Meals on Wheels Employee Review

View all Meals on Wheels reviews

A wonderful organization that helps many in need.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 5, 2013
Meals on Wheels is one of the best non-profit organizations to work for. They help an endless amount of people who rely upon them and their volunteers. A typical day consists of obtaining your route and list of clients for the run, picking up the hot and cold meals at your designated hospital cafeteria, and then delivering the meals to each individuals place of residence to drop off and engage in friendly conversation for a few minutes. I usually worked alone, but the hospital staff was always friendly and my supervisor was always accommodating with my shift schedule. The hardest part of the job was not being able to stay longer to chat with the people you delivered meals to. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know these individuals and seeing how much of a difference you were making in their lives by simply interacting and caring about them.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Gas/mileage on your vehicle

Other Meals on Wheels Employee Reviews

Great volunteer opportunity!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIApril 22, 2018
Volunteering for this company was an amazing experience. Managers really cared about the work they were doing and the environment was warm/welcoming. I learned a great deal from visiting and delivering to the clients while volunteering here.
co-workers & volunteers were great to work with
Assistant Cook (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAApril 22, 2018
loved the people I worked with except manager...she was hard to get along with...she would throw work on you that wasn't approved by the board & not part of job description
Pros
The people & volunteers
Cons
not enough hours