McLane Company

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Extremely hard and labor intensive

Extremely hard and labor intensive. If you're just starting in trucking you do have an opportunity to make decent money but best believe you'll break your back doing it

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Away from family

Work till the works done = long hours

Tough place to be a manager, most employees with over 3 years will take home more per year than their manager. No work-life balance, and definitely a good ole boys club in the management staff.

Pros

Good Experience

Hardest part of the job

While working at McLane warehouse, alot of workers had quit because of the amount of cases we would have to pick by the amount of the hours. Alot of times hours shifts was long and can go over night. Starting pay is average and how fast you pick the cases is how fast you would get off of work, but if you had alot of cases then it would take you a longer time to get off.

Pros

401 benefits. Paid holiday pay, PTO time.

Cons

Short breaks, long hours, average pay.

Amazing place

If you want terrible management or to get fired for no reason what so ever please go ahead and join Mclane as they get ready to over work you and proceed to find way of making you quit by saying 7 days off cause u have been exposed to COVID and best part is you don’t get paid

Fun and flexible workplace

I absolutely loved the team I worked with. Although I worked really fast, I always found something to keep me busy. Management was always showing me new things to keep me entertained. They are very flexible with you on things you need to handle outside of work too. Unfortunately personal events caused me to have to leave but I would recommend working for the transportation department.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Maintenance Dept. is a joke

I have worked in a few factories/companies over the years but, I have never worked for a company as dis-functional as this one. The title “maintenance technician” is a joke. You mostly cut plastic off of pallets/trays as they travel around an automated conveyor system. The maintenance supervisor is by far one of the worst bosses I have ever worked for (when he’s actually there). Very easy work for not much money. A good stepping stone to move on to the real tech jobs that pay.

Pros

4-10hr shifts. Loads of vacation time

Cons

Pay. Overall dis-functional company

Great company

Great company, but very physical. If you are willing to work hard, you'll make alot. Its very interesting to learn how resturants function, you learn alot.

Pros

Pay, food, support.

Cons

Physical, long hours.

If You Want To Be Taken Advantage Of

If you want to be taken advantage of, please apply here. If not, you’re better off finding someone who appreciates your hard work. Management (aside from warehouse because they’re awesome) is an absolute joke. Outdated processes and unwilling to modernize their equipment. All management cares about is keeping their pockets full. Screw anyone and everyone below them who doesn’t kiss their a**.“You can pay me like s**t, or you can treat me like s**t. You can’t do both.”

Pros

Amazing Coworkers.

Cons

Worked through lunches, no communication, sexist

Stay away

Just stay away!!!! This Company does not value hard work. Work you 15-18 hours a day. Never enough people scheduled to work. Get a cussing from the DC Manager on a regular basis.

Cons

Pay is good, you def work for it!

Been trucking for 20 yrs. gained a good amount of weight for the first 14 yrs, so decided I needed a job with some physical activity….so foodservice it is! last 6 has been with Mclane. money is great, health is better, lost some weight, and am home everyday. With the pandemic and shortage of drivers, have been working 6 days a week but keeping it under 70 hrs. Money is there if you have goals and don’t wanna just sit and drive 11 hrs a day, I know I don’t miss that! Lol

Pros

Make over 100k, home everyday, all lift gates and electric jacks, paid to exercise

Cons

Lots of work hrs but not over 70, not for the weak

Jobs at McLane Company

See more jobs

driver

upper management rewarding bad Staff and not taking care of good staff and if you do not fit into their "little circle" then you get the worst route and no help. they talk down to you and write you up for stupid stuff. and they do have an AI system in their trucks if you spend to much time looking at a mirror 3 sec it tell them.

Pros

hotels, healthcare

Cons

management, AI camera system.

Used to make more than most..... But now, everyone has caught up to our ur pay

I used to get paid more than most people I knew. That has since changed, as other jobs have increased pay, while McLane has kept drivers pay stagnant.

Benefits

Cons

Long days

Overworked and underpaid.

They expect you to work long hours driving and delivering basically no sleep. It’s a team driver but both drivers are awake and deliver together cause one man can’t unload the truck by himself.

Pros

Days of

Cons

Sleep deprivation

You work hard for little benfits

Not allowed to take time off even if its paid because you will get a write up. And if you take anytime off you get a write up. If you have ti go to the hospital, you get a write up. If you get hurt on the job it's your fault and you get a write up.

Pros

Free Candy

Cons

Too strict on everything

Shuttle driver

McLane has a fleet of trucks and you share with other drivers. At the end of my shift, I fueled the truck, washed the bugs off the windshield, threw out my trash, and made sure Def was good. The next day when I opened the truck for work. It smelled like cigarette smoke ( zero tolerance smoking policy), trash in the cup holders and floor, windshield full of bugs, and the fuel was under a quarter tank of fuel.Management won't do anything and told me that I had to deal with it. Nope.... after two years of that, and other Management and inboard camera issues I left.

Long hours ,easy work,good pay

The hours are long yes ,but the work is self explanatory and simple.and the pay is really good for what you are doing ,its all about how much time your willing to put in.the more hours worked the better the paycheck and the benefits are really good as well ;) every work place has it quirks,if you just do what you are there to do no problems.

Pros

Good pay, paid time off, climate controlled facility

Cons

Crowded, long hours, like a highschool

Top notch professional corporation. Clear objective and fair promotion process.

Great company. Great leadership. Great Manager. The organization is a great corporate environment and the leader in the industry in grocery supply chain management.

Good pay

Very good pay. Can be very physically demanding. Hrs are not good. U work all different hrs of the day. The dispatch times are late alot. You will start on the extra board and have to call in everyday to see if u have a run. Basically all runs are with another driver and take around 16-24. Sometimes more sometimes less.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Working hrs/loads not ready on time

The pay and benefits aren't bad, otherwise steer clear

The pay and benefits are decent, but as far as the management is concerned, it's awful. Between the incompetence and lack of actual concern for the employees, it's hard to say which is worse. Every year there, the policies change and stack against the best interest of the employee more and more. In short, I do not recommend working for this company, it's not worth it! It's not what it once was by any means

Pros

Money, benefits

Cons

Poor management, high stress levels, poor work/life balance

not a good place to work ( rocky mount dc #1 )

they suck with managment and they dont know how to treat there drivers right . they want you to get a 10 hour reset in the truck instead if being at home

Hard work, Great Company/Compensation

I drove truck at Pepsi for 9 years before starting at McLane. Hard work, but they are good at keeping pay and incentives competitive. Once you get through your first year, there are regular bonuses for taking extra loads. Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance

Pros

great pay and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McLane Company.
Powered byComparably