Play YouTube video button

McLane Company Employee Reviews

United States2,181 reviews
Found 2,181 reviews matching the search
Featured review
McLane Company selected this as a representative review
Challenging,well paid,varied hours.Management is ok.Way better then Fastenal.I live close by so the commute is not long.They try to assign trucks.I like the physical work.I plan on staying a long time.
Pros
pay, exercise
Cons
schedule
Good place to start out working for as long you can do the job driver are good to work with
The store are easy to do lift gate trailer power jacks good for sightseeing other states
Management never driven a truck and don’t go out like we do day to day! Get written up for every little thing that stupid drive cam sees! Yeah be safe but there is a lot that goes on that you can’t control yourself!! McLane was okay, great pay for a four day work week. But management was the issue. Promises aren’t kept. That’s for sure. You ask and ask and ask. You won’t receive. Don’t work here.
Pros
4 day work week, pay.
Cons
Management sometimes 24 hour routes
Wish they had shifts that better fit my children’s schedule. 12hrs shifts is great but had no babysitter, now I’ve hired a full time sitter. But I understand it’s a business.
Pros
Money, hours
Cons
Waiting, long shifts
16-18 hours a day, having to ask permission to go home and told we can’t leave and if you leave it’s as if you called in/ no show. Horrible management, nothing is consistent, and no accountability for people’s actions.
Pros
Good paycheck due to excessive overtime
Cons
Long hours no consistency
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
If you can roll groceries this is a great company. I worked for the Athens Ga grocery division (southeast) and it was great I made $1800/week. The job is the job but they care and that’s good to know
Pros
Steady work. They cared
Cons
Rolling groceries can hurt sometimes
Hard work, Long Hours, Unorganized at times. If you go work here if you're not ready to deal with a warehouse who loads your truck any kind of way don't go. There are plenty of other opportunities.
Pros
Good cheap benefits
Cons
Long hours and no breaks
this is absolutly by far the worst company ive ever worked for, management is a complete joke, drivers are punished for being to fast and exceeding expectations. If you like running illegal, unsafe and dangerous equipment and like being treated like a number then mclane has a job for you! Trailers are worn out, broken leafsprings, no brakes, bad tires, reefers that dont work, you will experience all of this. They treat drivers badly and then wonder why they have a high turnover rate. The only good thing about this place is the benefits but there is no room for advancement, you are nothing but a stupid truck driver in managements eyes and they have no problem telling you this everyday, managers have zero experience in the transport industry and never know what to do, if youre thinking about working here, RUN as fast as you can in the opposite direction
benefits
Cons
no room for advancement, treated like a number with no respect, not appreciated
Good money, you get compensated for working hard. And the work is hard. However, if you have a lot of energy and can bring it for 10 hours you can make it here. This job is not for everyone. They call us industrial athletes and that is exactly what we are. The best part are the co workers here. They are all great people and fun to be around.
Pros
Money. Great co-workers
Cons
Long hours sometimes
I loved working for McLane! Unfortunately I had an incident with my daughter and ended up losing my job. I really wish that wasn't the case but it is. If you get a job here do everything you can to keep it!
Pros
Great pay. Great job
Cons
None I loved it
Most days were ok, but there were times your have to with 16 hours. The post and the benefits were very good and the best thing about the job. The training was ok at best, you were just kind of thrown into the position after being told what to do.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Overtime
Keep looking, turnover is like 100%. All the workers with experience leaving as the manager approach has led to 14 to 16 hour days. They pay is garbage when the managers dont care, the attitude is dont like it quit. People with years are now leaving and only leaving due to new managment. You get 3 days off but you won't enjoy it.
Pros
3 days off
Good company to work for teammates are sometimes not helpful and are rude. Management does not help you in anything hard to schedule time off. May work at your own pace but cannot leave until the job for that day is met. Overtime is available most of the time.
Pros
great work hrs
Cons
management
They sell you a dream to get you through the door. They are also very unprofessional. If I had known what I know now I would not have left a job for one.
The company is a good place to work for I would definitely go back one day I just feel that you have to be physical and mentally prepared for the hours and etc
Pros
Healthcare benefits, good pay
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
This is a great company but it is poorly run. They are partners with many big food distributors and restaurants. They offer a great salary but their benefits leave a lot to be desired. It is a very physical job and requires a person to be in decent shape.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bad management and benefits
Concord Transportation management is woefully ill equipped to provide support for even simplest of tasks. Current transportation manager, in particular, is completely inept, diffuse, rude ,suffers from low affect, is a deceitful backstabbing manipulative liar.
The General Manager ..Even worse. Completely uncoupled from the day to day operation, when, in meetings , issues are discussed regarding shrink, fuel consumption and workplace safety no one is allowed to offer any solutions. Even when very simple solutions could easy be implemented.

On whole the Concord center offers no reason for anyone to work there other than competitive. I have seen many good drivers and operations managers come and go in my time..it’s a total disgrace

I’ve been a loyal employee of nearly 15 years now and I’ve decided that I will retire by the end of the year.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to list
Typical day at work is to kill yourself everyday with no help 1500 cases on a ramp u don’t get no life outside of work they will call you all day everyday
Pros
Pay
Cons
No life
If you have a family or a life outside of your job, do not bother! This company tries to be the highest paid DC in town just to look good to the public. Their public image is their only priority.

Leadership is childish, they lie, they use their personal opinion on you as to how they will treat you. You will work unnecessary overtime if other departments are busy, even if your job is done. They will make you clean on overtime just because other departments have work. They currently have a bunch of employees "laid off" due to COVID-19, but the ones still working are working 12 to 14 hours a day. They will overwork you, they are not flexible with any time you may need off for appointments or kids. They do not provide any company based picnics or outings which goes to show how little they appreciate their employees. Constantly changing rules and procedures without your knowledge.

The teammates are all great and the pay is great. But the company assumes the pay is good enough to treat you as they wish. They just want to look good to corporate and the town, not to the actual people working there. No way to move up in the company. Hard to transfer to other bids or shifts. Hardly no training. No incentives. NOTHING.

The company is a hostile work environment that only cares about the bottom dollar and will work you to death for it. Last minute overtime and no room for moving up makes everyone in the place unhappy and creates a very negative place to be.
Pros
great coworkers, pay
Cons
poor management, overtime, no incentives
I worked at McLane for 7 years. If you like not having a life outside of work this place is for you. Highly favoritism place to work if your not in the click, your time is numbered. Management is horrible. Hr manager got fired for stealing for stealing from a children's hospital! Sounds like a great place 👍
Work hard here abd you'll be taken advantage of,by both management and fellow employees while they consistently slack on their own work. Management doesnt do anything,g to get rid of lazy employees but burn out the good ones. Management doesn't care about your complaints or listen to any feedback you give them. Give somewhat of impossible standard for employees working in -15 degree weather 10 hours a day
Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.