McMenamins Employee Reviews for Line Cook

Great Benefit with fun work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 16, 2018
The work place have a lot great benefits to use and offer free hotel room for a night at Edgefield. I learned a lot from coworkers about cooking and doing dishes in quicker way.
Great community, they take care of you
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Forest Grove, OROctober 12, 2017
Working at McMenamins is a blast. It was my first real job, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The crew is great, and you can tell everybody is close. If you want the opposite of a desk job, this is the place.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Can get overwhelming
Fun fastpaced, high volume
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 4, 2017
It all depends on which location your working at. They all different. And treat there employees differently. And the work volume varies too. I love the lacation that im at but have worked at some that i almost walked out of.
Worst company to work for
Line Cook/Assistant Kitchen Manger (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORSeptember 21, 2017
I got fired for taking one sick day in over 4 years of working for this company. It took me 3 months to get unemployment but I won because I had plenty of evidence that I had called into my manager the day before and they tried to deny it. Phone records are great! They will throw you under the bus and do not generally care about their employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not much room for advancement if you are female and BOH.
Hectic work enviornment
Line-cook (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMay 8, 2017
if you like VERY face paced work with a lot of labor and long hours then this place is home, Management does need improvement and schedules are often a mystery with only a starting time and then a question mark for when your shift is over. But it really isn't all that bad, if you enjoy a challenge and good food then this is the place for you, everyone who is there is very proud and invested in their work and job and it definitely shows
Pros
overtime, good people, competitive hours
Cons
overtime, uncertain schedule, management needs improvement
Cook trainer/Line cook (Current Employee) –  tigard, orSeptember 25, 2015
Great Family oriented place to work, Great food great servers great management I loved working there. I would recommend this place to all my friends.
Mid to high volume workplace with good benefits
Line Cook & General Assistance (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 9, 2015
I had a lot to take on, any given day, with attempting to get as much prep work done before the lunch rush came. Being the only one in the kitchen, there was usually no down time until my backup arrived around 3 or 4pm. My coworkers were amiable, if not always the hardest working. My managers were great, although they seemed to be under pressure from higher-ups, and the corporate office seemed to be out of touch with the actual workers. The hardest part of the job was having to constantly do work outside of my normal duties. The best part was working with good food and drinks in an interesting atmosphere.