McLane Company

United States2,898 reviews

Found 2,898 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,926 reviews
driverroutembmwarehouseselectorteammatetrucktrailer

Weight your options

Hard work but good money. Long hours and bad management. Overall company can be good for your personal life because of the money you can make. Good equipment also.

Pros

Good money and benefits

Cons

Poor management.

If you don't mind long busy days, not a bad place

The company is a grocery distributor that supplies a few super stores, but mostly gas stations with grocery and general merchandise product (i.e. buckets, brooms, mops, oil, washer fluid, etc.). From March to July, it's fairly straight forward, usually around 7-8 hour days, but from August to February, you usually work anywhere from 9-12 hour days that are very heavy with pallets and a lot of heavy products (mostly ice melt and washer fluid) that have to delta with by hand. If you work anywhere in the warehouse, most of the time you will be handling products by hand (ie loading carts, building pallets, loading trailers from carts or small pallets). The biggest complaint I have is that a lot of the equipment is not properly maintained and breaks, and then it takes a long time for them to be repaired (personal example, there are lights and fans at the doors for loading that I personally informed multiple supervisors and the maintenance department about for months, that when I left were still not fixed). There are a lot of good people that work there currently and it can be a good place to work.

Pros

A lot of events that keep the employees engaged and try to make them feel appreciated.

Cons

A lot of broken/damaged equipment that takes a long time to get even looked at.

McLane Company insights

Based on 2,399 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

wasted my time

I hired on for a new satellite terminal in the Green Bay area. Two day orientation was in southern WI. I received emails confirming my orientation date and time. When I showed up I wasn't on the list, that got straightened out but things went downhill from there.The first day was ok except that some instructors seemed lost. The lunch with management was weird.The second day instructors came and went with long gaps in between. I was sent for range of motion evaluation and when i came back I proceeded with the computer instruction. The instructor left the room and 45 minutes later I had enough and left.When I had questions for HR they weren't answered. The driver management team struck me as disinterested as well.I emailed the lead manager letting him know why I left and didn't hear back from him. Three weeks later I got a voicemail from an asst mgr. wanting to get going on my training. I didnt bother calling back. Three months later I got a voicemail from someone in the company asking where I wanted my Thanksgiving turkey sent...Wow! I could say more but what's the point.

Pros

Cons

My post says it all.

not a good workingenvironment

I worked there for. 16 years.I did a great job and the leadership there is 2 faced.it used to. e good when I started now the leadership cares nothing for the employes only what you can do for the company and they let people that have been there a long time do whatever they want.no respect for the individual and it is sad.I feel I had wasted 16 years of my life there.i wo I ld never recommend them to noone.

Decent pay! terrible management

Pallets hanging for dear life! you are expected to fix it! which is fine but you will be fixing a damaged pallet all day every day and nobody is ever hold accountable! I could go on for days what’s wrong with Mclane NJ but nobody would care or listen!

Good pay but has it’s issues

Good pay but has it’s issues like any other place and not many people are happy with the company when they leave it seems like and it doesn’t seem like many favor the new DC manager

Great pay but fast paced and hard work.

You can make a lot of money if you work hard. Fast paced and very physical. You don't get paid by the hour so if you take you're time you will make the same money and just get home later. Better to work fast efficient and get home earlier. If you respect the people you work with you will get the same respect back.

Over worked but great pay

Money is great but you definitely work for it. They have you run all night as a team and then blow up your phone while you sleep to force dispatch you. If you don’t wake up and answer then they threaten you. Dispatch is very aggressive.

Its not the Place its the people/supervisors dont have DiplomasI

People are Liars and I felt like i shouldve been gone from there alot of time wasted....,THEY dont care about the workers only what they can get out of them,If you have a problem its like talking to the wall noone in management listens to you as if they are so busy and all they do is sit in the office and talk about other teammates in front of teammates,nothing is confidential,OH IF YOU DO DRUGS DONT WORRY YOU WILL STILL GET HIRED

Pros

Free stale /cold coffee

Cons

work you like work horses

Great workplace

Great pay and work hours. Manager is great hardest part of job is the work load and sometimes scheduling I would recommend working for this company. Great benefits

Stay away

Bad managers, work you to death, no growth, no bonuses, and has been understaffed for years. If you work hard they will work you harder and let lazy people slide. They also let employees get drunk in the parking lot.

After 20 years I had to say good bye

They will take advantage of you if you are a good worker they will punish hard workers and reward lazy ones after 29 years I couldn’t take it anymore and had to separate myself from them

McLane is a great company to work for. The staff is very helpful along with the supervisors. They have a great team of people. The job is very demanding and pertains to a lot of physical activity. You can be on your feet up to 12 hrs depending on the volume. The pay is great along with benefits, you also work 4 days and off 3.

Horrible management

They hire a bunch of lazy people that won’t even try to speed up and hit rate causing people who do hit rate to have to pick up all the slow workers slack.

Good company

Good company good benefits ok pay most people are friendly aome cons the yard trucks are not maintained and the yard can get crowded at times and can be stressfull

Night work long hours

Work kicks your but the first couple of months after that it’s manejable and you deliver over night so you have to get used to sleeping during the day

Horrible place to work good pay but horrible management I was fired because my daughter was in the hospital and I’m a single mom so I had to stay with her I even had a doctors note but they completely ignored it and said they weren’t going to fire me that they were gonna call to have me back in but never did until I called the next day and they were like oh your fired and hung up

FoodCompany with great benefits

Mclane is a great place to work at. Yes, some time you will get big loads (more money) to unload at gas stations, Walgreens or F.dollar but still is not that hard. I did get a lot fun and I lovet working for McLane.

Yikes.

Horrible place to work. Not worth it. Taking a pay cut for another company that actually treats their employees like human beings , is better then killing yourself for some job that pays good but treats you like your are replaceable ( in my opinion) find something better. Money isn't everything.

Awful experience all the way around

Save yourself the time and energy and don’t even bother applying. Horrible company to work for unless you enjoy 70+ hours a week and being underpaid.

Getting the overtime pay for

The pay good but you never know when you will get off the work environment was good the people I worked was good my supervisor was nice overall it was good just was to far from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.9
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
2.0Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight