MD Anderson Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Human Resources Assistant / HR Leave Center (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2018
MD Anderson is a great institution to work for. It provide the employees great benefits and lots of employee discounts. They offer the opportunity to retiree early if all the requirement are met.
Pros
Great Employee Benefits
I love my Team
Diagnostic Imaging Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
Diagnostic Imaging Department is the best team at MD Anderson Cancer Center. They allows me to learn so much and encourged me to go further in my career.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
EEOC was not help in my AAD case with a manager.... but I still love my fellows coworkers!
Great company with great benefits but parking is a nightmare and very expensive...$12.00 daily
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2018
log in and phones, checkin patients confirmation calls schedule tests labs and Dr visits. Do hourly rounding offering water and warm blankets. Can be stressful and high paced.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
high turnover of management and constant change
Fabulous benefits with great managers
Physician Assistant Leukemia (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
Love MD Anderson. Great benefits. Great management. Pay is OK as it is a state institution. Once you are here, you can move around departments with ease.
Very nice comfortable work environment
Inventory Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
M D Anderson is a great place to work as a whole institution. Benefits, PTO, Bonuses are great. Employees are a pleasure to work with and the managers have an open door policy. Just in my area no room for advancement.
Pros
Team building activities
Friendly environment and helpful colleagues.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
My review on working here at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center here in Houston, Texas. It was a very friendly environment and my colleagues were very helpful. I learned the overview of the warehouse there.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No overtime pay
Good working enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Customer and families can be very rude at times but working at md Anderson is okay it can get stressful but you have to push your way thru it its a Cancer hospital so people go thru alot
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
I Learned So Much
Staff Nurse, Bone Marrow Transplant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2018
This was my first nursing job out of school. It was also my first experience with Oncology patients. My unit was fast-paced, but we worked so well together and I learned so much.
Great people very little funding
Biostatistician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at MD Anderson and be able to work on some of the most challenging problems of imaging data. Colleges are very dedicated and have great passion for their jobs.
Mission and vision of company is compatible
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Mission and vision of company is compatible with employees. Good work/life balance. Managers are able to work with employees. Employee recognition. Assistance with school.
Stressful place to work
Patient Coordinator Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Patients are aggressive and very difficult to deal with them. The department is not well organized, they do not have a designated person to answer phones and sometimes it is difficult to respond to calls do to the volume of patients.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not good leads
It a nice. Place to work met alot of nice peole there
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Md Anderson hospital is a place where you know that they will do there best. The staff there is. About teem work at all time. I would. Tell anyone about md Anderson i rate this hospital as one of the top ten hospital
Pros
Housekeeper
Cons
My very first job as a LVN, LOVED IT.
LVN Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 17, 2018
Had excellent charge nurses that taught me how a nurse was to care for the patient and the family as a whole. Patients were great. Had everything from coming in to receive chemo or blood to hospice. Learned how to deal with life and death situations.
Pros
a great teachable job.
Cons
Downtown Houston.
nice place to work
Financial Clearance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
nice place to work. a lot of employer sponsored events like vendor displays at discounted prices. also discount Starbucks coffee. Great Touch for Monday mornings,
Great work environment
Application Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2018
the work environment is somewhat laidback. In my position you can plan out your day with minimal supervision. You have access to a lot of things that makes the day easier like Starbucks and areas to sit and rest. The biggest issue in my opinion is the disconnect between management and workers. Outside of that disconnect its a quite a nice place to work and advance when possible.
workplace
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Stressful but great benefits. No much advancement. Worked with the company for 7 years and the workplace change. This one of the hardest and stressful places to work.
Pros
insurance
Cons
overwork load and poor management
very friendly environment to work at
Diagnostic Imaging Coordinator, Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  1500 Holcombe BLVD. 77030September 6, 2018
- Great Team Ethic.
- Handling upset and sick patients well.
- Meeting patients' needs in a timely matter.
- Going an extra mile to keep our patients satisfied.
- Hardest part is trying our best to accommodate thousands of patients everyday.
- Most enjoyable part is having weekly team gatherings at work.
Like helping people
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2018
It bring me joy to put a smile on someone else face. This is a wonderful place to work at, you see all kinds of people from all over the world here. We see young and old patients we do not discriminate. Our mission is to be the world of Cancer.
Good learning environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2018
Great team work and a good learning environment. Working at MD Anderson gave me the privilege to care for patients from diverse region. At MD Anderson several avenue open for career growth.
Pros
Good Benefits
I learned so much working for MD Anderson
Clinic LVN-Full time (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
I was a LVN at the time I started working for MD Anderson and was laid off twice while working there twice. I loved my doctors I worked for and the experience I gained.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Powered by Comparably