Mcleod Health
66Average

Mcleod Health Employee Reviews

United States384 reviews
Pre-Reg Rep
Working at Mcleod has been a good experience for me so far. The training process was very long and I wish it would have been more hands on so I wouldn't have had so many questions when they took me out of training. The work environment is good, but I don't like asking questions when I have them because people don't always seem happy to answer and it makes me feel stuck. It kind of intimidating at times but I'm sticking it out and willing to learn more and more to become a better employee. I would like to grow with this company and gain as much knowledge and experience as I can.
run as fast as you can
Management was mediocre at best. They do not care about you as an employee. You are just there to help their ratios. My coworkers were great, except a few of them. Bullying is real on the floors and management does absolutely nothing about it.
Happy volunteer
Great work place! Kind people Excellent experience Continue to work there Leadership was kind and supportive Thank you for allowing me to review
Good work place and room for advancement
Loved working there and great staff! Learned a lot and kept busy most of time! Good employee perks and benefits are great! Loved long weekend off every other week!
love to go back to work everyday at McLeod Regional Hospital.
It is an excellent place to work for very pleasant staff who are very helpful at all times.
Pay is very competitive.

Colleagues are very supportive and so are the specialists.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
They were starting to make some key management changes that have helped.
Since leaving, I know that there has been some managemnet changes that have made it a better place to work.I enjoyed the people that i worked around. Living in the Florence area was great, small community close to the beach.
Helpful and productive work environment
McLeod is a great place to work. I feel very included and the staff is very helpful and kind. The pay s decent, it could be a little better. I am able to create my schedule because i am also in school.
All about public perception
Training for new position was scattered haphazard and confusing. One day they want things this way the next a different way and you get put down. Management is all about managment and trying to look good to the upper tier. And will blindside stab or steamroll the subordinates if they can make themselves look good or get want THEY want. Worked several hospitals in my career and I woul put this one on the Bottom!
I am proud to be a Mcleod employee!
I am very thankful for my job and my coworkers. It feels like we are family. I enjoy helping patients. Mcleod is a wonderful place to work. My manager is very fair and dependable. If she tells you that she will do something, you can bank in it!
Great Company
Great company hands down great people and family / great culture core value was community driven great recruiter HR personnel and Vice President that works beside staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mcleod Health?
They are a horrible company to work for I thought very highly of them they are very prejudice. They only praise the administration everyone else is nothing to them I hate k ever work for them that was the worst job ever. Don't go there to work
Flexible working hours, works as a team, happy to have you as a team member. Guaranteed 40 hours a week. I love it here. Happy employees, shift differential available as well as pto whenever u need time off.
Pros
happiness
Cons
low census once in awhile
Good opportunity to practice PT with orthopedic cases
You have an opportunity to practice acute and subacute knee, hip and shoulder conditions daily. They are good with micromanagement when you have deficiencies. I would rate fair with work satisfaction and work atmosphere
Great organization to work for
Overall this is a great organization. McLeod offers opportunities for growth and career development. The staff is friendly and professional. The managers that I have had the chance to work with are very helpful and willing to assist in my career development.
Intentions are good
The way the system carried out initiatives showed a lack of skills (communication, leadership, and integrity). Once a mistake was realized, it was glazed over without any accountability or recovery.

The values were understood and carried out.

It was great, for me, to see an organization where leaders prayed.
McLeod Health
McLeod Health is one Florence largest employer. McLeod excellence is to provide quality care to patients. Patients are the number one priority. Service excellence!
Mcleod
Really loved the people I work for, good benefits. Work oncology and my heart just can’t handle patients not getting any better and going home so that job wasn’t for me
it was a very experiencing work place
The most enjoyable part of the job was the smile on the patients.
The hardest part of the job was working with ungrateful management.

I learned a lot of helpful information.
Only good experiences do fast at work.
It's a large company with a lot of employee's. That being said I haven't experienced any non appreciated work. Management seems approachable and higher ups are friendly as well.
Managers show favoritism
Alot of work on your desk, managers dont really care employee only advancing themselves. Alot of passing the buck and blaming others. Need kind and fair managers. Alot of unhappy employees.
The perfect example of a racist company
The higher ups do a very good job of being covertly manipulative and racist. They lie and create cliques and even if you give your all and do a good job, they will still find some messed up narcissistic way to make you feel like you aren't giving enough. Not to mention, the entitlement these people have is unbelievable. People complain and write reviews and nothing ever gets done. These employers are absolutely terrible, and I don't say that lightly. They have to keep hiring new people because apparently the same things they do to us now has been happening since this place was first founded. Apply at your own risk. They will waste your energy and your world will be darker because of them.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mcleod Health. Our community is ready to answer.