Mears Group Employee Review

Fast Paced Rat Race
Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2017
A typical day at work is giving 110% and being told it's not enough. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management, other than that the job can be pretty simple. Depending on the crew you are on for the day you can learn a lot, some foreman will go out of their way to help you grow in the company, others will just simply want you to do what they say and only what they say. Upper management preaches family and unity, however are quick to throw a crew to the wolves if you are doing exactly what they want you to do and find out you're not supposed to be working in that area.
Pros
Decent pay and Overtime if it doesn't rain
Cons
Upper Management

Other Mears Group Employee Reviews

Great hours
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2019
My downfall with Mears Group was that it seems to be based off of the buddy system to a certain point. Some great guys to work with but advancement is sometimes over looked because of it. I believe that it is some people in management that should not be there but i also believe that the top guy (no names) truly has everyone's best interest at heart. It is just some of his managers below that try to sweep stuff under the rug to keep it from getting to him. Mears Group is growing too fast and losing great experience because of this with people being overlooked and the buddy system is in play for some individuals.
Pros
Great area manager and weekends off
Cons
Some people in positions are just out for themselves.
very short term contract
Cad Designer (Former Employee) –  Rosebush, MIFebruary 11, 2019
My work there was creating as many road work drawings as possible in the shortest amount of time.

I was given a laptop and told I could work as many hours as possible.

I worked about 12 hours 5 days a week.

Since I was on a very short term contract for one specific task, evaluating the office and its people would be less than accurate.

I did enjoy the people that I worked with, and found the work to be interesting for the time I was there. The managers and others in the office were helpful, friendly, and cooperative when I interacted with them.

I enjoyed my work there
Pros
good people and work to do.
Cons
short term contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mears Group. Our community is ready to answer.