Mears Group Employee Review

Management is beyond horrible.
Technition (Former Employee) –  Rosebush, MINovember 13, 2017
Nepotism runs rampant. The upper management does not care about their employees because in the Rosebush area the labor pool is large and they know they will get another guy for cheap.

Absolutely no work life balance. I would work 14 weeks out of state working 6 or 7 days a week and when it was time to come home you’d get 8 days off but they count two of those days as travel days.

No Forman oversite in the field. You might have a different Forman for each job you work. The pay isn’t great. Don’t quite a job for this place. I worked there for three years and wouldn’t do it again.

Keep in mind i wasn’t fired, I left as soon as I could find something else in my pay range.
Pros
It’s a job if you need one.
Cons
upper management, below market wages, expensive health care

Other Mears Group Employee Reviews

Great hours
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2019
My downfall with Mears Group was that it seems to be based off of the buddy system to a certain point. Some great guys to work with but advancement is sometimes over looked because of it. I believe that it is some people in management that should not be there but i also believe that the top guy (no names) truly has everyone's best interest at heart. It is just some of his managers below that try to sweep stuff under the rug to keep it from getting to him. Mears Group is growing too fast and losing great experience because of this with people being overlooked and the buddy system is in play for some individuals.
Pros
Great area manager and weekends off
Cons
Some people in positions are just out for themselves.
very short term contract
Cad Designer (Former Employee) –  Rosebush, MIFebruary 11, 2019
My work there was creating as many road work drawings as possible in the shortest amount of time.

I was given a laptop and told I could work as many hours as possible.

I worked about 12 hours 5 days a week.

Since I was on a very short term contract for one specific task, evaluating the office and its people would be less than accurate.

I did enjoy the people that I worked with, and found the work to be interesting for the time I was there. The managers and others in the office were helpful, friendly, and cooperative when I interacted with them.

I enjoyed my work there
Pros
good people and work to do.
Cons
short term contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mears Group. Our community is ready to answer.