McLane Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,144 reviews matching the search See all 1,265 reviews
Stocker/Selector (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 20, 2018
As long as everyone helped, things ran smoothly. McLane would be a great place to work if manager would treat everyone the same. There is too much favoritism and they do no hide it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management Bias and plays favoritism
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJMay 19, 2018
This is a good company to work for if your a single person with no life! They hire you and expect you to be on call 24/7, so don’t make family plans. All night work for drivers. Dispatch starts at 12 noon for Virginia routes, the rest vary. You won’t get a route for at least a year or more so you’ll be the call out guy. Covering routes for people calling out or on vacation. The money is good but when you’re not seeing your family, not good for me!
Pros
Money 💰
Cons
Nights and no set schedule
Where do i begin???
Qa/Qc loader (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 17, 2018
The management is by far the worst thing here at this place. They don't have set hours for when you leave. They also don't know how to properly run this warehouse. They pay decent but for the type of work should be more. The benefits are the best thing.
Productivity
Selector /Fork lift driver (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 17, 2018
The job is physical labor but the employees are useful and can guide you day by day assessments. The people are great but the work load is divided based on how fast you select.
Productive fast paste
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Battleboro, NCMay 16, 2018
Mclane is a fast paste work place. You have to stay on your ps and qs when it comes to your work. Not only are you working for mclanes but you are also working for the customer to make sure they get the right product and get it on time.
Pros
the benfits and pay
Cons
the hours long days
Workplace with nursing area
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 16, 2018
Increase in Annual Salary.
Some free luncheons.
Vacation Pays
Payment holidays.
Payment of university studies.
Dental insurance
Vision Insurance
Health Insurance
Pros
Free Lunches
Great pay but HORRIBLE management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant WisconsinMay 15, 2018
I’m a current driver with over 14yrs of Foodservice experience. If you wanna make a lot of money FAST then McLane is the please. It’s very hard work and to make over 100k you sacrifice family time you can also kiss your weekends goodbye. Also management only cares about the route going out. They don’t care about your problems. They will lie to you and tell you whatever it takes for you to commit to a route. I’m cool with this because I’m getting paid.
Pros
Tons of money
Cons
Horrible management.
I wish I never left
Help Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time working with McLane Company (MHO). There was definitely room for growth and advancement. McLane was very involved with the community and it’s employees (Children’s Mircale Network, Veteran’s Day luncheon, photo contest, chili cook off, etc...) Recognition was given when is was due. Pay/benefits were nice. As far as management, they weren’t bad — Open and willing to help as needed. If I could rewind, I would have stayed a little longer.
Pros
Benefits and work/life balance
Cons
Leaving the company
Terrible Management, unsafe working environment, and a bunch of racists(Rocky Mount Division)
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Mclane CarolinaMay 8, 2018
RUN!!! RUN far far away. Mclane company as a whole is a very good company to work for but Rocky Mount division is a total dump. Very unsafe working environment.. If you are lazy and have no pride....great job for you because then you would fit right in.
Cons
Hard working group of people
HR / Safety & Compliance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 8, 2018
Very fast paced - little to no training - learned on the job. The hardest part of the job was juggling the responsibility of both the HR and Compliance positions..
es muy buena compañia
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 8, 2018
A prendi muchas cosas es una compañía que paga muy bien extraño trabajar con mis compañeros.
Love it
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 7, 2018
Great opportunity to learn and grow it was an opportunity to train and gets experience provide for my family Build and Grow financially and it opened up other doors for future opportunities
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
Gone always
Fast paced warehouse work enviroment with long hours
Warehouse Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 2, 2018
The company overall is great company to work for. The pay varies depending on your specific job and location. It is comparable to other jobs of the same type in the area. The benefits are great as well. the only downside is that there isn't much room for advancement without at least a Bachelors Degree.
Pros
Health Benifiets
Cons
No room for advancement for warehouse workers.
Excellent Benefits
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 2, 2018
Fast pace workplace with potential for growth. Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, and a 401K match. On one occasion my 3% contribution was doubled 2 to 1.
Pros
401k match
Work envirnment
Shipping Clerk/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 1, 2018
Mclane is a fast paced work place. They desire speed and accuracy. This makes the days go by fast. Most of the time you will meet to greatest people. My facility is shutting down and I will greatly miss my fellow teammates!
Challenging and rewarding
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 1, 2018
McLane is a company that offers employees the opportunity to grow with the organization from entry level to senior level management. The work was hard but rewarding.
Pros
Pro employee
good place to work
Driver Specialist/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJ 08016May 1, 2018
General delivery duties on a typical day include driving to your designated route area and delivering all products to your store .
making sure deliveries are accurate and on time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
phycical work
Long work hours
Selector II (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 30, 2018
Mclanes works you until you cant work anymore. You never know what time your getting off. Its not a job for anyone who has kids or a family. Or a very busy lifestyle. They work you like slaves.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
long hours, short breaks, never know when your getting off
work
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 29, 2018
Its a warehouse. Come in, unload trucks, verify inventory and put it away. Clean the isles, clean your area, work with forklifts. Work with wonderful people, but Management is lacking.
McLane closed my customer service department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 22, 2018
I built up great relationships with our external Customers, and the internal customers with two McLane divisions.. Every day was someone/ something different to assist them on; so I can honestly say I never had time to be bored. Multitasking was a constant. I enjoyed knowing that I really did help a lot of people over the years.
Pros
There are alot of good, hardworking people in the office and the warehouse.
Cons
Merit pay does not really exist.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss