McMenamins Employee Review

Great staff, extremely busy at times.
Server (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 24, 2013
Typical day of work includes interacting with customers in a fun and enjoyable way. Helping the customer receive what they ask for in a timely manner and fixing any problem that might arise. I have learned how to deal with a wide range of customers both in age and in personality. I am good at problem-solving and resolving issues quickly and efficiently. This job has taught me to be effective multi-tasker but also how to delegate work when I am in need of help.

The hardest part of the job is going from having a single table one minute, to having 8 sat all at the same time. It can be difficult to give each party the attention they need and require. Another difficult part about the job was the fact that the business doubles or triples when the summer time comes around. This particular restaurant has a patio that more than doubles the capacity of people it can hold and serve.

The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the people I work with. Everyone not only gets along, but are more than capable of helping each other when asked. The life/work balance was also a nice perk.
Pros
Paid lunches. Discount merchandise.
Cons
12 hour days. Short or no breaks.

Other McMenamins Employee Reviews

Everybody is new and on adderall.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 11, 2019
A very hostile environment. They hired a large man with aspergers and put him in the dishpit and he started bullying me. The very next day I was threatened again with physical violence and the EC did absolutely nothing about it.
decent place
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 11, 2019
good place to learn. very friendly environment. lots of long hours as with any kitchen job. they have always treated me well, and always stop and addressed any issues that may come up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McMenamins. Our community is ready to answer.