Mcleod Health Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to work
RN Employee Health Compliance Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 12, 2019
Excellent place to work with great benefits. Plenty of opportunities for advancement. Daycare available but long waiting list. Currently seeking Magnet status. Very engaged with employees.
Morning starts with coffee
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 7, 2019
Huddles in the morning on news and information. Check emails and return messages. Greet vendors and place orders if need to. Check Director's calendar and prepare and remind. The hardest job was juggling the schedule and filling areas from call outs. Staff great to work with. Planning activities for staff. Uplifting and motivating staff. Working the bed board and getting staff to clean rooms in a timely manner.
Employee not treated equal
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Loris, SCFebruary 7, 2019
Give 25 years to this company and a medical reaction drug reaction and McLeod denied you getting unemployment told that I voluntary retired didn't help in any way for the pain and suffering I indure. Drug reaction administer at there hospital and a 25 years employee but they have foundation funds help community and patient but offer an employee no help is this company you think treats employee like family I don't think so.
Leadership Practices "Do As I Say But Not As I Do"
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 1, 2019
McLeod Health could be a great place to work. The front line care givers are amazing, despite the daily obstacles they face with an older generation of leaders who are out of touch with even the most basic principles of quality health care. Look around at 5 pm and you will find none of them around. Not one. In order to be in a leadership role you have to be able to quote the organization's core values and talk about their importance; however it is not a requirement to live them. What looks good on paper is what matters, not the real struggles and challenges that are the reality.
Pros
Great Co-workers, teamwork, and compassion on the front line
Cons
Authoritative Leaders, Overworked staff, Concerns are ignored.
no empathy inregards to personal issues
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 1, 2019
The pay isn't good, you have to choose your job over your health and your families health. There is poor management in the department and they don't appreciate their staff
Enjoy my job at Mcleod
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 29, 2019
I have learned a lot at Mcleod and would just like to explore other options with higher pay . I would like to get into more of a management position or supervisor
Desires of patients
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 24, 2019
Being able to honor the desires and wishes of the patients who were firm in their beliefs. Helping to assist physicians with specific orders for a special population of patients.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 23, 2019
Helping others is something that i love to do. Knowing that i can be apart of such a great team with good work ethics. Assisting people from different back grounds was a great experience.
Mcleod
Ashley Gaskin, Director (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 21, 2019
I enjoy working for McLeod Health. With the job that I have there, there isn't any opportunity in advancing into a higher positions there. My overall a nice job
does not treat employee fairly
Clerical Associate II (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 17, 2019
office manager does not treat employees fairly and does not help not a team player for work environment. Does not let people advance or learn new things to help company and patients. Does not meet patients needs and takes forever to get any test done.
Pros
Cons
not treated fairly
Excellence beyond Boundaries
PICC Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 15, 2019
McLeod Health has been a great place to work. They provide quality medical care to patients in this region. I work under the Heart Vascular Institute. I would recommend McLeod Health to anyone requiring healthcare in this area.
Pros
McLeod provides a safe environment for patients and employees.
Cons
I do not get all my hours.
Working at McLeod Health in Florence, SC
Executive Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 10, 2019
I started out in Service Excellence at McLeod Health and was able to advance to Executive Secretary II. Leadership at McLeod cares not only about patients but also cares about its employees. I would highly recommend working at McLeod Health!
Pros
Great work/family life balance
Cons
None from my viewpoint.
McLeod Health
Director of Engineering(Loris) (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 4, 2019
A typical work day for a director is having a few meetings and answering emails. One thing that I've learned is how to put the patient first and ensure they have the best experience possible. Hardest part of the job is seeing someone pass.
Hard Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 3, 2019
Hard place to work especially when management doesn't appreciate what you do and give you recognition right before you place you 2 week notice. Recommended only of the money.
Pros
employment
Cons
Management not for staff!!!!
Enjoyable
REGISTRATION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCDecember 20, 2018
i thoroughly enjoyed my time at McLeod. I left to help my daughter who was in the military and she was newly married and pregnant.her husband had just got deployed and she was in a strange town alone. I didn't think I would be gone this long, but before I left, we were just getting a pay increase. So eventhough I enjoyed working there before the raise, I would've really enjoyed working there afterwards.
Pros
Community Service Programs
Cons
Irate patients
Decent place to work
Retail & Catering Operations Mgr. /Chef (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 18, 2018
Short staffed in a 500+ bed hospital. Expected to staff 1,2, & 3rd shifts plus rotating weekends with 12 cooks!!! I am good, but that is simply impossible, not to mention call-outs, requests off, etc.
Pros
great pay, benefits etc
Cons
long hours, short staffing
Na
Contracted Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 13, 2018
Maybe because at the time I was a contracted nurse..the staff was very unfair to me. they would give me more patients than the other staff nurses. they would float me to other units in the middle of the shift
Great opportunities
Laundry technician (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 27, 2018
Stressful job. Very demanding on me mentally and physically but rewarding because my job is important to ensuring patients receive top care. Very fast paced.
Pros
Can use badge for payroll deduction for McLeod pharmacy
Cons
Very short breaks if any
Learning experience
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC 29501November 15, 2018
This was different from the type of employment I was used to. I gain knowledge and learned to adjust to the variety McLeod offered. The people were great to work with and I remain friends with a few of them.
What a joke
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Little River, SCOctober 22, 2018
If you want to be paid less and expected to do more than this is the place for you. Not a single person on the administrative side has any integrity, very unfortunate that others cannot see how this place works behind the scenes. Federal funding to this institution should be highly scrutinized.
Pros
Was able to go home every night.
Cons
Not paid driving mileage. No sense of direction. Threatened dailiy by coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mcleod Health. Our community is ready to answer.