McWane Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Foundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 23, 2018
Excellent job I would recommend to anyone the best in the business I have nothing bad to say all good thoughts good safety measurements and excellent and wonderful pay
Pros
Cons
Fair
Good Company,- fast paced environment
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 5, 2018
Good company to work for. Very good benefits. No room for advancement at the branch I am located. Company tends to promote men in most management positions. Fast paced environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful and no advancement opportunities
Stressful work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 28, 2018
Product lacked quality. I spent more time chasing problems and putting out fires instead of creating opportunities to grow my book of business. Company was more interested in profits than quality control.
A very repetitive job
Casting Laborer (Current Employee) –  Provo, UT 84604January 16, 2018
i learned that communication is always important. any small distraction could cost someone their life or serious injury when safety is involved. they lack communication and training for new employees, meaning certain Training on how equipment should be operated and handled. Most employees do not know the risk or fully know the correct process on how to deal with things. It is pretty much they want you to pick up and run with the ball without knowing the rules to the game. The hardest part of the job is working with people who have been there for a long time and take shortcuts with disregard to your safety. As well as other coworkers who really don't care about anything walking around boastful not being a team player in any case. The best part of the job other than the pay was the coworkers that worked hard and made the teams effort a little easier.
Pros
The pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of training, chance for advancement.
Tough work for tuff people.
Core Maker/ iron pourer (Former Employee) –  UtahJanuary 11, 2018
Worked there for 2 months before first promotion. Just happened to lose my finger to a core machine that day. Company cares more for there employees then any other I've seen.
Poor management in Oskaloosa M.S.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAJanuary 11, 2018
Cutthroat, backstabbing, and untrustworthy that is just a few of the things wrong with this place the upper management "across the street" knows nothing about how bad it is
Pros
Pay
Judge mental fools
Nothing (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAJanuary 4, 2018
Obviously applied here three times I keep seeing monthly the same job open up but yet they wanna judge someone for their past mistakes. Thought the past was the past but not in Oskalooser Iowa.
Well established Company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 19, 2017
I've had 14 years of experience with many changes to management and the process of the plant. Many changes have been for the best. Would call this place a one of a kind in the are for sure whole new experience
Pros
Cons
hot
Amazing and Brilliant People
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 3, 2017
I have loved my time at McWane Ductile. The company could use some improvements on the marketing side. Our website and product offering as well as marketing materials are 2-5 years behind the competition.
Would stay if I could
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 16, 2017
I have enjoyed my many years at McWane. They offer education opportunities which I took advantage of and Got my Bachelor in accounting and my associates in business management.
Challenging work place
Quality Technician, inspector (Current Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJSeptember 2, 2017
Challenging place to work, also a place to learn a lot about foundry company and ductile market have to be ready to work hard and put a lot of hours everyday.
Pros
N/a
Cons
n/a
Night & Day
Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 28, 2017
Sometime its has its days, then they watch over you like a dog, the supervisor don't do a thing to help out then the management support that they pick sides
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
when you need help
Good Company
Safety Administrator/ Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJJuly 26, 2017
The place is a foundry- make cast iron pipe
Coworkers are great
Safety Culture improved a lot
keep up to date on safety and other maintenance materials needed
McQueen was an outstanding place to work it gave me a chance to grow and experience new things.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for McWane cast iron pipe for many years I was given the opportunity to advance in management and production and safety quality and my experience overall was outstanding the management and the staff and the production of people I worked around with great people they gave me a chance to learn and grow they didn't hold me back as long as I was willing to learn they were willing to teach me and I was rewarded and compensated for my growth inside the production.
Pros
A chance to advance and grow within the company
Cons
Long hours and a lot of weekends.
Solid Job with good benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 21, 2017
McWane is an ever changing organization. I have had three bosses in 6 years. The status quo is, "do what your boss asks you to do". It's a good wage, they expect 40 - 45 hours allowing you to have a good family life.
Pros
Good wage, consistent work
Cons
Constant Abrupt Change
Very good company
Steel Worker (Former Employee) –  183 sitgreaves Phillipsburg njApril 24, 2017
I learned great leadership skills worked with alot of construction equipment and forklifts. Learned alot about safety requirements for any jobs involed in the safety program. Made me Capable of taking the lead in any situation and leading fellow coworkers.
Pros
Weekly bonus great helthcare and great pay
Cons
No cons
Made customize parts for Millwrights.
Maintenance machinist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 8, 2017
The job was challenging and very customized and specific to needs of company. Large pipe foundry. Good co-worker environment. Supervisors supportive of needs.
We had 1hour lunch and two 15minute breaks
Cleaned and Sanitizend Production Area (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJMarch 7, 2017
Work 3rd shift didn't like the hours but coworkers have great attitude very helpful if you need their assistance with anything . Even the supervisor will out to
classice old american company
Welder and Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 29, 2016
tough job for man witch is what made it good team worked hard and always let you know the hard work pays off. love the team work
Pros
great man and weman to work with
Cons
old factory
Extreme Work Conditions
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 29, 2016
I learned to heat, melt and manufacture steel pipes, due to the extreme work conditions they give their employees a break every 45 mins to every hour and a half. There are many different job level and opportunities to learn and advance in the company. Opportunities to become union, onsite nurses and a doctor for job injuries.
Pros
Union Job, breaks every hour due to the extreme heat work conditions
Cons
Extreme heat work conditions due to the process of melting, and pouring steel