MDV Nash Finch Employee Reviews

Family orientated enviroment
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 4, 2018
I liked everything about the company and would work there again if i had the oppurtunity.thetes nothing more to say about working at this job. You would have to apply there yourself.
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Short breaks
Haha nope
Picker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 28, 2018
No thanks.no training and you work way harder then ur paid for. I'd recommend to someone fresh out of high school learning about why you should go to college. "HR" was really nice but has no clue what it's like working on the floor.felons and no hs diploma needed.
Pros
Three days off, benefits
Cons
Training is joke, workload isnt over until complete even if it 3am
Just a Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 28, 2018
If you can not find a job anywhere else and need to pay your bills, this is a last resort job for you. Do not plan on staying long, unless you can not find another job.
Friendly and active workplace with plenty of overtime opportunities.
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 5, 2017
I highly recommended this job for people with a high powered work ethic. Rewards for going above and beyond are evident, and all the staff are very helpful.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 10, 2017
My job as a selector is to supplies cold products to military commissaries located on the Eastern Coast of the United States. This includes picking frozen and chill products using a Vocollect headset and a battery operated riding pallet jack, this system would call out the product to be pick. Once the product is received, it is inspected, packed and loading on trailers for deliveries. Some of the products get put in the wrong locations; it is then put in frustrated status. I would use a handheld scanner to scan the barcode labels for the correct location. After working in the freezer for (8) years it took a toll on body, I took a ((6) months break between jobs for health reasons.
Pros
Cookouts
Cons
Cold working environment.
Good job
Order Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Midland, GAJuly 28, 2017
Not for those with weak knees
Company incentives
Manager give aways inside each branch
Veteran friendly to the very highest regard.
great warehouse job for growth
Supervisor/ Leadman (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJune 29, 2017
the job required the transfer of work from day shift to night shift so having picking skills and loading skills were a must and knowledge of forklift, sit and standing were essential to accomplish the job on a daily basis.
Pros
cookouts every three months for hitting daily goals
Cons
expensive healthcare benefits
poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 16, 2017
Upper management hasn't a clue. No support is given to floor supervisors.

Training isn't even done, employees and supervisors are expected to learn as they work.
Good Climate to Work
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, GAApril 26, 2017
Everyone made an honest effort to be successful. The job is competitive and everyone wanted to successful in accomplishing their goal. There is a lot to learn.
productive place to work and earn a living
Warehouse/Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 12, 2017
A great place to work. If given the opportunity to come back to work at MDV, I will jump to it and come back to the company without questions. Good .
Pros
stable pay check
Cons
Safety concerns
great company but could be manage better
Warehouse Selector (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDApril 6, 2017
its a great company to be in but seems a bit unstable for the long run due to management. Shouldn't be having issues with documents and policy changes every week without notification
Productive, fast pace, great cookout
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJanuary 18, 2017
Everyday is fast past from start to finish order selectors and lift drivers all are on percentage . I've learn that a company must have a strong culture to be successful meaning supervisors and associates must respect each other communicate and work together. My hardest time every day was start of shift for loading . But the people made I worked with made it easy to return to work every day.
Mdv
Dispatcher/Clerk, Account Payable (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, Va. & Columbus, GAAugust 9, 2016
Is a very good job to be at and the people are incredible. I thank them for giving me the opportunity to be multi-task and the job is not limited to one person. If you are willing to learn, they were willing to teach.
Productive and exciting work space
Forklift Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDApril 18, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of preventive maintenance checks and repairs on warehouse equipment and the warehouse. Management was great. Supervisors and employees worked efficiently as a team with little to no opposition. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that my supervisor went home with a smile.
Great learning environment.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 13, 2015
Good learning possibilities. Dealing with vendors and deliveries. Good, fun working environment. Open door policy. Great safety standards.
n/a
order selector (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 26, 2015
love everything about the job but management didn't have any job security they didn't care about there employees.Money was good just was very unorganized
Very fun place to work. I enjoyed my time there. It was very memorable.
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 13, 2015
I have learned a lot there and I will apply my new skills In everything that I do from this day foreward. There was always a new adventure each week. You never knew what the day would hold for you. It was all exciting to be able to talk to people from across the country was great.
Pros
Alot of employees get along great. Its like a family.
Cons
short breaks, no cafeteria
Productive and great company to work for.
Accounts Payable Clerk I and II (Former Employee) –  Norfolk VirginiaAugust 2, 2015
• Receive in all checks that are for Accounts Payable and tallied up the amounts and distributed to Accounts Receivable
• Matched all invoices together on a daily basis to ensure accuracy and timely process
• Performed research for all Accounts Payable II Clerks for invoices discrepancy resolution
• Matched invoices to purchase orders confirmed the amount of products ordered to the totals received
• Provided senior level leadership and junior level employees by answering questions and assisting in special project completion
• Preformed simple, routine accounting clerical tasks to include, but not limited to data entry, post invoice payments, calculate and verify amounts, file accounting records.
• Assisted in the preparation of accounting reports by following standard accounting procedure and instruction
• Assisted in all audits and research in a timely manner
Pros
Great Company
Cons
lifting heavy boxes
Good pace to work.
Logistic Technician Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, GADecember 29, 2014
Good benefits and pay. Great days off with seniority. The worst thing about the job was never knowing what time you were going to clock out. Some of the managers did not deserve their positions due to bad decision making.. My co-workers were good people and I miss them.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
unknown work hours and short lunch break.
Great Company
Accounts Payable Clerk I and II (Former Employee) –  Norfolk VirginiaDecember 9, 2014
• Assisted in all audits and research in a timely manner