Meadowood Napa Valley Employee Reviews

High-end resort, great experience, and average compensation
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAJuly 16, 2018
You will learn as much or as little about the hospitality industry as you let yourself. I would recommend committing to the position that you apply for. No matter where you start, the most committed people are rewarded for their efforts. By committed, I mean giving your life to the job. Filling in on shifts, covering (more accurately, correcting) other people's mistakes; basically living and breathing the culture. It is cut-throat at times and the standards are, deservedly and righteously, extremely high.

That being said, the pay is average (maybe even below average) especially considering the venue and clientele. In contrast, adding the name to your resume could be rewarding enough for some.
Pros
Free meals, employee discounts, all expected benefits
Cons
Requires commitment, location is remote, pay is average or below
Security/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAJuly 6, 2018
Everyone is a big family there. Management was always helpful and there was plenty of room to advance. There is so many different departments there you could do just about anything you like.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement
Cons
Limited openings in Management
Cafeteria
Wine Director, The Restaurant at Meadowood (Former Employee) –  St. Helena, CAJune 13, 2018
The sporting life at Meadowood presently features golf, tennis, croquet, hiking and fitness. As part of of our continuing investment in our property, we have closed the fitness center and pools for a full renovation. A temporary, fully-equipped fitness center is open for our guests as well as a schedule of daily complimentary fitness classes. While wthey do not anticipate having swimming pools available until after the summer season, all other recreational services, activities and amenities, including croquet, tennis, golf, bicycling and hiking are available for our guests to enjoy.
Michelin 3 star Restaurant on property.
Fast Paced and friendly environment
Supervising Hotel Operator/ Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CA 94574May 29, 2018
A typical day at Meadowood would be to receive many internal and external calls. I did learn that it is best to never assume what the guest will need before hand. The management for this establishment is pretty well established. The culture for Meadowood is strongly enforced. I believe that the hardest part of the job for me was communicate with an angry guest, and finally the most enjoyable part of the job for me was making the guest happy at the end of the day.
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Saint Helena, CANovember 21, 2017
Good hours is always great . everyone that works at Meadowood Napa Valley is extremely nice , that's including employees and the management teams they make all their employees feel so welcoming and they always make sure that all employees are satisfied and happy with their jobs .
Pros
Cons
No breaks at times
Great place and a lot of opportunities
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Saint Helena, CASeptember 6, 2017
Working at mw is great because we have the chance to have Grow up you skills . Plus you work there for many hours with such hard workers and setting up big events for the hotel .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Experience may very depending on position
Estate Security (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Great, beautiful property. Management did not seem to care about the line staff. When I brought up things that could be improved upon I just created a target on my back resulting in lies being sent to upper management (which were disproven shortly after, but the manager remains). Little to no support for the graveyard shift. Departments didn't have that great of communication between each other. The rooms are outdated and things are constantly not working as they should. Alot of my coworkers were great people and were hardworkers, literally bending over backwards for the guests. High turnover rate which can mean you are going to work long hours, sometimes working until 11pm then open the following day due to being short staffed. My advice? Talk to someone in the position your interested in before applying.
Pros
Free lunches. High class clientele. Opportunity to meet some great people.
Cons
Management, outdated rooms. Offsite parking for employees. Long hours.
Pretty place, okay to work at
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Good staff, Poor executive staff. Staff offsite parking sucks. Pays pretty good depending on position. Lunch room is a plus. They dont seem to value line staff.
Pros
Lunch room
Cons
Poor insurance
Rewarding environment with cohesive employees and VIP Clientele
Catering Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CADecember 2, 2015
Dynamic environment to work in with a variety of personalities. Work load was task oriented, therefore I had the freedom to manage my own workload and utilize strong time management skills. The typical company politics applied, yet that was expected. I would have loved to remain in the company for my career, but moved to be with family.
Very Stressful work enviroment
management (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAJuly 14, 2015
Rooms need renovation to stop guest complants.
Everyone works hard to get the job done. No work lfe balance.
The grounds are beautifull but service all ways struggles.
slow paced, fun summer job
GREETER (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAMarch 19, 2015
*start the day at 10
* set up the pool areas
* greet guest

the management was fun and ready for anything. handled every situation with the upmost respect for the guests. helpful and sweet.

the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new people and showing them a wonderful experience for their vacation.
Luxury Resort with 5 diamond service
Bell Person - Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAMarch 10, 2014
Based on the culture of Meadowood I learned you have to be a step ahead of each guest to ensure their experience is great. The most enjoyable part of my job may be the people I work with. Meadowood's HR and Management has done a great job with teaming up employees that fit the culture and work well with others.
Pros
Free Lunch in the Cafeteria
Cons
Slower Seasons.
Wonderful Work Environment
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  St Helena CAJune 2, 2013
Great management and human resources department, very busy highend country club. Highly recommend working for this company
Server (Former Employee) –  Private DinningNovember 10, 2011
Most of the time it didn't feel like work because, I had fun working with my co-workers.
Pros
fun
Cons
hours