Mead Johnson Nutrition Employee Reviews

Great experience and fair compensation
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 2, 2018
I learned to manage my day absent direct supervision. Empowered to make marketing, budgeting, and scheduling decisions. Learned great management skills and exceptional sales experience with documented results. Earned above average commission semi-annually and enjoyed the team atmosphere which enabled me to enhance professional skills.
Pros
Flexible Schedule and Brand Management Experience
Cons
Delayed and Unclear Performance Based Compensation
Excellent Company
DATA CENTER MANAGER / SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 26, 2018
Mead Johnson was one of the best companies I have worked at in my career. Unfortunately when new management took over - the company went down hill and was asked to relocate which was impossible for me.
Relaxed and friendly environment
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MISeptember 21, 2018
I really enjoyed the fact that I got my own desk that locked so I could leave my belongings there and I had my own desk extension. I really liked working on the computer and having my own work email. There was always something to do weather you felt like sitting and working or if you wanted to be active while working,
Pros
Choose your own break times
Cons
Had to change your shoes upon arrival so in the winter you get wet socks easily
fast working assembly line work
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INAugust 23, 2018
we produced baby formula packaging at a fast paced
it was only a temp to hire spot with it beeing almost impossible to advance to a fulltime spot or any paid time off
Pros
some insurance most weekends off
Cons
low pay
No room for advancement
QC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIAugust 1, 2018
We were bought out a year ago and the morale is horrible. Management sucks. Expecting you to do more work for less pay (I took a pay-cut at the beginning of the year). Only promotions for the brown nosers and not those who deserve it!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
flexible sales job that gives you an opportunity for great access into physician offices.
Territory Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, WIJuly 27, 2018
-Calling on pediatricians, OBGYN and hospital Labor And Delivery and NICUs.
-Learned how hospitals work and how products used in the hospital impact retail sales.
-management not very involved
-great access in physicians offices.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with hospitals and all of their regulations.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are providing the best nutrition available next to human milk.
Pros
comany car
Cons
weak incentive compensation
Great co-workers, but unreasonable demands from upper management
LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 11, 2018
There is a good team oriented environment. MJN makes great products that can truly make a difference. I feel safe at work, and they have a great cafeteria. Work hours are flexible in the laboratories, but OT must be pre-approved. This has become a slight issue since they have increased the sample quantity but decreased testing time allotted. IF you like multitasking and keeping track of large amounts of data, you will enjoy this job. The people there are great to work with, but they are a little ragged from the demands forced upon them by upper management.
Pros
Great cafeteria, awesome coworkers
Cons
only pre approved OT
A good place to work
QA/QC Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 10, 2018
The people are friendly and welcoming. The work culture is excellent. Management has a tendency to overlook employee input when instigating projects, which can be frustrating. There are also few advancement opportunities. Overall its a great place to work, but difficult to make a career here.
Temp Agency
General Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJune 5, 2018
- 12 hour shifts
- company paid for required shoes (vouchers)
- uniforms supplied and cleaned by company
- 2yr contract with ability to return after 6mo off
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no fans allowed
General Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJune 3, 2018
Depending on where you get put in, the job can be fast pace or a relaxing pace. Now getting hire into there is a lot harder then other place and many people who work as a contract end up working until there contract expire or get let go.
Ambiente de trabajo responsable
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Venezuela, PRMay 31, 2018
Excelente empresa de la industria farmacéutica, ambiente de trabajo cordial, responsable, ético.
Pros
Beneficios laborales
Cons
Ninguno
very mean coworkers
Senior Accounts Receivable Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 23, 2018
My co-workers harassed me on many occasions. I tried to talk to them and then went to management. it turned out they blamed me and then ended up firing me after I refused to apologize for something I didn't do.
Productive place to work
SAP Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 22, 2018
Passion for delivery and quality is always present in the company. Fast paced projects delivery and multiple projects at a given time.Great people to work with.
Fastpace comfortable place
Production Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 17, 2018
Management could be better. Rules not always followed fairly. No a bad place to work. Team oriented and clean facility. Worked hard and sometimes long hours.
Low pay.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, IN 47620May 4, 2018
The two worst things about this place are probably that they only pay $9/hr as a temp and $10/hr hired on, and you never know when you're going to get hired on. Most places will hire you on after 90 days, with this place its "when a position opens up".... which could be never. However, it took me about 8 months. They also "lay off" almost everyone during winter time because business is slow, so if you aren't on the one line that still needs to run, you're not going to have a job for very long.
Peoductive
Sales Merchandising Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRApril 23, 2018
Work with the team of sales merchandising, we worked selinng in the retail market, making the order of products, a put the products in the store, coordinate inside shoppers, coordinate pricing, negotiate product offers and product price discount.
Turbulent
Manager, North American Innovation Projects (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 20, 2018
Smart people who want to do the best for the business but have been stuck in turbulent times as the business has IPO'd and now sold again. Likely more change coming.
Good company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 24, 2018
Good people, products, and mission statement. Employees believe and embody the core behaviors that dictate how we do what we do. Strong culture that celebrates personal acheivement.
Pros
people
Cons
Category contraction
Enfamil is a great product to represent, but unique market conditions are not factored into alternative marketing strategies.
Senior Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 18, 2018
Overall, a very enjoyable job initially, but is becoming more 'Pharma' like with a 'one size fits all' mentality. Mead Johnson provides a great product portfolio with science that outperforms other formula companies. Hospital and WIC contracts ultimately dominate what formula is purchased by consumers.
Pros
Enfamil has advantages and benefits vs. competitors, Science and claims are valid and driven by 'Enfamil providing the best start in life;
Cons
Competitors marketing tactics are much more aggressive and "questionable"
static place of employment, little team building, not a creative place to work
Sales and Property Tax Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 30, 2018
An ambitious experienced professional would not enjoy working here. Part of the problem is the location in Eansville with small town attitudes and not a thriving cultural environment
Pros
Great fitness center, little overtime
Cons
boring place to work and employees are valued