Mears Group Employee Reviews

Very poor management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMarch 23, 2017
Management in NH does look out for employees, favoritism is obvious. Rules are applied to some and not others. The morale is horrible. A Very toxic place to work.
Pros
in NH
Cons
favoritism, no morale, toxic place
enjoyable
Pipeline Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosebush, MIMarch 15, 2017
Mears was a great company to work for. I got to travel and see new parts of the country while earning a living at the same time. We worked 12-15 hr days out in all types of weather. We worked with a mix of people from all sorts of cultures and backgrounds. It was rewarding to use my communication skills and personal skills to create a positive work environment for me and my fellow workers.
Do not Quit a job to go here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHJanuary 3, 2017
It may be a pay check but if you are not part of the click you will be blamed for any issues that come up. management lies to cover their own mistakes. Again if not part of the click you will be first to be laid off, During your lay off you will be expected to come in and take your safety certifications... good luck trying to get compensation for that. I would not recommend to quit your job to come here... if your out of work take a position until something better comes up... which won't take long considering the BS management throws out at you.
Pros
you get a check
Cons
To many to list
be careful
Truck Driver CDL A / Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHDecember 7, 2016
It is not a bad place to work but don't expect any overtime.
It is a very clicky place. if your not in the click no chance of moving up. the management is very poor. three superintendents and two out of three lie very bad. you never who your working for. you never stay with one forman very long. always watch your back someone is there to stab it.
Pros
its a job
Cons
never in same truck, never know who your working with or for.
Working with Disney and making people happy.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 1, 2016
I enjoyed this job. I was really fun to be able to work with the Disney and Mears management. I was given the opportunity to manage 8 individuals. The hardest part of this job was trying to satisfy my guest needs at 2 and 3am when they were tired from traveling and wanted a bus or private car to take them to their resort and there wasn't any available. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the faces of the kids and adults riding of to begin their vacation on a Disney Resort. (Magical)
Pros
Being allowed to reach mamagement level
Cons
Not being able to satify everyone's needs.
Safety, quality, quantity
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Rosebush,MIMay 23, 2016
I have learned how important safety is as a core value. There are numerous things I like about the company but would like to work closer to home.
Fine place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2016
Nice managers, concerned a lot about the safety if drivers and the maintenance of their vehicles, which made this a great place to work.
Pros
Take home car, cash paid daily
Cons
long hours, unsafe passengers
worst job ive ever had
office worker (Former Employee) –  SouthportSeptember 10, 2015
I worked in southport branch and is the most horrendous place i have ever worked. I know this may come across as a disgruntled employee, but this isnt the case. I worked in the office, and i have worked for a few dom care agencies, but the manager of thisbranch is by far the worst ive ever had the misfortune ofcoming across.she has no clue and this is reflective in the.amount of office staff that have left due.to her bullying tactics. Office staff are bullied into working very late nights and weekends trying to do rotas as there is no staff as due to office culture they constantly leave. Office staff are forces to work easily 60 hours a week for no extra pay or time off. When you do have a day off your are hounded by other coordinators to help fill shifts they cant cover or the manager doing the same
Same goes for care staff, we are told to keep hounding them to fill in all the hours we need to cover. The service users come very low in list of priorities, reviews and paperwork very out of date but this is due to all time being spent covering shifts nothing else can be done. Manager thinks she does the most, when in reality is constantly on smoking breaks or chatting to favourite carers who pop in to office.
Ok workplace with not so good pay.
Motor Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2015
Most enjoyable part of my job is meeting tourists and taking them to their destination which is Disney World. I learned how to operate a motor coach and handle luggage.
Great place to work, great pay
DE Technician (Current Employee) –  Rosebush, MIJune 8, 2015
Great place to work for, excellent salary and advancement opportunities. Traveling across the country performing direct inspections of pipelines. Great people to work with and for.
Pros
All expenses paid traveling and lodging.
Cons
Time away from home/family. Gone holiday to holiday
A good job that didn't pay as well as it should have for the amount of work required. The bosses were easy to work with.
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 25, 2015
Pick up instructions for the day's work in my case charters. At central dispatch.
Safety inspection on motor coach.
Go to assigned pick up point from Disney World to hotels to convention centers.
Transport passengers in an efficient and safe manner to destinations.
Wait for the event to be over then transport back to their hotel or their pick up point.
Check out at central dispatch.
I learned how to operate a motor coach safely and soundly.
I learned how to be entertaining for the customers and got to know
the Orlando, FL. area extremely well.
Dealing with people on vacation was fun because they were in a good mood.
Loading really heavy luggage into the cargo bay was the hardest
part.
Pros
Some discounts at Disney World
Cons
Some very heavy luggage
productive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2015
Needed hourly pay, good for a part time job but not full time. Sometimes there where days where I went into debt because of the season and how slow business was
Fun job love what I do and the team that I am apart of.
Survey Tech (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaMarch 3, 2015
Locate the line for CIS and DCVG to for the purpose of collecting pipe to soil potentials. I learn something new on a daily basis. Management and the crew that I work for are a great group of guys. There is nothing hard about the job and i enjoy every aspect.
Pros
The bond of Brotherhood
Cons
Unexpected breaks
College Job
Cad Operator (Former Employee) –  Rosebush, MIDecember 11, 2014
Great place to work due to the people and the environment as well as plenty of opportunities to advance. The work was a little dry however, in time their was plenty of training opportunities. I was looking for more production and design work at the time and therefore decided to move on after college.
Pros
The people
Cons
No flexability
If you like to see the country this is the place to work.
Pipeline Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  rosebuch MIDecember 7, 2014
Travel is a must with this company. i would say at least 95% Travel. Company does not give you very much per diem, and the pay is so so. overtime makes up for it though.
Pros
hotels are paid for.
Cons
always away from your home and family
Management is horrendous
Carer (Former Employee) –  SouthportAugust 29, 2014
Management and office staff have too much time on there hands and they have no social skills or respect or staff or clients. I was dismissed after being left on my own miles from home with no map, phone or contact with anyone not knowing were i start my next round. I was then attacked on my way home and was scared to go back to work.. Office staff did not care. A load of power tripped bunch of women to be nice! (Indeed made me change what i said for inappropriate language)
Pros
Other carers are lovely
Cons
Most aspects of the company!
Bully ,intimidation,insult,
Taxi driver (Former Employee) –  OrlandoJune 30, 2014
If you like to be treated like the words mentioned above,this is a great company for you,this is just feed back toward taxi division and mainly the part that the top mgr in this department run this place,as far as family goes ,nice people , but I think they are clueless when it comes to knowing how the taxi division is being operated and how the taxi drivers are being humiliated
Pros
You take 60 to 100 if lucky for 12 hours of work
Cons
You loose your self dignity and be bulied and become a just shut up and do as we say
Nice place to work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Rosebush MiMay 4, 2014
Pipeline work is a great field .I love working on the pipeline. If you love to travel then pipeline is for you.
Pros
The comany provides the Hotel for you, However you have to buy your own meals
Cons
You will get your lunch breaks. They also make sure you get a complete health checkup often, as well as Drug Sreen
Excellent company to work for
bus driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2014
This position offered an opportunity to deal with vacationers every day and bring some of the disney magic to their lives. The only negative to this job was a low salary .
If you like to travel for extended periods of time this is for you
Cathodic Protection Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Rosebush, MIJanuary 29, 2014
If you are young and like to travel for 7-12 weeks at a time then this job is for you. The Management is generally young and inexperienced. They do however promote from within quite often. The wages for a new employee are average to low (depends on your skill level, education and ability to negotiate). They do have semi-annual raises.
Pros
paid travel, small teams, wages are ok
Cons
extended travel 7-12 weeks at a time, young managers, high turnover rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mears Group. Our community is ready to answer.