Mead & Hunt Employee Reviews

Good projects, good work environment
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 17, 2018
Good projects, good work environment.
Sometimes expected to work long hours. Occasional travel was manageable. Overall was able to maintain a reasonable work life balance.
Outstanding Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach/Florence, SCApril 9, 2018
Mead & Hunt is a great place to work. They give me the tools I need to do my job well, invest in me as an employee and a person, and find value in what I add to the team. I feel the compensation is well above average. Management takes an interest in me and my co-workers. I can't imagine a better place to work.
Pros
Excellent Pay and Benefits, Great Work Environment
Cons
I can't think of one.
A great company to work for...
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Southeast USMarch 20, 2018
I worked in the public sector for a long period of time and I have worked for a couple of other engineering consulting firms. What sets M&H apart are a couple of things:

The company consciously creates an atmosphere conducive to employee retention(The employee turnover rate is less than 5%).This is almost unheard of...

Every employee goes to Madison,,WI for two days of orientation and meets the CEO, President, Director of Human Resources and several resource persons face to face. Most issues that are vexing new employees are addressed while at orientation. I don't know of any other company that does this.

All is not perfect-The hiring process needs to be more streamlined for extremely competitive situations, but this is a work in progress.

Overall, I am extremely happy with my decision to join Mead & Hunt.
The corporate plan is solid but some group leaders don't know how to execute on it.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 20, 2018
The corporate message and culture are great but once you get into the weeds of some groups all hope is lost; poor middle management, lack of vision and no concept of what business develop is and how it differs from marketing is going to be the downfall.
People are great, overall culture is good.
Engineering firm
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 23, 2018
Worked 8-5, monday through friday. Always busy, but relaxed atmosphere. A lot of project management and autonomy. I liked being in charge of projects.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Great first Job
Summer intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 24, 2017
The older engineers love their jobs and are willing to teach. Work life balance was great. People who work there are very friendly and they include you in lots of out of work activates.