MDC Vacuum Products Employee Reviews

Poor management and little to no teamwork.
Production (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 12, 2019
The people that work there can not be trusted. You can expect little if any help from your fellow employees. Management is absolutely terrible they will throw you under the bus to take the blame for there mistakes.
Pros
sick pay
Cons
raises are rare
Great Company that Offers Challenging and Rewarding Work
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2019
I have been with MDC three years now, and can say that it has been a great experience. The management team is very friendly, they listen to my input, and they trust me enough to let me work remotely from my home office in another state. My supervisor is very supportive and understanding. I know that I can always go to him with any questions or concerns I have and he'll do his best to help me. The work environment can be stressful at time, but that is mainly due to how quickly we are growing and changing. So, it is a lot of hard work to keep up with demands, but it is very rewarding. The company offers great benefits and there are bonuses if we are meeting our growth targets. Overall, it's a good company with a lot of career growth opportunities. I'd highly recommend working here.
Pros
Work from home, good benefits, great supervisor, friendly coworkers, and travel
Cons
High stress environment, but worth it.
It is very poor plact top heavy
Senior machinist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 8, 2018
This is a RED FLAG. Stay as far as you can. You have seen the posting for a long time, right?. People have confusing understanding about how the management works here. A young kid is the machining manager and a biker is a director. Cheap second culture maybe a goof fit out of desperation if you are broke and need money. Machines with no proper tooling and pushy top management to make the most profit out of you they can. They are full of games too. You are in a ever changing games they play with you make work harder and push parts through the door. It is a unprofessional place wasting people gas to drive for job interview. SAVE your GAS look for w better place
Pros
Big Machine
Cons
Poor pay and incompetent management
Flexibility
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 24, 2018
Hours were flexible and not a lot of micromanaging. As long as your work was completed each day, you could pretty much make your own hours. Very accomodating when it came to having appointments or issues arise.
Pros
great team
Cons
some staff was annoying and bothersome at times
Medium size company with good work/family life balance and good benefits.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 10, 2018
MDC Vacuum Products is a medium size company with established reputation in the vacuum instrumentation industry, that provides quality equipment and components to national research labs and worldwide educational research institutions. They have a large machine shop and high vacuum welding shop. The work and family life balance is great, the work pace is very stable and the job security is good. The management and work environment are more on the traditional/old school side, not very flexible here.
Pros
Work/family life balance.
Cons
Not too many places around to buy lunch, located in a very industrial area.
fun
wet lab (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 15, 2018
it was relaxing but motivation at the same time, its a very nice calm job but also make sure your motivated before work. loving the work place .an also wanting to go back .
Pros
lunches sometimes
Cons
n\a
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 17, 2017
This was by far one of the best jobs i ever had. Everyone that was present in the warehouse was very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed meeting new people such as vendors and delivery personnel. Every co-worker played a big part of me enjoying working for MDC Vacuum Products.
Pros
My supervisor was excellent
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent employer
technical sales engineer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 29, 2011
Outstanding room for advancement, good coomunication between the ranks.
Pros
communication with management, room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MDC Vacuum Products. Our community is ready to answer.

MDC Vacuum Products Reviews by Location