MeadowWood Hospital Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 32 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
- CEOPurcell Dye56%approve of Purcell Dye's performance
- Company size201 to 500
- HeadquartersNew Castle
Comprehensive Care with Compassion and Respect
MeadowWood Behavioral Health System is an 85-bed center where adolescents and adults can receive comprehensive treatment services for substance abuse, chemical dependency, and/or a range of mental health disorders.
Located on a beautiful 11-acre campus in New Castle, Delaware, MeadowWood offers a serene and comfortable environment in which patients can escape the stresses and pressures of their day-to-day lives and focus on making the therapeutic progress that will support long-term recovery.
Features of treatment at MeadowWood including the following:
• Medically monitored detoxification: A safe and supportive short-term program in which individuals can rid their bodies of substances of abuse prior to fully engaging in therapy.
• Adolescent Behavioral Health Program: Comprehensive care customized according to the unique needs of adolescents ages 12 to 17 who have been experiencing mental health or behavioral health challenges.
• Inpatient Adult Program: Specialized treatment for adult men and women ages 18 and above who need intensive psychiatric services in order to achieve stabilization.
• Senior Behavioral Health Program: Personalized services for older adults ages 55 and above who are experiencing age-related behavioral problems and complications related to dementia.
• Co-Occurring Program: Treatment for adolescents, adults, and senior adults who are experiencing chemical dependency and a co-occurring mental health disorder.
• Partial Hospitalization Day Program: Less intensive services for adolescents, adults, and seniors who can benefit from step-down support after completing an inpatient program or whose needs are not severe enough to mandate inpatient care.
You’re seeing all 12 jobs at MeadowWood Hospital because we can’t find any available jobs at MeadowWood Hospital close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Great workers n need to bring better insurance n also tuition reimbursement programmed they should also provide more training on the new hires and please try to bring back old employees.
The hospital overall morale was at an all time low; however, i met a few of the best people I could have met in my lifetime! They were my angels from day one! They helped me while being surrounded by burnt-out, selfish, and inconsiderate colleagues who made the job more difficult than it’s supposed to be. I loved working with the patients!
I enjoyed working with the patients, but not management. It's all about the numbers for them. They don't care about their staff or the patients. They are always understaffed forcing others to do multiple jobs without pay compensation.
I have worked for Meadowood for almost 5 years and have seen it decline. Management is null and void. Groups are barely ran. The place is disgusting. There’s always full trash bins spilling out onto the floor. There is no true Covid protocol in place. They had the audacity to offer us a pizza party for vaccination when we received $0 Covid hazard pay, nor does management let you know if you have been exposed to covid. Staff show up when and where they please. There is only one amazing coordinator and I tHink they take advantage of the poor dude. Paper charting and five days a week work weeks. You’d think they would cross over from the dark ages. No room for career growth. Almost always never enough staff and management never steps in to give a hand they just hide out in their office. High turnover rates. Small amount of food for patients including stale sandwiches for dinner on the weekends. Roaches in kitchen and patient rooms. Constant codes because of patient boredom, especially on the adolescent unit. I can’t wait to get out of here.
It was a really good company to work for. I loved my co workers even though we were understaffed often and stressed. It was a mental health facility so it was stressful but very rewarding
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 18 questions about working at MeadowWood Hospital. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from MeadowWood Hospital employees.
Insights from 14 Indeed users who have interviewed with MeadowWood Hospital within the last 5 years.
Can i keep up in a fast paced environment
Previous jobs,why would i want to work there,what are my strong and weak points.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- MeadowWood Hospital