MD Now Urgent Care Employee Reviews

It is a good place to work if you are flexible
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Typical shifts are 12 hours 3 days a week but they are always short staff so they will most likely call to ask you to come in. But the actual people are great to work with.
Pros
Overtime
Good benefits
Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Depends which department you work in when it comes to your schedule and flexibility. Billing Department could use more management and structure. Phones ring and no one answers and not one person ever gets in “trouble” for it. They definitely have the favorites and they get away with anything
Pros
Free healthcare visits at urgent care. Free lunch once a month. Coffee is free :)
Cons
favoritism
Company with no priorities for it's employees or patients
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 29, 2018
Priority number 1, 2, and 3 for this company is billing. They persistently under-staff to kill employees but cut costs. The policies don't make sense and make life harder for employees and patients, but allows them to bill insurance companies more. If you're a hard worker, your ethic will be abused by others looking to slack. Thinking for yourself is frowned upon. Corporate is unwilling to improve and will freak out if given suggestions on how to improve patient flow or morale for employees who work on the floor. Your schedule for the month may not be published until the month begins. There are nice people who work here, but even they seem beaten down. This is a company with very little vision and with little learning or growth potential for clinical staff. But, it is a job.
Pros
high patient volume if you need experience
Cons
Poor policy, poor organization
A good place to work at for those new to the medical field
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Lighthouse Point, FL; Down town Ft. LauderdaleNovember 7, 2018
My time at MD Now Urgent Care was productive and occasionally hectic. I learned a lot while I was there. I was lucky enough to work with several well trained and confident professionals from the doctors on staff to my fellow co-workers. I believe that anyone who is starting out in the medical field should definitely work for MD Now Urgent Care.
Pros
Full benefits whether working part or full-time, working and interacting with professionals from different cultures
Cons
typical three to four 12hr shifts a week.
November 12, 2018

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

Would not recommend
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLNovember 3, 2018
The job is too stressful and requires way too much to be paid under $15 per hour. If the pay was higher and benefits were better then the pros of the job would outweigh the bad.
Long hours, not enough employees
Front Desk Receptionist/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLOctober 10, 2018
Long hours, not enough employees. Employees who ave been employed there are paid less then employees just hired. They do promote from within, lots of opportunities for advancement
October 28, 2018

Hi, thank you for your review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at MD Now Urgent Care!

I like something fun like checker
Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 4, 2018
I love to work experience and I want do something cleaning.
I like keep busy than do nothing. I love job because I like to keep cleaning. If they tell me what to do I do it for everything. Just follow duties.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Take break
October 28, 2018

Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Simple and to the point tasks. Corporate . Can be enjoyable with a pleasant clinical supervisor. Basic medical assistant everyday tasks. Can be overwhelming when patients show up all at once
Cons
Short Breaks
Good job to start.
RT/ Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLAugust 13, 2018
It is a good job to start your job experience, but it is not for the long term. Too much work, really low salaries (specially for RT's) , the management it's always changing on how to do stuff, it's just a mess.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Falling apart
BXMO (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 26, 2018
Overall not a great place to work. Constant changes, lack of communications between managers and lack of employees. MD Now always asking you to pick up the slack they themselves cannot handle with little to no thanks when you do.
very busy
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 17, 2018
Lot of work and the pay was too low, 4 hours with out a brake for $10 and hour, like working there because it was close to home. Was employee of the month 2 months in a row while working there that was great.
Cons
no breakes
working at MD was the best experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 18, 2018
My experience with MD now is expectable, i remember when i first started, it used to stressful to me because i didn't know the system that much, by working everyday, and i had a great team member it shows me how to be a better person each and everyday, I need to move up with career so that's why i left them, and i couldnt focus with my master class online, so far its a great for to work with.
Pros
Free lunch every friday
Cons
Short break
learning experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 8, 2018
Worked there for a little over a yr. Hours were 3 days a week 12 hr shifts, open everyday. The manager I had was lovely but I can't say the same for all of them. Turnover rate is ridiculous wouldn't not go back to save my life.
The pay is poor
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 1, 2018
The pay is extremely low in comparison to other acute care facilities.
Hours are given preference to full time employees. They hire more part time employees as they do not want to pay for benefits
terrible company
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMay 30, 2018
i was fired from MD because of tattoos their hr department claimed were OK when i went to my orientation, they told me it was ok that I didn't have to worry about tattoos I have on my hand.
Ok, Entry Level Position
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLMay 30, 2018
MD Now was a transitional job for me. The pay is very low especially for those who work the Front Desk. I took the job understanding that it is really an entry-level job for people right out of school with little to no work experience and who may or may not have an interest in the health care field. That said, they have expanded exponentially during my short 1.5 year tenure there, constantly adding new offices to the South Florida region, yet do not raise their employees pay to meet the cost of living. Unless you work in corporate, you work a nurse's schedule in that you put in 12+ hour workdays, but they are very strict about not exceeding 38-39 hours a week. Once you hit over 40 they are required to pay you over time but you will get written up and put through the wringer for it.

The manager at my location was cool and I didn't have any issues with her.
Pros
"Free", yet not great, health insurance plan through Aetna, Only work 3 days a week
Cons
One 30 minute break for a 12+ hour shift, extremely low pay, not many opportunities for advancement
May 31, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We value and consider all feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve those areas we missed in delivering a great workplace experience for you. Again, thank you for your feedback and feel free to contact our HR Department should you like to further discuss with us.

Sincerely,

Human Resources Department
MD Now Medical Centers, Inc.

think twice before you work here
X-ray technician/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMay 19, 2018
If your an xray tech just work at a hospital. This place doesn't pay well, will have you travel everywhere, and have you do everything but take xrays.
Great Place to work
Front Desk Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 9, 2018
Great place to work. Hours were great. Upper management team was fair and very professional. Place was expanding when I left and would have never left if I hadn't moved. .
Pros
Free Lunches on Mondays
Would not recommend
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 6, 2018
This would be a good place to work for those who are unqualified for their positions. Those seeking a career should steer clear of MD Now.
Your co-workers are unpredictable at best. If you're not careful, you WILL be the only one doing any work. As a person who actually cares about their work and patient satisfaction, that job was always mine.
All the managers I have met have been very friendly. However, you cannot trust them if they promise you a raise or promotion. You don't even get promoted unless you kiss the right behinds in corporate. Additionally, all managers and corporate are close friends outside of work. If one person doesn't like one thing about you (no matter if it's even relevant to the workplace), they will turn them all against you and make your work life more miserable than it already is.
Pay is a joke. Simply put. They pay so far below the average income for our positions, it's insulting. The turn around rate at MD Now is through the roof. No one is happy and employees are consistently seeking employment elsewhere.
Oh, and those free Monday lunches others spoke of? They no longer offer them. The larger the company gets, the more employees suffer. You must stay at the front desk at all times unless another front desk is there as well. And yes! You WILL work shifts all by yourself. Also, they'll tell you with such certainty they will never schedule you three days in a row. They do - frequently. Yes, there's generally 3 12-hour shifts which sounds great, but wait until you're scheduled 7:45am - 8pm Thurs., Fri., Sat., Sun., Mon., Tues. because those are two
  more... different weeks/pay periods. And if someone calls out, no matter if it's your day off, if you've made plans or you've just worked 36+ hours in a row, you'll have to come in and cover that lazy co-worker's shift. And yes, that also happens frequently.
Because of their policies, there are a lot of unhappy patients. You WILL be threatened and/or attacked by them. This seriously happens. But you can't do anything back. You can't even say anything to them or you're fired. There will be moments you actually fear for your life.
The only reason someone should even consider employment here is to obtain experience for their resume or as a temporary stand-in until they find something better. It's pretty hard for people not to get hired by them.
Healthcare is no longer free. The health plans are bogus.
Your job must be your number one priority and only committment at all times. You will not have time for schooling or a second job or to spend time with your family (unless you're part-time).
The workload is tremendous and you never hear a thank you from any higher-ups or management. You're never told you're doing a good job. In fact, several managers have told their employees during reviews, they're not allowed to rate them over a 3 star (ratings are 1-5). And the 3 star is given only to workers who give all their time and life to MD Now.
This is undoubtedly the most unprofessional, stuck up, and rude company I have ever worked for.
If you're considering a job and are reading this - RUN!
Pros
Co-workers are usually very nice.
Cons
Everything else.
Wonderful”
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLApril 21, 2018
Wonderful”

Sometimes, I genuinely feel like being employed at Sample Supports has been like winning the lottery. I get to work with some incredible clients, and
Pros
good people, good manage
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MD Now Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8