MCUSA - Motivational Coaches of America Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Shameless company
Motivational Coach (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 19, 2018
This company did not care about the employees, as evidenced by lack of payment (aka NO PAYMENT) and were quick to throw employees under the bus to take blame for the company's own mistakes due to their lack of communication and direction to their employees. I wish I could erase this experience from my life!
Pros
gain experience working closely with youth in their schools, feeling fulfilled providing help they need
Cons
no compensation for services rendered to youth, free labor for a position that was presented as a paid position
Creative and Exciting
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 18, 2018
Everyday is different, and that's the most exciting thing about this job. I get to be creative with the students and I see my methods and the curriculum working.
There is a lot of documentation that goes along with this, but so does any therapist position.
Making a difference
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 29, 2018
Great culture and workplace environment overall. Any inquiries I may have, from paperwork, to the software are answered quickly. The software is essential and very user friendly. The children love the program and it's truly making a difference.
Make Your Own Paycheck
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 29, 2018
This has been a great endeavor for me. The flexibility of the schedule, the pay, but most of all the children are amazing! You make your own paycheck. There's no micromanaging and tons of help if I have any questions.
Good job, Good pay
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 14, 2018
I am proud to be a part of MCUSA. I believe now more than ever, with all the social issues that are prevalent in our society concerning children, these services are necessary. I know that everyday I have the opportunity to engage these kids and truly help their advancement to be positive adults.
Pros
Working with children who need it, Flexible schedules, Good pay
Cons
Needed some help at first to build a caseload, but that's about it. It's been smooth sailing since.
Turning Point
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 7, 2018
Working with children who really need it has been a huge turning point for my career. I liked the interview process and their explanation of how the company works. It took me about a month to fully understand that I am a licensee. After that, it's been smooth sailing.
Pros
Working with children, Management is very helpful, Flexibility, Pay
Exciting Job
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMay 3, 2018
Everyday i'm excited to go to work. The kids really keep you on your toes. Also, I get to find and use creative ways to help them. The management team is great. Always ready and available to help.
More Than Pleased
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMay 3, 2018
I have been with MCUSA for a little over 2yrs, and I must say I really enjoy every aspect of it. On a daily basis I get to help adolescents who truly need it. The work day is pretty flexible, and leaves time for me and my family.
Pros
Flexible, Cooperative, Great Pay
Mangement and rules change constantly, stressful work environment.
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 13, 2018
Pros: you get to work with kids that really do need it.

Cons: you have to provide your own materials and most work sites are more than 20 miles away from where you live.

Management changes constantly, so the expectations of your work change as well, all last minute, which makes it stressful.

no benefits.
A much needed service for the kids and great to be located out of school! Extremely unreliable pay! Company still owes multiple employees paychecks.
Coach (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 24, 2018
Kids and school personnel are wonderful. Your direct supervisor is also supportive but the company’s paydays are late and missing. Higher management does everything they can to cover themselves with no regard to their employees. Extremely high turnover. No benefits as well. Expected to attend school with zero sick days!
Pros
Being in a school
Cons
Pay bennefits
DO not work for MCUSA
Motivational Coach (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 12, 2018
The work is rewarding, when connecting with children, however the CEO and management is very unrealistic and unsupportive. The pay is a lie, you do not get paid as promised.
Pros
Built rapport with students
Cons
Scam, no pay, no support.
I urge you! Do not do it!
Motivational Coach (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 22, 2018
Just speak with someone who has worked for this company and you would understand why you should not work for this company. I urge you to reconsider if you have a family and need to feed them and/or yourself. You will regret it, I promise you!
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Horrible
Counselor (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 21, 2018
The company is not very organized nor do they pay you on time. They tell you in the beginning you'll be doing one thing, but that's not true. You'll spend all of your time trying to catch up with the paper work and writing notes. It was a pleasure to work with the students, but the company is horrible.
Pros
Getting to know the students and gaining their trust.
Cons
Everything else.
horrible
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 15, 2017
I was never given a school after training so I never got paid for training. Supervisory never calls you back or text you. I was sick on day to go meet principal and supervisor wanted me to still go to the school and get everyone sick then she was giving me another school but would not respond to my calls or text,
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
NOT what it's cracked up to be
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLOctober 6, 2017
The company doesn't provide you with the whole scope of the job. Especially, the beginning of having to build your caseload so that you can get paid. This is a contract job and it's fee for service but you have to work up to the "lucrative" salary that you're told about. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone that need money fast because the funnel process you have to go through doesn't allow you to start getting paid until like 2 months in.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
You go weeks without getting paid
It is a very rewarding job as you have the opportunity to make a difference in a children lives
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLOctober 5, 2017
It is school based. The kids are fun to work with as long as you have interesting activities for them. You basically have to work school hours. It is important to establish strong relationship with the school staff.
This is a start up business
Motivational Coach (Former Employee) –  Pasco County, FLOctober 3, 2017
This is a fee for service which it takes about a month to generate income. You need start up capital if you don't have extra cash to keep you going until you get a check. The management is very motivational but in real life, it is a process to sign kids up to the program before getting paid. I ran out of cash and had to quit. They promised $500 after orientation but they wouldn't pay me!
Pros
Positive encouragement for children
Cons
Pay
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2017
Great leadership making strides to clearly communicate to the entire team in a fast-moving environment. Very forward thinking group of people. Management is always willing to listen to new ideas.
Pros
Wonderful mission, great place to work, Energetic team trying to make important innovations in an area that desperately needs change, Thoughtful team of leaders willing to listen, share ideas and allow for growth and independence.
Cons
The best fit would be for professionals looking for an entrepreneurial opportunity and independence, Our team needs to understand how schools operate and love working with and for kids.
Great Culture
Motivational Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 27, 2017
Some companies throw around the word "team" and "family" but not MCUSA. I have had some issues and management has been very understanding and compassionate. They love kids just as much as I do, and in the long run that's what it's all about. We make a difference in the children lives and each other's
Pros
I feel a part of a big family and we're all here for the same thing-- the kids
Cons
There really aren't any i can think of
Supportive staff and great mission to help kids succeed
School Based Counselor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 23, 2017
The staff is helpful but the company lacks organization. The mission of the company is great! MCUSA allows the therapist to build real connections with the clients it serves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MCUSA - Motivational Coaches of America. Our community is ready to answer.

MCUSA - Motivational Coaches of America Reviews by Location