MD Anderson Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor mangement
Decision Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Very political place to work that effects your functionality. Micromanagement and control became the main type of management in our department. Work overload is constant and very little appreciation.
Shadowed the Techs
Student Shadowing (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 18, 2018
Walking in as a student, everyone was very welcoming and kind to point me in the right direction. The atmosphere of the location I was at was very comforting as well. The technicians got their work done in a timely matter while keeping the patients satisfaction as high as possible.
Productive fun workplace.
Sr. Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2018
The typical day consist of reconciliation and verifying accurate accounts. I also conduct patient charges by inputting them in a system by the name of Mckesson.
Productive, career oriented work environment
Work Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2018
Great place to work with balanced work/home rewards. I wished there were more opportunity for career building for employees that have desires to stay with the company.
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
networking
very productive and busy,but overall place of ups and downs, that's to be expected.
Room Service Assistant/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
It can be good but bad when working extra short.majority of the employees are women and the manager and assistant manager are also women, that's not a bad thing but heads are bumped.,,power struggle.We had a lot of fun but certain co-workers made it harder for other's when they constantly called in because they were upset with management knowing the team would hurt but didn't care. It's always good to work with a full house on a busy or slow day. We always managed regardless the work has to be done.
Pros
fun place to work monthly birthday celebrations.
Cons
It's hard to take your well earned time off like vacations, they give it to whom they want
Micro managers
Industrial Engineer- Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
Great place to work with excellent benefits. However, managers tend to micromanage employees and they tell you what to work on. You don't get to make your own decisions.
Senior Blood Donor Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2018
I Would recommend someone to work here. Anderson as a whole promotes bettering yourself through education and experience. They also promote and encourage wellness and a comfortable work/life balance.
Great Employer with great benefits
Sr. Clinical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2018
The benefit to this job is that it is remote and allows you to focus more time on getting your job done more effectively. The hardest part of the job is the mandatory over-time that greatly interferes with the home/work life balance. This would be the only draw back.
It’s a great place to gain experience but not as a long term career positions
Patient Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2018
I was here 3 years that seemed like forever . You can learn many new things here and caring for patients is great however management is horrible and bias and if you are working as a pct u will be looked down on and overworked with little support from management when there’s is an issue with RNs . RNs are treated as necessary and important other clinical support is treated poorly and unfair .
Pros
Great experience and patients
Cons
Management, overworked, unappreciated
Very productive
Clinic Investigation Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2018
A typical day at work very stressful. I learned various aspects of working in the lab collecting samples, process samples and shipping samples. Management overall, is okay. The workplace culture is fast-pace. The hardest part of the job is multi-tasking and keeping up with demands.
Pros
M.D. Anderson Culture
Cons
Coverage to ensure breaks
Great place to work!
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2018
I've been working at MD for almost 3 years now and i love the opportunity. They helped support my way through school and i am grateful I was able to gain needed experience to help advance in my future career.
Warm and Caring Atmosphere
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2018
MD Anderson is a warm and caring place to work. The hospital staff, human resources and faculty members go out of their way to make not only the patients but the employees feel safe, welcomed, relaxed and welcomed
Pros
Free health insurance for employee
Cons
Stressful due to nature of hospital
I like my job because es security and responsibility
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2018
In my job es very good y productive, I have 3 days off and I want other job for extra money and occupancy and my job actually I have commitment With my managers and team leaders
Fun place to work.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2018
Lots of activities and room for growth. Healthcare insurance is covered. Managers are very knowledgeable. Great place to work if you are looking for an opportunity to grow.
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2018
MD Anderson Cancer Center is a great place to work. I would recommend this hospital to anyone thats looking for or starting in the health care facility.
productive and fun, good company
Senior statistical analyst (Current Employee) –  houston, TXApril 10, 2018
The company is good with excellent in research, the teammate are talent and very helpful. The work is stressful sometimes due to large demand of analysis work.
Pros
good benifit
Cons
like large company, policy is complicated
Good Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2018
MDA is a good place to work. Comp pay and great TRS benefits. It can be challenging to advance your career as there is favoritism and bias in the hiring and promotion process.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Limited career growth
Working as Patiient Business specialist. Was very interesting and also productive
PATIENT BUSINESS SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2018
A typical day at work is resolved patients problems with there hospital bills and making spreadsheets for patients to better understand how there Ins paid and to better understand the Hospital Charges.
Pros
Gave Bonus at times
Cons
Short Breaks
Work/home Life Balance
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2018
The culture of MD Anderson is a very positive one. They are very supportive of the work/home life balance. The ability to move around the institution is done with some ease. Management for the most part is fair and supportive, but as with every place you will run into obstacles that will place you into a black list if you are not careful.
Very Productive
Sr. Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2018
Great place to work, but some management in different departments wasn't fair, but I had a great manager and director in the Leukemia department. Communication was good in some cases, but in all departments. I always get along with everyone, but this is just what I experienced with everyone else.
Pros
Great benefits, good place to work
Cons
lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Powered by Comparably