheel dolly, at the end of the day you return to the warehouse and unhook your trail the you park your truck for the next driver.
Pros
great people, great paycheck and all benefits from day one and fully invested 401k at 1 year
Cons
the work is very labor intense, you have to be physically fit and prepared
Fast Pace
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 8, 2019
8 to 5 non stop, don't forget your lunch
You will learn a lot about the Supply Chain Network
Management at the location is not good
Workplace culture is not good
Hardest part is the stress and frustration that you will have
You may be fortunate enough to work with good people
Pros
Good 401 K Match
Cons
Workplace environment
Fast pace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Overall this is a good work place but should require more training to new employees. You can receive maximum pay in just three years. And the benefits are very good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss