MDT Personnel Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Company is no longer in business
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 30, 2018
Review in minimal as company is no longer in business. More likely because of how little they paid employees while making triple of what they offered for assignment and management that favored employees for assignments..
My Day at MDT Personnel
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 23, 2018
Working for MDT Personnel on a day to day level was great. because we were a staffing company I got to meet and help people find work long term or short term and I enjoyed my work.
MDT Personnel
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 17, 2018
It was very fast working environment and long hours. I worked out of the Burlington coat factory warehouse in San Bernardino and it was long hours with weekends off most the time.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
It was an okay work place
Truck Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALDecember 8, 2017
It was an OK work place just wasn't being ran the right way it was sloppy the front office running around like chicken's with there heads cut off but when we did have work they kept us working when they wasn't tryna cheat us out of hours
Pros
Wasnt any
Cons
20min lunch breaks
productive enviroment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 4, 2017
A typical day at work eight hour shift. Became a shipping & receiving clerk after being a material handler. The most enjoyable part was at the end of the day when all my responsibilities were completed.
Good place to work if you want to stay busy and are capable of working with minimal direction
Demolition Worker- Clean Up Crew (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 26, 2017
Went to work, Told what to do and was left to our own devices to work and get the job done. Often had to look for the foreman which was hardly ever on site and had to wait for any info from different people who claimed to be management.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
so sad
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 17, 2017
sorry to say they went out of business and I actually had a lot of fun there. we did everything from construction to office work. They had absolutely no problem keeping me working.
Pros
work when you was
Cons
they pay min wage
Warehouse work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2017
I worked at MDT as a temp worker while I lived in PA to help my Dad who was sick. I worked at Burlington coat factory in the shipping department. It was fast pasted and the work was great.
Labor
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2017
Work at various locations on a daily basis completing demolition work, clean-up duties, assembly line, concrete, clean up, stocking store merchandise, painting, installation, electrical, warehouse, pallet jack, cherry pick
good day labor company
Branch Manager, Sales, Safety (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 23, 2017
Some day labor companies run through people and don't seem fair, MDT was fair and non-judgemental.
They also assisted in free MOT certificates with the FDOT. This was a plus to help some people get prevailing wage jobs with higher rates of pay.
Productive and inspiring
Sales Executive/BDM (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2017
A typical day would be for us to have a meeting in the morning to see what needed to be accomplished and done.

looking at all the employees in the lobby looking for work was a very motivating factor for myself.

management was not really involved as much as I would have liked especially since I have never done sales before.

the workplace culture was great and a very small office

the hardest part of the job is not having enough work for the people that come to us looking for work.

the most enjoyable part of the job is when they reach out to say thank you!
Pros
na
Cons
na
Its a temp agency
Commercial HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 25, 2017
Its a temp. Agency ,they were fair with thier pay .i didnt like that ypu always had to switch job sites and having to go back everyday for your check wasnt fun
Pros
Paid everyday
Cons
Not guaranteed work
Senior Technical Recruiter & IT Coordinator
Senior Technical Recruiter & IT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 7, 2017
Greet candidates, build rapport and facilitate the application process including administering application, testing and employment forms.(i.e. I-9,W-4),Made sure application process was complete; Write, place, and manage all Internet and newspaper ads
Resume development, job placement assistance, provide supportive services, proficient in instructing Life Skills classes, and individual counseling as required; Used recruiting channels such as networking, sourcing on major job boards such as Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com, Hotjobs.com, Dice and other internet based sites.
Coordinated interviews, negotiated offers and coordinated start dates for candidates and background checks. Source security cleared candidates (DoD, Secret, Top Secret, TSI, TSI w/Poly) for major defense contracting companies. Recruited for oracle developers, business objects consultants, data warehousing candidates, project managers, SAP consultants, C, C++, Java and web developers, Software Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Network Engineers and Linguist.
Unusual work place
CONTRACT FACILITATOR (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 22, 2016
Very poor work conditions .sporadic quality work ,no employee incentives ,no performance review and very little chance of upward advancement
Pros
Cons
Inconsistent
stressful workplace
labor assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 13, 2016
a typical work day would be consistently hit or miss. I would have work one day and have no work the next. the hardest part of the job was not having work everyday. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn new skills and meeting new people. my co-workers were different everyday
Pros
getting to work
Cons
not having consistant work
Quickly found a position for me
PCP (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 11, 2016
MDT now known as Labor Ready were very professional and quickly found a position at Silver Line Plastics for me. They explained the position very well and worked on any problem.
plenty of busy work to keep you occupied
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 11, 2016
During a typical day at work i would learn how to use power tools in certain areas of the construction site. How to remove insulation. Operate a scissor lift on a daily basis
not alot of work available
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2015
sometimes there was not enough work and sometimes the work was only minimum wage and the work was in NJ managers spoke Spanish
Pros
work....
Cons
crowded bus 6 am bus may leave you in NJ
it was niec work
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2015
Working with both company's was fun alittle bit of life got in the way on my side.. but both company pay will and had a happy Environment al and all it was nice
Professional environment, co-workers very nice, learned something new every day
State Tax Assistance (Former Employee) –  Richmind, VirginiaNovember 11, 2015
a very professional environment, enjoyed working with my co-workers. Learned something new everyday about filing taxes, learning tax rules for all the different states and what the requirements were. This was the most enjoyable, along with documentation about the requirements for each state tax return. My manager/trainer was wonderful to work for and with.
Pros
very flexible hours
Cons
no cons