Meals on Wheels Employee Review

View all Meals on Wheels reviews

Great organization
Video Journalist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 27, 2014
This non profit does some great things for the less fortunate and disabled. I loved spreading awareness of their hard work to the community and trying to get other involved to make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Good deed
Cons
Internship

Other Meals on Wheels Employee Reviews

Great people working together to care for those that need a bit of help...
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Roxanna, DEJune 20, 2018
I really enjoy being able to help out with Meals on Wheels...it's been a great experience to be able to go in, make meals (usually about 140 a day...the food is brought in and we pack it up in individual containers and seal them to be sent out), and when needed do a route and deliver meals to individuals who are home bound. The Meals on Wheels site I have helped out with is the one in Roxanna at the Pyle Center, and I have really enjoyed working with the people there. I have learned to read the sheets to see how many meals per sheet per route, milks or dietary needs, in order to insure correct meal delivery. I have also learned how to read the route sheets to help with directions for the route delivery. It is voluntary time, but it's worth it.
Pros
Volunteer Hours, Great People
Cons
Gas spent on deliveries
Meals on Wheels Tag Along Meal Deliverer
Meals on Wheels Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJune 16, 2018
My mom and I used to pick up the food and commodities at the site and go around Phelps County delivering meals to elderly people. It was kind of stressful, but I wanted to help my mom.