MD At Home Employee Reviews

Horrifying
Family Practice Physician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2018
Worked as a physician. Extremely low pay and I had to keep my loans in deferment. No medical assistant, have to do everything yourself. All patients extremely complicated and cannot see enough to make a living wage. Can be paid as low as $25 per visit.
Pros
Free lunch during training
Cons
Low pain, Complicated Patients
We love our patients and they love us back!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2016
The Doctors, Nurse Practitioners and the office staff work really hard in providing care for people with limited access to a hospital or clinic. Everyone is dedicated and truly cares.
Pros
cool facility different from a hospital setting
I was afforded the opportunity to work with MD at Home, as an intern Medical assistant. Providing me with the chance to work directly with patients.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2015
Each day starts off with me checking my email to obtain the schedule for the day and create a listing for the doctor to have as we travel throughout the day. I make professional phone calls to the first two patients about their a.m. appointments and the doctors’
estimated arrival time. Once a time is confirmed with the pt.’s I then call the MA in the office to let her know the time I scheduled the two patients. She will then call the remaining patients on the list to give them our estimated arrival time, typically 8 to10 patients each day. Depending on whether the patient is new or established, determines what paperwork I will need to gather for each visit, which includes a consent to treat form, authorization to release medical records, and follow-up sheet. All forms must be explained prior to them signing the forms. At the end of each visit to assure the patient and/or family member’s completely understands what was done and have knowledge of any tests ordered, refilled medications, or anything the doctor requested must be explained by me.

Courses pertaining to patient care, medications, and office administration was helpful to me because when assessing the patients I was able to apply the knowledge I learned during school. I had the ability to demonstrate or assist the patients with equipment they may need at home to help care for themselves. As well as being able to explain certain medications and its purpose.

This externship provided me with several opportunities. The opportunity to use what I learned throughout the program in real life situations, I was
  more... able to posses a punctual attitude and work well with in a diverse field and make the decision on which health care setting I prefer to work in. Receiving constructive feedback from medical professionals will help me evolve, which was the most enjoyable part of the job. It will give me a chance to recognize and focus on my weaknesses. It also provided me with insight and experience on how this type of health care field is run. In conclusion, this externship occurrence with the combination of my education, when presented the opening I am self-assured that I will be a reliable medical assistant.  less
Pros
The Doctor picking me up from my residence
Cons
No lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MD At Home. Our community is ready to answer.

MD At Home Reviews by Location