Measured Progress Employee Reviews

An amazing place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 7, 2018
Measured Progress was one of the most relaxed workplaces I've ever enjoyed. The call volume fluctuates during the testing season, but most days were spent waiting for a call to come in. Most common troubleshooting calls were solved within ten minutes at maximum, and the pay is well worth every day spent there.
Pros
Great Pay, relaxed environment, friendly coworkers
Cons
Very slow work, seasonal.
More Layoffs
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 5, 2018
Great group of employees that do admirable work (student testing), but the execution of this task is not what it used to be.
The company may have been a leader in the testing industry at one point, but with increased competition for contracts and new technology, management at MP does not seem to know where they're headed.
Shortsighted layoffs year after year have drained away a lot of talent, and left remaining employees scared/confused (or very new). Not a stable-feeling work environment. Great work space, but when large numbers of cubicles and offices are sitting empty it just feels eerie. Would not be surprised if they are bought out by one of the larger testing companies in the next few years.
Pros
Great benefits, talented people
Cons
Lack of management focus, layoffs almost every year
Sasonal part-time job grading student test scores.
Test Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 21, 2018
Seasonal part-time job grading student achievement test scores for the Department of Education. Graded test scores for students around the country for all grade levels.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Seasonal part-time
call center: poor training, unsupportive culture
Operational Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHFebruary 17, 2018
Training consisted of a brief overview of each of the several computer programs used, followed by directions to "play with" the programs. When clients call for help, there is no logical way to troubleshoot the issues. The senior reps are busy with their own work, so they do not have the patience to teach the new reps how to solve problems.
Pros
I got all the time off that I asked for.
Cons
rumor spreading, high pressure in answering calls and solving complicated problems
Good workplace
Test Operator (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHFebruary 15, 2018
I think it was a great workplace ... I would work there again ... It was very quiet and very nice people .. Very easy and fast pace if you wanted to.
Used to be a nice place to work.
CCC (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHDecember 16, 2017
Very micro-managed. Employees no longer treated with respect. Benefits are average. It could be a better place, but management is now focused more on the bottom line instead of quality of service to our clients.
Growing company, great employees, too many layoffs
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 13, 2017
I was hired as an administrative assistant and was given the ability to analyze, suggest improvements, and implement those improvements for creating and processing of Freelancer Item Writing Contracts. I earned a promotion.

Employees were recognized for their contributions.

However, after several years and a downturn in the economy a period of company downsizing lead to layoffs. Employee morale deteriorated, it became stressful picking up the slack.

Direction on handling priorities wasn't always offered.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Stress, management not supporting employees
Wonderful people
Operational Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 2, 2017
I love the people at Measured Progress. Everyone for the most part is very friendly and always willing to work with you. They are very pro-family and are willing to work with you if you need to leave or whatnot. Upper management needs to pay attention though to what the little guys are doing and how things are actually run so that the company can work more efficiently.
Cons
Upper management
Short run in an environment of personel change
Lead Developer - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 20, 2017
A place of short term opportunity to learn new and make contributions to projects with shoe string budgets. Development experience is looking to get to the cutting edge.
Great staff but stressful work environment
Curriculum & Assessment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 14, 2017
This company has incredible, hard-working staff, but the upper management does not seem to be able to retain good employees without burning them out...
relaxed day sit at a computer and grade essays all day
Qualified essay grader (Current Employee) –  Menands, NYJune 5, 2017
This job you just grading papers all day for 8 hours.Working with grades 5 & 10 making sure they are using the materials given to them and writing an essay.
Pros
sitting down taking your time grading papers
Cons
it gets tiring sometimes
educational and rewarding
contract test reader (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COMay 16, 2017
It was a welcoming environment however due to the nature of the job they are a seasonal company grading tests. I think it was educational and challenging as part of the job was interpreting if the student fully understood the material they were being tested on. Some of the answers were a bit ambiguous so it made grading some of the questions challenging. I like a job that not only engages me mentally but a job where I am not glued to my chair at my desk for 8 hours.
Pros
they offered raises and bonuses immediately
Cons
long days of sitting and looking at a computer
different
Temp Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 27, 2017
learn to go over packets to include what is necessary for each one. note the missing pieces. file them accordingly to right places to go to. management very friendly and helpful.
Fantastic School
Standardized Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMarch 17, 2017
I would highly recommend PIne Crest! The academics are top notch, the teacher well trained and the families that attend PC are very supportive. Definitely visit the school if you are looking for a great place for your child.
Reliable
Reader/Scorer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 16, 2016
This was a great part time job. I allowed me to work at other jobs (including working the NY State Senate) and earn my bachelor's degree at the same time. The work had easy to follow guidelines and management was very helpful and easily accessible. The work involved reading the hand-written responses to standardized testing question from students all over the country. I really enjoyed this job because it was amusing and interesting to see how young people think and to see them express themselves. I really only hated when I had to fail a student's response for being off topic when I found that response to be witty or well formed.
Temporary Work
Professional Scorer (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 26, 2016
Scored official state tests for anywhere from elementary to high school. Job was not very enjoyable and it was extremely tedious.
Was a strong company that folks wanted to retire at. No longer.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 8, 2016
The company expects too much. Rather than onboarding with enough resources, they plan on their salary employees working 100+ hours a pay period. Expected to be on call around the clock and on weekends for many months. Moral is very low and some of the "fresh" hires from other organizations are trying to impose standards that take away from what we are known for. The company has lost its identity. There is no real focus or understanding of who and what we are anymore. Lots of initiatives that are dumped at the first sign of trouble rather than trying to improve.

A lot of hardworking, caring, and considerate workers who are tired and overworked. The more you excel at your job, the more you are expected to give with little to no recognition or compensation.
Pros
Cheap Vending Machines, On-site gym
Cons
Disconnected ELG. Functional Group Silos. Unrealistic expectations and almost no work/life balance.
fun work environment
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 7, 2016
I had a great time making a website for Measured Progress. They were friendly and communicative.

They clearly laid out what they wanted me to accomplish, and gave me the tools I needed to accomplish it. I've worked with Measured Progress in the past, and they've always provided exemplary employment practices.
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
the cubicle work environment is not for everyone.
Great company with poor management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 9, 2016
Measured Progress is a highly professional company with a good work ethic. There is however, a need for middle management as department level management is poor.
Pros
Top of the line benefits
Cons
Poor management
Do not work here
Helpdesk Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 2, 2016
The company exploits the unemployed and discards them at will. Full-time employees can be laid-off at any time. Would not recommend working here.