MD Anderson Cancer Center
Information from MD Anderson Cancer Center:

MD Anderson Cancer Center Employee Reviews

United States1,641 reviews
Found 1,641 reviews matching the search
This is a prestigous cancer center with amazing benefits.
I enjoyed coming to work with a clear focus of my job duties. I had the responsibility of scheduling trips and journal entries for a cancer research doctor. I was also responsible for scheduling meetings and conferences to discuss cancer research findings. I felt a sense of purpose within the medical field.
Pros
clean comfortable work environments with excellent benefits
Cons
n/a
This review is based on my previous manager
This review is based on my previous manager not the one I work with. Workers should be able to provide review of work environment without repercussions.
I worked at this company for almost 6 years. It is a decent place to work at. Otherwise I have no other response at this time. Please accept this short review.
Emloyee friendly
Excellent place to work. Employees are appreciated, and the mission is to care for the patient!

I felt appreciated, and a very positive experience.
MD Anderson is a great place to work.
MD Anderson is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone. If I were to go back to work, that is the first place I would consider going back to. People make you feel like family.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Great job
I been there for 10 yrs and I love md Anderson. Great place to work, excellent co worker. We are a family that get the job done. I would recommend anyone to work at md Anderson. Great benefits and great pay.
Academic environment that provides multiple educational opportunities
The culture at M.D. Anderson has changed from my first experience there. The standards at the Main hospital vary from those of the satellites. Management at the satellite campus depends on the leaders at that location. There are more opportunities for advancement at the Main Campus. There are a lot of exceptional people there, and lots of opportunities to learn.
-Good work culture
-safe and clean envt

-passionate people

-Good patient care

-co-operative co workers

-transparency

-MD ANDERSON is a great place for employees and patients.
Great benefits but overall highly political and biased.
This institution offers great benefits and ample opportunities to learn and educate yourself, however, they have a huge government-like culture based on favoritism towards individuals that are willing to follow the leadership without questions. They do not promote those qualified but rather those who tend to follow the management blindly and without questions. They are not a democracy but rather a monarchy. Human Resources ignores complaints. They tend to retaliate against those who speak up.
Great job
This was a very fast passes environment, but I loved it. Once you get the feel, the job was easily doable. It was very rewarding, and I really enjoyed working here.
Ready to GO!!!
I worked here as an intern nursing student and loved it. Until I became a nurse, now I get depressed before every shift. Management is clicky and expect you to accept mistreatment from them, upper levels, and older nurses. The culture is toxic and full of politics. They try to please everyone except the nurses. Unfair schedules with little to no breaks. Not enough paid leave and the policies are ridiculous if you’re sick. If you complain then you are enemy number one and not a “team player”. The older nurses look down on the newer ones often. There are some great nurses and staff but not enough. I’m ready to go!
Benefits
Cons
Management, scheduling, start pay.
Very caring and supportive place
Caring for the Cancer patients. Just being there support through out their treatments at MD Anderson. I love working in the Medical field. I have worked in the field.for 26 years,
Supervisors/Management
Management was horrible. In Head and Neck the supervisoes always rude to anyone who did not have a degree in higher education. Their tactics were that we knew nothing and they knew everything because of the Master degree studies in nursing. Certificate Dental Assistant was shyed on.
Varies
MD Anderson has staff that does not do well with change. The existing staff does not make transitioning for new employees easy. Rude Altercation Child like behavior. New comers pose a threat. It actually runs new comers off. Average stay 1-3years not because of work it’s because staff.
Steady work
The work is very steady, being a hospital with many clinics that run with no interruption. There is on-the-job training, and most of the co-workers are cooperative. There are various shifts to fit in with family responsibilities and various lifestyles.
Pros
Adequate breaks and meals in cafeteria
Cons
Work is demanding but interesting.
Overall, a good place to be
I strive to get back there! I was there for close to 10 years, and felt I had the opportunity for personal and professional growth. If I would have had the job opportunity to stay at the time of my NP degree, I would have never kevtgraduating from my
Psc
A lot of work not enough money. High stress environment. Doctor are mean to staff well some the surgeons to be exact. It might just depend on your department. But I feel like md needs a lot of work over 100 people i use to work with left due to poor management and md not valuing there employee.
Great place to work and grow
Enjoyed working there for nearly 10 years. If you are chosen to work here. You are going to meet some of the best employees in the world and the best patients. Would love to return soon.
Horrible experience here. Run!
Horrible management, no equal fairness, poorly paid for the job one does. Again run! Md Anderson is a horrible company to work for. I would never work on the 17-22 floors
Jealous Co-workers Bad Mgmt
I began as a Patient Escort which was the only way to get my foot in the door. The Patient Escort Dept is the worst Dept. To work for. If your child is sick they don't care you will get a write up even with a doctor's note they use a strict point system. If you get too many points you can't Transfer to another Department for 6 months. Mgmt is very GHETTO and Unprofessional with Co-Workers they have a crabs in a bucket Mantality all the Escorts are trying to get out of the Department and will spread lies and Deminish your character just so they can beat you to get out of the Department
its a great place to work
i love working here in this hospital. have 10 year of experience.in that I have 2 years of critical care experience. I graduated as an adult geriatric nurse practitioner from Texas women's university.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight