MD Anderson Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Found 1,085 reviews matching the search See all 1,092 reviews
Customer Complaint Protocol
PAS Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2019
MD Anderson is very political when it comes to the patient. I know the saying is all customers is right, but I had a lot of scenarios with patient or family member demeanor when calling and wanting you to give them what they are seeking, but didn't meet the criteria of what's needed. These people will go far and beyond to complain that you wasn't sympatric, didn't show emotion, and was rude because they didn't meet the criteria. MD Anderson sets all criteria for each patient to meet before coming through the doors, but they don't follow the criteria when patient or family members complain. In some cases of complaint you can be wrote up or fired and I think that is wrong with you are following protocol.
Pros
Better support from manager on customer complaints
Cons
More stress breaks
Great Company but Culture in Shift
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Great company with a positive new leader. The organization is undergoing some transformational change.

Development office is needing of its new leader that is coming in within the next fiscal year.
professional research
Research Intern in Statistics (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2019
very professional in developing innovative methods for analyzing data resulting from collaborative cancer research studies. very good training to new employees.
A great place to work. I enjoyed my experience working at M.D.Anderson but one unprofessional mistake can be slanderous to a person's character.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2019
M. D. Anderson is a place of longevity of work if you want it. Its a place where lives are being saved. Its a place where they care in general about there employee. I wish I could still work there because I care about the patients dearly. But sometimes people misjudge other people and that could or can destroy a person's integrity. Cancer is a serious disease and so is a person's Integrity and Character.
Pros
It's the best Hospital in the Texas Medical Center to work for.
Cons
Sometimes supervisior do thing in which they should be fired or at least repromanded.
It was a great place to work
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
It was a great place to work. I enjoyed all that was offered to me. I would love the opportunity to reapply and go back there. It's a good company to work for.
Enjoyed doing my job.
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Earlier management was great. Management now has no idea what is going on. I feel for the patients because the management has made many mistakes which has forced many good doctors to leave the instution. They forget about maintaining what they have and keep looking to expand more.
Pros
Great working personal
Cons
Poor upper management.
Evolving research
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Ongoing research, lots of opportunities to learn and grow, opportunities to be involved in different committees and be a voice for your peers. They promote work life balance.
Pros
Lota of learning opportunities
Cons
Required to see lots of patients in such a small window of time
Program manager, Finance (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Had a great working experience at MD Anderson Cancer Center. I learned a lot at this institution and would recommend that others work at this place if considering growth opportunities
Very helpful
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Very fast-paced unit where I currently work at
My nursing hands on skills are excellent.
Over booking of patients makes it difficult for time management
Goal to cure Cancer
Supv, Research Data Coordination (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Typically MD Anderson is a very fun place to work and you learn a lot about the care of patients. The Goal is to seek a Cure for Cancer. All employees has the same goal and that is to work toward the Cure for cancer in our life span..
Internet access
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TX 78602December 29, 2018
I had unfettered internet access could be your salvation or your own damnation.
Management was okay but there wasn't much to do on campus. Lost 86 pounds walking around.
Collaboration & Respect
Research Protocol Manager (Former Employee) –  Thoracic, Head & NeckDecember 20, 2018
I regretted leaving MD Anderson Cancer Center... However, at that time, I had no choice as I had to find work closer to home so I can be reached by the school of my 3 year old. MDACC made me feel special in the work I did - the what I did mattered. I was respected for my role as a protocol manager. I worked hard and was given the opportunity to make my research my own. It was very challenging and made me think out of the box while exploring and discovering the possibilities of my research protocol. The principal investigator I worked for trusted me and I cherished that trust that it was inspiring and motivational to work on it.
Pros
Benefits & Work Environment
Cons
Distance from Home
Good place to work need better pay
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2018
Benefits are great but pay is not. Also not too sure on how the hiring from within really works, this was not for me in my case. Overall great company.
Unpaid Intern
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2018
I saw patients for therapy sessions and observed many psychologists in different departments. I was part of a research project and worked on an extensive excel file.
Over worked employess
Patient Access Supervisor- Access Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2018
I have a very busy work day. I enjoy supervising my staff, but I feel I am overworked, having to do the job of 3 people. I have learned a lot about politics within the workplace. Management is not supportive. The hardest part of my job would be the politics, seeing sick patients, and workplace bullying not being addressed.
Benefits
Cons
Management is supportive and workplace bullying is not addressed
Highly professional, highly motivating place to work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2018
I had a great time working as a contractor in the children's hospital. The staff and management that I worked with for several years were all wonderful human beings trying to make a difference in people's lives.
Poor Management
HR - Organization Development Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2018
They only care about abusing your free labor. It was unpaid internship AND zero mentoring from management. Absolutely a waste of time. So much for the brand name institution.
Great institution
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2018
Amazing place to work if you want to grow your career, excellent benefits. There is a lot of favoritism but that's in every job site you go on. if you have a write up they will not give you a raise for that year so watch what you do at all times
MDACC is a wonderful place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2018
Everything depends on the department you work in - regarding flexibility, dress code and work culture. Most departments are run very well, some not so well.
Pros
great benefits
Team Atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2018
I loved working for Md Anderson Cancer center which is now UF Health. Orlando health is a great organization to work for. We would start the day with a team meeting in the hall to fill us in on any new policies etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.