MCUSA - Motivational Coaches of America

MCUSA - Motivational Coaches of America Employee Reviews

horrible
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 15, 2017
I was never given a school after training so I never got paid for training. Supervisory never calls you back or text you. I was sick on day to go meet principal and supervisor wanted me to still go to the school and get everyone sick then she was giving me another school but would not respond to my calls or text,
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive and Professional
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Doral, FL 33166November 4, 2017
no comment
very structured
excelent staff
decent pay
open communication
learned importance of clinical documentation
more training is always good
easy use of software
NOT what it's cracked up to be
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLOctober 6, 2017
The company doesn't provide you with the whole scope of the job. Especially, the beginning of having to build your caseload so that you can get paid. This is a contract job and it's fee for service but you have to work up to the "lucrative" salary that you're told about. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone that need money fast because the funnel process you have to go through doesn't allow you to start getting paid until like 2 months in.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
You go weeks without getting paid
This is a start up business
Motivational Coach (Former Employee) –  Pasco County, FLOctober 3, 2017
This is a fee for service which it takes about a month to generate income. You need start up capital if you don't have extra cash to keep you going until you get a check. The management is very motivational but in real life, it is a process to sign kids up to the program before getting paid. I ran out of cash and had to quit. They promised $500 after orientation but they wouldn't pay me!
Pros
Positive encouragement for children
Cons
Pay
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2017
Great leadership making strides to clearly communicate to the entire team in a fast-moving environment. Very forward thinking group of people. Management is always willing to listen to new ideas.
Pros
Wonderful mission, great place to work, Energetic team trying to make important innovations in an area that desperately needs change, Thoughtful team of leaders willing to listen, share ideas and allow for growth and independence.
Cons
The best fit would be for professionals looking for an entrepreneurial opportunity and independence, Our team needs to understand how schools operate and love working with and for kids.
Dont fall for this
Coach/Counselor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 10, 2017
Crooked company!! Was asked to bill for services that didn't occur. Not really contract experience. Full time employee expectations. Great concept....wrong company!!
Cons
Management. Eating medicaid units like a pac man game
Great Culture
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 27, 2017
Some companies throw around the word "team" and "family" but not MCUSA. I have had some issues and management has been very understanding and compassionate. They love kids just as much as I do, and in the long run that's what it's all about. We make a difference in the children lives and each other's
Pros
I feel a part of a big family and we're all here for the same thing-- the kids
Cons
There really aren't any i can think of
Great organization doing important work
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Duval County, FLApril 4, 2017
Love my work with MCUSA. It is important, impactful and mission-driven. We provide needed support to the most vulnerable students in the most neglected schools. Our work is essential. In my time at MCUSA, I have seen amazing progress in my students.
Pros
Working directly with kids that need my help
Cons
difficult working with principals
Enjoyable workplace
ALUMNI & DEVELOPMENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Groton, MADecember 13, 2016
This was a summer job for me. I enjoyed coming to work everyday and working with my co workers. Everyone was so lively and up beat about everything. That made it easy to enjoy work.
Lawrence Academy was a great work environment everyone was focused on making it the best it could be
DIRECTOR OF BUILDING AND GROUNDS (Former Employee) –  GROTON MA.January 27, 2014
Oversight of 100 acers of athletic fields a hockey rink, 22 school buildings and dormatories,maintenance repair and restoration.
Pros
being around the kids and athletics was just great.
Cons
there was no job security.