McLane Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,197 reviews matching the search See all 1,319 reviews
Great company to work for, excellent employer/employee atmosphere
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 22, 2018
My job is very easily done, compared what I used to do at other companies. Operate the forktruck...keep your work accurate. Simple. You have to keep busy, but that's at any job.

The management is very appreciative towards the employees: Cookouts on holidays (loads of food sitting around to eat all shift long), safety rewards (food brought in and/or other rewards), LOTS of paid time off (including sick pay...which is becoming rarer in the nation), open-door policy and above-average pay for the area.

Easily the most stress-free employment I have ever been in since I started working for a living. I wish I found this company decades ago.
Pros
Extravagant cookouts on holidays you work, pay is above-average, low/no stress work environment, lots of room for advancement, work atmosphere isn't negative
Cons
Very slow to achieve your max pay of your position, work almost all holidays, no chance for overtime
Nice place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 21, 2018
Good place to work. Pay and benefits were good. Over all nice place to work if you like being gone for up to 23 hours depending of the route that you had that day. Over all a good place to work if you like being out on the road all day and night.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Work to many hours
Do many safety lunch ins.
Selector (Current Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYJuly 21, 2018
High paced work environment. Not well ran or organized. Middle of the road pay and benifits. Employees are just a number there. Not important to the company and can be replace at anytime. I’ve seen to riffs in the company in my time there where they mass fired 30-50 teammates in one day to down size.
Pros
Lots of overtime optional pay is not bad after five year top out and good 401k program
Cons
Unorganized poor management employees are a numbe and easily replaced
sad
Sanitation/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 20, 2018
still sad not happy that I had to leave, after 19years of service. I like my job and some of management and co workers plus the hours that I was working.
Not the best decision
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 20, 2018
Have been working here for a few years and was requesting to be trained on new things since after my first year. I was told I couldn’t because we are short staffed and they didn’t have time. (Which is not true). Tried to transfer within the company at the same location and I was denied because of them hiring interns to cover all positions here which is bogus and the salary is not the best for a person who has a family. If you transfer writhing the company you will not get starting pay for that position. You get a percentage of what your current pay is added to that in order to transfer to another group within the company.
excellent company
WAREHOUSE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2018
Fast pace, hard work but at the end of the day satisfying work. A good company to work for. I had an excellent experience working for them. Great benefits and plenty of paid time off.
Benefits
Cons
Hot warehouse
Stable work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Battleboro, NCJuly 15, 2018
Mclane catered for their drivers. It was a comfortable environment to work in, the people were pleasant to work with. Management takes up for their employees, communications was very clear between management and employees.
Pros
Excess uniforms and tools to work with.
Cons
Long work hours
Stressful environment
Grocery selector (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSJuly 15, 2018
When i got hired on at McLane southern i absolutely loved the job and intended on staying for awhile but after about 3 years they started hiring on new management. The new management just doesn't care about the employees and the vice president doesn't seem to concerned either. You can go to the people department but it doesn't seem to do much good. After learning that the vice president and people department are working together on covering up for each other i soon realized things would only get worse. Yes the cooperate office has been contacted many many times. Everytime cooperate comes to McLane southern all of the management acts as if everything is just fine and nothing happens afterwards. I don't believe cooperate knows exactly whats going on. So im tired of McLane southern and im seeking better employment.
Pros
Free lunch on holidays and holiday pay.
Cons
McLane will not work with you on your schedule and i wouldn't trust the upper management.
Very physical work and long hours. If you need work there is a lot of work there.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 15, 2018
Very good company to work for. Very good benefits packages. And the pay was awesome. Management was good. Dispatch was kind all over the place( sometimes unorganized). The hardest part about the job was running up and down the ramp. The most enjoyable part were the Driver Banquettes.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Short but manageable home time.
Great job, great co-workers, great benefits, but too much office politics
Data Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHJuly 14, 2018
Peaceful the times i was working but could get hectic on occasion. i learned more about data processing and i also learned something new everyday from helping out other departments. Management there is not that great, no true experience or school to assist them with being a good leader, management could be a nightmare at times with some of the lies they would tell us to get what they wanted. i used to be proud to work there, not so much anymore. I've also reached about the highest i would like to go there in advancement. i would like to get a position with a good company that i do want to advance in. I wouldn't say that in my position that anything was really hard, the multi-tasking would have been the hardest part some days doing my job and others. The most enjoyable part of my job was the co-workers i worked with every night, they made it not such a bad place.
Pros
Floating holidays/paid vacations and sick time accumulated/benefits
Cons
Not really a family-oriented company like they proclaim
Stressful
Checker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJuly 11, 2018
Don't care about drivers treat them like they matter don't care how they send them out on loads management is a job and the job is becoming unsafe not worth losing a life
Decent Pay Poor Work Life Balance
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAJuly 10, 2018
I have been with McLane for several years now and if the company is overall not a bad place to work but due to mismanagement it now has a very poor work life balance caused by a lack of maintenance on equipment and being slow to replace employees that have left. This has left them so understaffed and the equipment in such poor shape that 12 hour days have become the normal with 14-16 hour days happening far too often.
productive yet stressful
Driver/Trainer/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 9, 2018
days were fast pace, nights were long, tiresome job, equipment updated, room for advancement, training available, demanding on eta's, fast pace work place,
Pros
free meals, rewards
Cons
always gone
love the company, no room for growth without degree
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 8, 2018
great company, You can not go further in career without BS. reviews are yearly its between 1% to 3% max for increase in pay, Great values, great 401K .
Management is no good, could make work much easier for us...
Puller (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 8, 2018
Not a place you should be for more then a year, no career move up, overwork you, super high expectations. .. fast paste work flow is good but don't treat workers all the same, abuse their authority
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
No bad energy at mclane
Candy selector (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, ALJuly 8, 2018
Definitely a good milestone in life. I learned a lot in my 5 years of working there. There is a great deal of respect for the company overall. I accomplished so much just in 5 years of being there.
Lots of hours
Temple - Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 7, 2018
You will work overtime often and the pay is fair but this is not a company that promotes inter company promotion. Managers will change often but the work environment is one that you can quickly adapt to if physical labor is OK with you.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Weird hours of work.
Customer driven
Selector/Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJuly 6, 2018
This warehouse is very customer driven. Hours aren't exactly set (you know when you clock in but have to stay till the work is done, no matter how long).
I learned selection (in all areas), stocking, and receiving.
The hardest part of the job was no set out time.
Busy
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJuly 5, 2018
Very busy atmosphere. Not a very big warehouse crew but everyone has their own responsibilities. Same as any other warehouse... Some supervisor are really good at their jobs and others not so much.
Terrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
Truck was never loaded on time but they will blow your phone up to rush you to the next stop..Management is a disgrace they are very unorganized no one knows when are where you dispatch until the last minute and BClass Drivers arenbarely making 8 hours unless the find a last minute redelivery when you are on your way out the door to go home...I don’t know about any other Mclane locations but Houston is a revolving door and I can understand why! I wouldn’t have anyone work there it’s pathetic.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss