Mears Group Employee Review

Long Hours Exposed to Weather no breaks or lunch
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rosebush, MIMay 20, 2017
Working for MEARs would be ideal for people who dont want to be at home and would much rather prefer to stay away and wouldn't want to do much more than go back to the hotel and drink.

The work itself is pretty good, but you have no designated time to eat, you have to do it when you can which is never many days.

The wages themselves aren't all that high, they aren't low either in general.You really make the money when you work those long 12 hour days 6 days a week.

It's not a bad place to work, you just have to be a certain kind of person.
Pros
CAN make pretty good money
Cons
exceptional long hour, completely exposed to the elements, no breaks, never home

Other Mears Group Employee Reviews

Great hours
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2019
My downfall with Mears Group was that it seems to be based off of the buddy system to a certain point. Some great guys to work with but advancement is sometimes over looked because of it. I believe that it is some people in management that should not be there but i also believe that the top guy (no names) truly has everyone's best interest at heart. It is just some of his managers below that try to sweep stuff under the rug to keep it from getting to him. Mears Group is growing too fast and losing great experience because of this with people being overlooked and the buddy system is in play for some individuals.
Pros
Great area manager and weekends off
Cons
Some people in positions are just out for themselves.
very short term contract
Cad Designer (Former Employee) –  Rosebush, MIFebruary 11, 2019
My work there was creating as many road work drawings as possible in the shortest amount of time.

I was given a laptop and told I could work as many hours as possible.

I worked about 12 hours 5 days a week.

Since I was on a very short term contract for one specific task, evaluating the office and its people would be less than accurate.

I did enjoy the people that I worked with, and found the work to be interesting for the time I was there. The managers and others in the office were helpful, friendly, and cooperative when I interacted with them.

I enjoyed my work there
Pros
good people and work to do.
Cons
short term contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mears Group. Our community is ready to answer.