MDS Communications

• Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Flexible place to work with opportunities for advancement

MDS provides a fun, flexible environment for employees. There are many opportunities for earning extra income by bonusing and promoting within the company. The managers are supportive and take pride in helping their agents succeed on the phones.

Pros

Bonus opportunities, flexibility, supportive management

Lack of Culture

Lack of diversity. They allow people of color to work there, but treat them like horrible. I hope things have changed for the better. I'm sure it has, if management has change.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Lack of diversity, especially management

fair place to work

Tough job but company is ok to work for . raising funds following their scripts word for word is difficult high turn over rate but the company is ok .

Pros

bonuses

Cons

difficult job

Stressful

They offer a lot of extra dollars to bonus but don’t mention how hard it is to receive them.. if they want their employees to succeed and do their best they shouldn’t put constant stress on them and have all these requirements to only be paying $12.15. I heard few long time employees also have complained about the pay and they worked with the company for over 5 years. This job is very hard and you have to have tough skin.

Pros

Bonus and overtime

Cons

Hard to bonus and strict upper management

Productive , community, and very amazing management

They were always helpful in training and they were constantly communicating with individuals and they handle disgruntled employees very very professionally I would love to work there again

Pros

Free drinks and lunch on saturdays

Cons

Short breaks

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Pay sucks

For how mentally draining the job can be they don't pay you enough. The people and the coaches are great though. You can definitely sense the family vibe when walking in.

Cold Calling

They lie and say it’s not cold calling, but over 1/2 the calls are people who don’t even support whatever issue you are raising money for. If you don’t raise enough money you can get fired, they make you push people into giving.

Love it

I absolutely love MDS Communications. I love the managers, the programs we call in, the call center vibe, all of it! I will work here probably for the rest of my life.

Cons

Not the job I expected / applied to work.

Applied for Customer Service Rep and when end of training was told we were Communications Specialists. It was a surprise. Have to work with company 1 year to get paid holidays. Even if the company is closed.

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Telemarketer work. Dialer routes calls to your queue.

Home work

Good job to work from home with. Great pay and super nice workers. Would recommend working here to people. Pandemic caused a set back but still a great job

Company really has a family feel to it

Workplace really had a family feel to it and they encouraged everyone to become friends and do activities together. Really got to know my managers more on a personal level. Work can get tedious and hard especially with donors yelling or screaming that it is a scam when you are doing telefundraising for non profit and political campaigns.

Great atmosphere!

I worked for MDS for just a few short months unfortunately due to personal reasons I had to leave but if I had a chance to go back I would. Great people, location and break room! Their mission and the foundation's they help reflect extreme humanitarian values.

Pros

Getting to work there

Cons

Having to clock out!

Ever have an old lady crying to you about not able to pay her medical bills?

The managers are openly picking favorites, and extremely unprofessional to a point of view constant harassment. The flexibility is nice and some people are okay but the job is mentally draining. The team managers are often trying their best but the floor managers often ruin any good faith or will the employees have with them.

Pros

Flexible and some co-workers.

Cons

Management will do their best to fire people they don't like.

Fair

Politics and religion type call center nice area Fry's food Walmart sometimes employees get free massages at the job free coffee fast fun environment.

Pros

Weekly pay free coffee lunch

Cons

Cold calling

Management Will Make Leave - Pay Will Make Stay

Depending on how well you get donations and what schedule you choose to work, you can get some really nice weekly paychecks. $11 first two weeks of training, then they bump you up to 12 full time or part time mon-fri - $13 Mon-fri and mandatory saturday 9-5pm - or $14 Mon-fri 1-9pm and mandatory saturday and you can choose which ever day of the week you can want off. They give people who have bad backgrounds or who have gotten in trouble with the law a second chance but it's meaningless to someone who wants to be treated with respect over keeping a job. Management was so bad they had to bring someone from corporate office to babysit our floor manager because he was disrespecting and belittling his employees, playing favorites, and becoming way too involved in people's medical and personal problems to the point he needed to control the situation and make decisions for these people. Management has no sense of boundaries and if it wasn't for HR, the branch would be a **** show and people would be leaving more often. Be prepared to take the fall for the miscommunication between your superiors giving you directions. If you're ready for Trump Rally's and conservative ideologies lodged down your throat as well as in meetings; this is the job for you. Every month is a "let's give everyone a trophy for doing good." They claim it's a family atmosphere, but after a while you don't feel like you are treated like family and if I have to abide by "The 4 Principles of MDS" and they don't have to - then it's a company that can't be held responsible for taking care and treating their employees -

Love this place

I really enjoy working at this place it's very Christian oriented my manager is very helpful and the people treat me like family it can be challenging at times cuz a lot of donors don't want to help out but thats understandable to me in this day and age.

MDS has a great work environmemt

A great work environment... Friendly work environment... Encouraging & Caring to their employees Flexible Environment..... Continuous training .... One-one employee feedback...

Not what you think it is

Not a job, it’s a big competition for a paycheck. Totally luck of the draw as to who you get. Unrealistic competition at that. No job security at all. Worst place to work ever. V

Not for me

They’re a great company however we share different views so it made my tasks slightly difficult. They are a Christian and republican based company (not that that’s a bad thing) but there’s that.

Unfair for their expectations

This company claims to be religious and supportive but they are demanding and judgmental. They are way to pushy and will fire you with unfair cause. You are expected to meet ridiculous quotas and standards.

Very fast paced call center doing great charity work for non profit organizations and groups. Does require novice computer skills n ability to speak fluently and requires lots of patience as there comes a lot of rejection with this job. Great coaches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MDS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• MDS Communications
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?