McLendon Hardware Employee Review

View all McLendon Hardware reviews

Dedicated, fun place to be able to advance
Zone Manager (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 17, 2013
Mclendon Hardware is a place to grow. They teach you the retail skills to advance in the company. They are constantly teaching to help you better grow with the company. They are caring and dedicated to their employees. I started out as a cashier and within 6 months I was put into their Management Training Program. I have worked in several departments throughout the store, gaining knowledge everyday. Although rewarding at times, I feel the hardest part of the job was handling difficult situations with customers. At the same time, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers and other team members.
Pros
Advancment, customers, knowledge
Cons
Long hours, at times, commute.

Other McLendon Hardware Employee Reviews

Flexible is the key
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 2, 2018
I really like McLendon Hardware and the people I work with. Management cares! The company has some good people working for it at my store. A part-timer will get at least 20 hours, and covets the rare full-time positions. The pay is okay -- or maybe that's because Tacoma has a citywide minimum wage higher than the state wage -- but the number of hours available after the holiday rush until spring planting and warm-weather projects start still leaves you needing more.
The corporate culture among the employees remains the same after the April 2017 purchase, and the McLendon family still runs the chain, but when you look closely you do start to see the minor differences that came with the purchase, since the corporate overlord has its own suppliers... the store best known for having everything has removed a few things it always had before. But I don't believe anyone who says the experience of working there has changed.
Pros
Lots of training, great people, caring management, fun environment.
Cons
Low hours, random schedule, some technical trainings take months to be scheduled/given.
The place sold in April, and everything went downhill.
Sales ass9ciate (Former Employee) –  TacomsDecember 7, 2017
Just stay to yourself and it will be almodt OK to work here.
Staff is full of kids who either dont work, or stink due to poor hygiene.

Customers are great. Older staff is great.
Managers have no idea about hardware.
They got rid of all the knowledgeable ones.
All the best staff was either fired or quit.
Dont work here. The culture is dead, and the upper echelon of the family are takkng the money and running...
May as well go to work for Home Depot, becausecthat is all they will have here very soon.
The zone masngers are all Home Depot refugees.
The store manager is more worried about his job than your's.
I for one will never go back into this joke of a company.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Condescending, no nothing msnagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLendon Hardware. Our community is ready to answer.