McLaren Oakland Employee Review

View all McLaren Oakland reviews

fun place to work ,very family oriented
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 19, 2013
typically had 6 rooms running from 07:00 - 23:30 with cases going from : Ortho,Podiatry,General,Vascular,Urology,Gyne,Neuro and newer Robotic.averaging 16-32 cases/day.. Very fast moving pace.I Iearned to trust and work closely with my coworkers.We always pitched in to help each other.
I learned that it was unity that made all of us strive.It was everyone's job.It was team work.
Management was fair,understanding and hands on.Open door policy.
My coworkers in general were also friends at times felt like second family.We had fun together in and out of the hospital.we were there for each other in time of need.
The hardest part of the job was the unpredictableness of the the call nights.On a summer weekend night or holiday you may end up with 3-4 gun shot wounds victims,and some car accidents.Sometimes we were so short of staffing but we learned to cover those shifts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to see how many patients got well, Also getting to work and feeling that you were among family was simply superb.I loved my job.
Pros
We got along well, Management was wonderful, team work excellent
Cons
Short of staff most of the time, unable to go on vacation with your family.

Other McLaren Oakland Employee Reviews

good oppertunities to work.very friendly place.
staff ct tech (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 4, 2018
good place to work and learn, teaching hospital.doctors, nurses all of them are very helpful.you get alnog pretty much with everyone.in my case i feel lucky to have a good supervisor and management to talk to any kind of issues.
good job
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMarch 27, 2018
Good company to work for. Friendly environment. Clean facility. Nice cafeteria. Free parking to employees. Large Hospital. Good place to learn ans grow.