MeadWestvaco

MeadWestvaco Employee Reviews

MeadWestvaco insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good people

Everybody willing to help you because of the team concept...always something to do and you must prioritize and multi task, every day. You work shift A, B, C or D. Days are 2-3, 3-2, 3-2,2-3

Is a very stressful place to be

they don't treat operator well, operator give their 100%for them and they never see no appreciation for their job, all they get is free pizza no bonus, no raise i would not recommend it to anyone.

Cons

Micro managment took credit for your work

Worst place to work for ever.. Had one supervisor tell me to go ahead with an idea and I was on my own if it failed.. Well we made record profits that year because of my idea and sure enough when it came review time he stated that I increased prices at HIS request! LOL I got a 2 % raise for it was well to boot.. thanks for rewarding my had work..

Pros

company vehicle

Cons

Micro management taking credit for your work..

Typical day

Arrived at work and talked to other departments to see if my schedule needs to be changed. I usually plan out the jobs for 13 mechanics. I have meeting last with other departments to plan out the schedule every 3 days. I am called throughout the day to handle issues that are not planned.

It was good

It was a very successful job hate they had to relocte.if they hadn't I would of still be there. I loved the over time it offered has never had another job after that kind of overtime before

laid back place to work

I would clock in when I first got there they didn't mind if I was early and they paid me for it. I would look at how many trucks that was coming in and out for the day on computer. Then I was start my work by either loading trucks or unloading with a fork lift. I made sure everyone else was caught up their job and assistant if they needed it.

Progressive workplace

The organization itself was growing in the direction of becoming more automated, which was a good thing, but for me I needed more growth opportunities! I found that there was not a lot of opportunities to advance my career.

Amazing company to work for.

I worked with some of the most talented and diverse individuals. Had the position not required relocation, I would still be employed with this organization.

Company is no longer MWV

MWV merged with Rock Tenn (based in Atlanta, GA) and became WestRock, so I have no opinion on working here since the company MeasWestvaco no longer exists.

Na

ok place. Traveled a lot worked with good people. work culture was positive and the company was ethical. I would recommend this place to anyone. Good luck

I wasn’t a bad place to work.

Treat people like you want to be treated. Shares your knowledge with new co-workers. Ask questions about work procedures. Most of all be safe on the job.

I was one of the 1st female die cutting operators, I felt very welcomed from day 1. The pay was good and the work was steady. I really enjoyed my time there and the only reason I left was bc my daughter was a senior in HS and it just became to much coming home 2x a week for her schooling and college needs. I lived 2.5 hrs away, but could afford to rent and pay bills at home.

Good place to work for

Very hard work and very hot, but as long as you did your job everything was good. Some people would tend to not do their job as well as they could or finish what they started.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Time away from family

Lots of work

When I was there I was given lots of grief about my activities outside of work and how some misfortune in those was about to cost me my job. Then I kept getting more work put on me, but no additional money.

Pros

fun people

Cons

lots of work but little pay

My First Salary position

I should not have left. The salary was not the best, but the job was great. I got caught up in chasing money. Wonderful people and management. Should still be there.

good place to work

Actively suggested operational improvements to enhance quality, improve production times and reduce costs.  Changed equipment over to produce new job.  Consulted chart specifications to select appropriate type and thickness of plate and silkscreen material for jobs.  Inspected finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.

Production job

I was only a temp through an agencies so there was no benefits to have or earn, the job could have been great with the proper amount of time to trained.

Pros

Clean place to work

Cons

was not enough time to be trained

MeadWestvaco

MeadWestvaco taught me valuable skills in my current career. I began with some knowledge of the job requirements but they taught me even more. I enjoyed my time there.

This is a good place to work the pay is fairly low it takes a lot of hours of overtime to make a good check but the work environment is slow paced and fair.

MWV Review

MeadWestvaco (MWV) was an exceptional employer. Their workplace culture was to provide all employees with an inclusive matrix environment that established a company wide commitment to excellence. We were a team and through the the process of implementation of new IT solution we all learned to understand and support our manufacturing facilities. The corporate IT groups were trained to engage end users for testing and managed system integration using a foundation ITIL process.

Pros

Training, employee support and management

Cons

IT budgets, these are always challenging

machine operator

work was very quick paced and at times stressful and hot. I learned a lot about working as a team and being focused on getting the job done right the first time around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MeadWestvaco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• MeadWestvaco