McLarty Automotive Group

McLarty Automotive Group Employee Reviews

United States15 reviews
False promises
McLarty automotive recruited me from the state of California to move to Columbia Missouri and take my daughters out of school to move them across country. The promise was a specific pay plan and to become general manager of my own store. The promotion never happened even though the store was performing at very high numbers. I was eventually fired for defending the employees and their families during this coronavirus situation
Great place to work!
I've worked with McLarty Auto Group since 2016 and they have been an excellent organization to work for. Great people and a great work atmosphere. They believe in taking care of employees and customers.
Good environment, management needs improvement
Pay, hours, vacation, Holiday time, benefits all amazing. The owner is family oriented and great. Management needs improvement, too many cliques, too much favoritism, too much friends instead of boss and employees relations.
Unorganized mess
Management doesn't care about the workers so long as it looks good from outside. Fake people being fake is all I saw while I was employed there. I was relieved when I turned in my set of keys and haven't looked back yet!
,Productive work ?
It was too competitive for me. They didn’t train me , just threw me out there and expected me to know everything. I just didn’t like how they “ trained “ me.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Training
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
You'll learn about yourself
You'll learn about what you're made of. Selling cars is like doing a trapeze act with no net. You have to sell and work to eat. You have to be creative and appeal to more than your natural demographic. People who can only relate to their natural demographic won't do well. If you can appeal to a wide range of individuals you'll do well. As long as you know your product and how it compares to the competition. Mastering social media is key because over 80% of consumers use the internet to decide on what vehicle they want. So they're looking for a salesman they can trust. If you can emote that through social media you'll do well. But like anything else, if you came for a Black Mustang, and you see a Red Mercedes that still in your price range your customer may be open to it. All in all, it's long days if you don't get in there and grind and do what it takes to be successful. You can have a great schedule if you sell. Guys who sell and make the company money have perks. You have to figure out how to be one of those guys. You have to work for everything you get. There are "cheese" deals but those go to guys who have cultivated relationships with their management staff and have also DISPLAYED the ability to get a high CSI score. If your CSI is low you won't make a lot of money in the long term because you didn't provide an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Great opportunity to make money, discovering your faults and fixing them
Cons
Days can be long.
Poor management
The work is not hard and the hours are great. On the other hand, management is very poor and there is little room for advancement. Everyone is related some how or close friends pryer to working for Mclarty Honda so there's a lot of favoritism as well as discremination going on at the Honda location.
Pros
The hours are great
Cons
Poor management, a lot of favoritism and discrimination going on
Its fun selling cars!
Only bad part is the income compensation. They should at least pay a sales person for their hours worked ON TOP OF the commission you earn. I enjoy the freedom they give you...as long as you are selling cars they do not bother you!
Pros
Lunch provided on Saturday, Xmas bonus
Cons
Long hours, up and down pay
Gave me a chance to grow and work to my very best every day. Needs to continue to grow and keep the best people possible. The car business is a tough career but they are a very good company and understand good people make great companies.
Terrible management with no career advancements
Management is completely not helpful, if you have questions or need something approved you have to beg and beg until they finally get it done. Major issues that require their input sit on the backburner for weeks at a time, and they play favorites at their dealerships, leaving the customers and stores they dislike to suffer hindering their business.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Outstanding Workplace
This is a company that really cares about their employees' well-being and advancement potential.

Work-life balance is very important and they strive hard to make sure no one gets burned out.
Unlimited Income Opportunities
Columbia Honda is the best dealership I've ever worked for. Very transparent and honest management staff. They care about their employees as well as their customers.
Pros
Income Opportunity
thanks mclarty
Great and freindly environment .Great companyto work for. i learned alot from being an employee . fun palce to work . great time. really nice people..
Layed back and fun but full of work
I've learned all kinds of things here. I am only a lube tech but yet on our slow days I love to help the main line techs with whatever they are working on. I have Amway had a passion for working on cars and to when I'm under the hood of a vehicle I'm not working, I'm learning and having fun!
Pros
Always learning
Cons
There arent any that i can think of
Great place
Great place to work the hours are long buy well compensated open door policy with owner will listen to what you have to say pay plan for salespeople is crazy good just have to fight ton of dalespeople