Mcleod Health

Clear
3.6Pay & Benefits

patienthospitalnursedepartmentmedicalnursingstaffcare

Busy clinics

doctors were nice to work for, needed more employees to help in the office(s). was able to learn a lot on the job, however, pay at the beginning was at a PRN level and then finally received a raise a few years later. best thing about being PRN was making my own hours but was told I had to make a choice to become full time, and I could not do that unfortunately… and then found out after I left, there were other people that left the office as well, including my supervisor…

Not what it’s made out to be

Mcleod does not pay its employees well at all. You can work your butt off and only receive a .10 raise! It doesn’t matter how much experience you have if your manager doesn’t want you to grow they will stop you from moving to another department.

Mcleod Health insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Great teamwork

Great teamwork. Great bosses. Opportunities to advance and learn new job skills. In my time with the company, I seen alot of changes, but there was always encouragement and support from the Doctors as well as management and staff.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks

Over worked under paid company needs to increase pay due to the cost of living employees of this company should get more employee discounts besides the cafeteria

Fun place to work

Enjoyable place to work. Great staff. Staff worked well together. Patient focused care. Pay was average. Management was wonderful and supportive. Benefits are good.

I enjoy the work I do but it's very busy

The work is good but a lot of learning various departments for pay that should inquire more. Overall a good place to work. Moving up I feel like depends on who you know.

Pros

No micromanagement

Cons

Pay could be better

Good place

Good place but wish we could get longer breaks and more incentive to perform well. Management could be more supportive of staff nurses over all but it's an okay place

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Short breaks

Low Pay

I like working here all except for the unreasonable expectations, low pay and favoritism. None of the usually last minute policy changes are in writing. The manager just runs around the office and tells everyone. It feels like an unorganized mess at times.

Pros

Nice coworkers

Cons

No Holiday pay, PTO pay is less than regular pay

Look elsewhere

Poorly structured organization and very disorganized lack good people leaders. No growth opportunities pay and benefits need improvement. Been that way for decades.

Pros

Cons

High turnover low morale worker burnout unequal pay

Great place to work at

My time here was good, the pay was okay, work/life balance was also pretty good, overall it was a good experience with good people. And you will learn a lot

Pay too low

The pay is too low there is not enough work to do would not recommend as pay is too low there is not enough to do just meeting character requirements at this point

It’s ok

The pay can be better. Stress level are high. Definitely not patient centered care. Management is great. Long hours with lots of overtime. Had to go to Florence for training.

Okay employer, not very advanced practice provider friendly.

Overall not a terrible employer, just not APP friendly. HR is often not responsive. Credentialing department is great! Management tries to turn the tables around when you ask for fair compensation. Continually stack onto your to-do list without increasing your compensation. This seems to be the case for all of the advanced practice providers that work at this establishment, not just in my case. Several of my colleagues have left for a more APP friendly workplace.

Pros

Good benefits (insurance / 401K)

Cons

short / no breaks, continue to add things to your to do list without increasing compensation

It is a decent place to work

Good place to work. PTO comes in handy. Very short staffed. It would be better if more people came to work. Management didn’t care about night shift.

Good company

Decent place to work. I didn’t work there long tho, benefits were good, people were nice and some helpful some not (comes with any job). Left for personal reasons.

Negative environment, negative gossip, no time to decompress from all the stress

The title sums it up. The company needs to invest in properly training staff. It all starts from the top. When you have poor management with poor leadership skills, no communication skills, organizational skills that could only work in a small company’s office, and no teamwork or team building training you end up with what is burying the department. I cannot speak enough about leadership and again how providers don’t seem to have proper training in that area either. Ownership is lacking and absolutely no abiding by any of the standards that this organization pretends to praise and hold high standards towards. Confrontational, unprofessional, undermining, unethical and no sense of work life balance. You will work hard and it’s all for nothing. You are not appreciated and the environment is so negative it makes you think why you drive your car there to be drained of every ounce of good in your soul. HR in this company will not help you when you seek help. It’s disappointing!

Pros

That you’re off Saturday and Sunday

Cons

No break, negativity, no appreciation, non clinical micromanage w/no concept how damaging/not in patients best interest

I love what I do and the people I work with. McLeod Health is a great place to work. Great benefits and salary ranges. Managemnt really cares about employees and improving their skills. They want you to succeed.

Pros

Opportunity for career advancement

Fast paced, fair wages

I really enjoyed my job here. Great pay and benefits and plenty of room to grow. The only draw back is work life balance. They can be very strict about days off. Not very understanding of sick kids/sick days. Overall, I honestly loved working here.

Pros

Great pay, benefits

Cons

Short breaks, hard to get days off

Enjoy the family feel.

Overall I enjoy working for McLeod as a whole. Benefits and incentives are good. The pay is low if you work in the hospital, outpatient clinics are paid slightly more. However, office organization is an afterthought ( in some offices). Management is not proactive, only reactive. Training is minimal after orientation. Staff are often left to figure it out as they go. High turnover rate, which leaves current employees constantly understaffed. 8 out of 10

Pros

Free rep lunches, convient/ flexible schedule

Cons

30 minute lunch break; understaffed; low pay

Pay

The benefits are ok however the pay is terrible for clerical/ administrative staff. Inflexible on time off.... Management seems to be more about seniority than actual administrative talent.

Pros

Lunch On Campus

Cons

Pay, Inflexible about time off

The sense of community

A good company to work for but they do not like to pay you for your worth. Also, the amount of disrespect they allow their employees to be subject to is horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mcleod Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Mcleod Health with

• Mcleod Health
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?