MD Anderson Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Amazing place to work: Excellent patient care
Research Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
I am so impressed with MD Anderson as an institution. I feel valued as an employee and have grown in my profession here with the help of my coworkers, management and the many opportunities available to employees. MD Anderson is very patient and family-centered. Everywhere you look there are resources, volunteers and so many people ready to help the patients with their needs. As big as the institution is, it still feels like a small community.
Pros
Excellent management
Average Company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
Its OK depending on who your management is. The scheduling is difficult if you have a busy life i.e. kids, school, hobbies. If you are single they pay for your insurance
Ok to work there but alot of times short of help
COOK 1 (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
sometimes stressfull working under or in patient trayline he over look good employees and bring in new hire and then they complain that the work load is to much. andthey end up quitting and being lazy /always complaining.
Pros
employees get a discount on meals but not alot taken off.like 10%
Cons
30 minutes breaks no 15 minutes
Training
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
Due to the different areas of healthcare provided by MD Anderson, the employee may be exposed to different aspects of healthcare and obtain meaningful training if desired.
Senior Research Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
Great retirement plan, benefits, no complaints. I am seeking advancement without waiting to climb a career ladder, other than that if they were to offer me a higher position, I would stay.
Benefits
Cons
Career ladders
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
Overall a good place to work. Be catefil with settling for entry level jobs that you’re overqualified for because you may have a difficult time transitioning/advancing.
Excellent place!
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
You can learn a lot! You can take advantage of all the seminars and meeting with speaker internationally and well recognized. High quality of research!
Poor HR
Senior Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
The HR recruitment process at MD Anderson is completely lost. They do an awful job at screening people fit for jobs and miss out on overly qualified talent on a regular basis. Management selection can be good or bad and is on the departmental level so it depends.
Very fun place to work
Patient Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2018
Help prepare me for the nursing field , gave very good trainging. I was a patient care partner also known as cna in other states. Had the same routine daily , vitals , refilling water pitchers, not so much cna work.
Great Company
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2018
It is with much enthusiasm that I recommend MD Anderson Cancer Center.

I was a part of the team for the past 10 years and have always been completely satisfied. They do an excellent job at always working hard to make sure their patients have the best care possible and offer the most competitive benefits to their employees.
Work at md anderson
Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
Working here was okay, I dont mind work the work the work was pretty easy. Management was okay when you explain something to them they will understand.
Service Coordinator
Patient service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
A typical day in my field of work would be direct contact with patients and family members. I scheduled appointments varying from follow up visits to Imaging and Infusion/injection visits. Management has okay but could be better in educating coworkers on advancement options. The hardest part at working in this position is seeing all that the Cancer patient have to go through on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part is when you are able to coordinate appointments for the patients that help them save on further expenses.
Great place to work and grow
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2018
MD Anderson is a great place to work. Training is available. Flexibility is limited to full time employees. Advancement is there to grow from receptionist to management. Lack of staff can easily cause overwhelming to workers
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Parking, Trs
Patient Escort (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2018
The staff are all very friendly. This is a great place to work. The hospital is very huge , and is very easy to get lost. Working here gives you the opportunity to move aroundin different departments.
Overall a good place to be
Sr Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
There is a lot of stress related to this job, but I don't believe that is unlike anywhere else. It is all in what you make of it. They care very deeply about their patients.
Pay and benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2018
The pay and benefits are very good at MD Anderson. Also had a very good manager for many years as well as some great co-workers. Great place to work.
Pros
Salary
Okay place
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2018
Job seems to be very political. People work for a check but no passion. People are put in positions that they are not ready for which make management not look so great
benefits
Cons
bad management
Poor mangement
Decision Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Very political place to work that effects your functionality. Micromanagement and control became the main type of management in our department. Work overload is constant and very little appreciation.
Most enjoyable part of my job.
Staff Ultrasonographer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job were the patients! To interact with them on a daily basis was inspiring. They are the most positive patients, and just so happy to be a part of such a great institution.
They truly felt they were in the best of hands at MD Anderson!
Shadowed the Techs
Student Shadowing (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 18, 2018
Walking in as a student, everyone was very welcoming and kind to point me in the right direction. The atmosphere of the location I was at was very comforting as well. The technicians got their work done in a timely matter while keeping the patients satisfaction as high as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Powered by Comparably