McLaren Oakland Employee Reviews

good oppertunities to work.very friendly place.
staff ct tech (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 4, 2018
good place to work and learn, teaching hospital.doctors, nurses all of them are very helpful.you get alnog pretty much with everyone.in my case i feel lucky to have a good supervisor and management to talk to any kind of issues.
Cooperative Workplace
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIFebruary 26, 2018
Employees work together very well, help each other out when needed and felt like a family. Some shifts are very busy and some are slow depending on admissions, transfers and discharges.
Corrupt company.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIJanuary 31, 2018
Working here was a nightmare. Never have I ever worked somewhere that not only abused the fact that their employees will go above and beyond to make the patients happy, and over work them in multiple positions for MONTHS on end, but also made those same employees feel like they are walking on eggshells. You get reprimanded for every little thing. In the office, they can't seem to hire anyone to work must needed positions, but rest assured... They have the budget to hire a SECOND manager. They don't care about patient satisfaction or care.
Productive and team work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIJanuary 25, 2018
always learning new things and you will always be ready for the next level of learning. great staff even we are all so busy we try to help each other no matter what .
Pros
great people
Poor management in outpatient pharmacy
Former outpatient pharmacy employee (Former Employee) –  Michigan, pontiacJanuary 19, 2018
Mclaren overall was ok. Very very poor management in outpatient pharmacy. Andrea Carthan. Smile in your face stab in your back. Very childish women. Sad
Pros
Loved my co- workers
Cons
Poor management
I enjoy working with them so much
Breast Health and Cancer Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 19, 2018
I only left because it was a contract and not enough hours plus no benefits as a contractor but the people I work with were super nice and I have a so much respect for the work they do. I wish the best for this foundation and they can always count on me as a volunteer.
Pros
Love the job
Cons
Contractor dont get any benefits or good hours
Learning through it.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 8, 2018
Starting at McLaren was a little rocky with the management being short staffed but i did teach me that being self productive is very important. Once we were fully staffed they took the time to individually train and make sure we understood how to do our jobs. Fun place of work.
Here you are just a number . . .
Receptionist/Registration (Former Employee) –  Oakland County, MIDecember 30, 2017
Senior management makes many promises but does not deliver. They continue to make excuses why we cannot get raises, however CEO's collect huge bonuses. HR likes to see you fail. They deliver life changing information (i.e., your medical benefits are now going to cost you double because we underestimated the cost and it's effective immediately) and then say, "be glad you don't have to pay it back for the years we messed up on". Think twice before considering Mclaren. I was very disappointed. Glad to be moving on . .
Pros
Work-life/home life balance
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Poor morale
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIDecember 29, 2017
Lack of support from administrators. Poor communication through out organization. Only time you would hear from or see mangers is regarding negative. Unsafe nurse to patient ratio. Low pay scale compared to other local hospitals.
Management is awful and unprofessional!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MIDecember 18, 2017
They hire inexperienced people for management and they treat employees awful! Wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for this company! They don’t have your back !
Pros
Cons
Loved the staff I worked with that’s it
nice working environment
Pharmacy Technician/ Pharmacist intern (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIDecember 18, 2017
nice coworkers, good management and "quick-paced", not overwhelmed, work load. diverse culture of workplace, various learning opportunities and good working environment
Allows for career advancement.
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MI 48341October 23, 2017
Mclaren offers an environment that allows for advancement. Peers and administration work well together. Many opportunities for employee engagement are provided.
i would not recommend this hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIOctober 21, 2017
I would work on a medical surgical floor, I would have 6 high acuity patients. The staff on the floor would include, RN, unit secretary and CNA. The CNA would be no where to be found. the RN would be by herself, with no help. Residents/Attendings would not come down when called. I would not be able to leave for lunch, or have a break. sometimes I would not be able to eat until 530 pm and I would be off work at 7:00. the environment was unsafe,
Pros
i was awarded the Daisy award, the patients
Cons
patient satsifactory was more important than patient care
Good while it lasted
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MIOctober 18, 2017
10 hour days were nice, small lab supporting an ER and Specialty Doctor. Facility is now closed and some of the staff were sent to a new location which I have never seen.
Pros
Coworkers, actual windows looking out over a wooded area
Cons
closed and sent elsewhere
I truly enjoyed my time at Mclaren
Medical Assistant/Receptionist/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MIOctober 12, 2017
This office was very good to work for. Everyone helped out and pitched in where they were needed. I like the atmosphere and the people who worked there. I only left because the home we were going to purchase,the people backed out I needed a job closer to home. I should have stayed but it was a lengthy drive for me and didn't know when another home in the area would come along.
Pros
Very compassionate and caring office
poorly managed
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIOctober 9, 2017
I really loved the people I worked with at McLaren Oakland. It was a great crew, but very poorly managed. I had hoped to go back when the management changed, maybe I still could, I don't know.
Good place to work, can use improvement
Person (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 23, 2017
Not too bad of a place to work. They could use some new techniques for managers. Some people are in positions with out proper qualifications. Needs updating on the business.
wouldnt recommened
Supervisor Robert Pickup # (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 6, 2017
poor management, bad pay, mind numbing work, no room for advancement. very depressing, slow, work environment. lots of hours trying to stay busy, staring at the clock or sitting in a dark ROOM.... After 9 years of employment i feel like its ruined my career
Emergency RN
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIAugust 26, 2017
Great place to work. Patient ratio is great, and most co workers are quick to work together during busy ER times and for acute patients. Doctor's are approachable, knowledgeable and easy to work with. Management is great with scheduling, always flexible, and actually come in and take patients when we are short staffed .
Pros
Scheduling flexibility, and great nurse/ patient ratio
Cons
Sometimes hard to get OT
Company is always looking for ways to improve in patient services
Medical Assistant/Receptionist/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIAugust 22, 2017
Company is looking for ways to better their patient services. Help locate community services for patients in need. Physicians are their for there patients its not a job its a life choice for them they care about there patients health over anything. Very attentive physicians and medical staff.