Med Travelers
Happiness rating is 76 out of 100

Med Travelers Employee Reviews

United States69 reviews

recruitermedtravelassignmentcontractopportunityrecommendenjoy

large travel company a little corporate with good recruiters

As a travel therapist the staff are responsive & not pushy. They are pretty supportive and positive. The payroll system at certain contracts is terrible at accuracy but they always would fix it reliably after the fact. Spent a good amount of time get my payroll fixed. Ok hours & okay wait times.

April 12, 2022
Thank you for sharing your review with us! We value our team members and appreciate your feedback and continuous hard work. If you ever have any additional thoughts on how we can continue to improve, please reach out to me directly at Robin.Johnson@amnhealthcare.com. Robin Johnson, Division President, Allied Solutions

Great company

Great company, great recruiters, lots of job options, great pay. The hospitals they contract with are awesome, with the exception of 1 or 2. You can't go wrong and can always decline an offer if it's something you don't want

Great travel company

Med Travelers is a great company. Their recruiting staff is friendly, compassionate, and will help you find your perfect placement. Great travel opportunities, pay, and benefits.

March 15, 2022
We are so happy to hear about your positive experience working with us! If you ever have any other feedback or thoughts on how we can improve, please feel free to reach out to me at Robin.Johnson@amnhealthcare.com. Robin Johnson, Division President, Allied Solutions

Lots of opportunity

I have an extremely supportive recruiter who I truly believe has my best interest at heart. I am able to get high salary in various locations that I’m very pleased with. As a new physical therapist I was able to get experience in different areas and in the locations I wanted to be.

Helpful at start of contract

The recruiters and managers are helpful. It’s important to remember that the people who you are dealing with at MedTravelers are not who you directly work with or for, so as lovely as they may be, sometimes the placement isn’t quite as great. The recruiters and account managers are very helpful and attentive.

My recruiter just as I thought about getting back to me and taking care of my needs

I don’t have any pros and cons it’s just a good place to work for a good environment my first assignment has not been the best but we work through things as we grow

January 14, 2022
Thank you for sharing your review with us! We are so happy to hear about your positive experience working with our team. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly at Robin.Johnson@amnhealthcare.com to discuss. Robin Johnson, Division President, Allied Solutions

Misconstrued Upon Hire

I would recommend going into working with this company ONLY if you are prepared to lose money on licensing. Recruiter encouraged me to apply for a position I later didn’t have enough experience for; out $400.

Cons

Too much communication; lack of understanding from a clinical standpoint

Great Pay but busy work life

Loved working for Med Travelers, great pay but working long hours. When nursing homes are short of help in therapy they reach out for contract positions and when you fill them just know that since they need the help you will be BUSY! Working long hours M-F and sometimes over time.

A Great company

I have not worked for this company since 2017, but they were great and very helpful. My agent was great about answering questions and finding positions for me to apply.

Pros

Good Salary, Good support, traveling

Cons

Cost of benefits, Job security.

May 14, 2021
We are so happy to hear about your positive experience working with us! I would like to discuss your feedback regarding benefits & job security. If you would like to do so, please feel free to reach out to me at Landry.Seedig@AMNHealthcare.com. Landry Seedig, Group President and Chief Operating Officer, Nursing and Allied Solutions

Never Again

We all have different experiences but working with this company as my first travel assignment was awful. In the beginning my recruiter was there while finding a contract for me however, upon accepting, I often had to call and text multiple times to receive answers with dilemmas. They hounded me to accept a contract and did not stick to original contract dates. A lot of miscommunication due to the lack of communication. As a new grad, I expected more on a personal level. The company is quite large so it could be hard to manage travelers appropriately.

Pros

Finds contracts.

Cons

Low pay rate compared to other companies, Hounds you, No response when dilemmas arise, my recruiter would go MIA when I needed her most, Doesn’t stick to contracts, lack of professionalism.

I was placed in professional positions where I was treated with respect . I was able to learn and grow in my professional knowledge.

I was placed with a brand new stroke rehab unit which had all the equipment for treating a stroke patient that you could only dream about in most other clinics. It had biofeedback units with games, it had the large visual tracking screen with multiple programs. We had the Bioness neuro re-education units as well as all the standard testing and muscle re education equipment. I then was placed with Phoenix Children’s Hospital which was a wonderful opportunity to be exposed to so many diagnoses and learn specific treatment protocols as well as state of the art evaluations and equipment with frequent educational in service opportunities.

Pros

Wonderful lunch dinner offerings right on site.

Cons

Very busy schedules but rewarding

Work with you to find location you want

Recruiters are good at finding you locations at least close to place you’d like to go. The pay was fair and you can always negotiate if you’re more experienced.

They do not honor the contract

I did two assignments with med travelers. Despite having a notice agreement med travelers did not honor the agreement and shorted my pay. The assignments ended early due to covid. MedTravelers did not honor the contract we had, did not compensate as agreed for the notice time. Additionally they would arbitrarily change the contract without discussing it. During the contract a notice of new contract amendment would be in my email with date or compensation changes that were not discussed it agreed upon. There are so many good companies, steer clear of this one.

Pros

Friendly recruiter

Cons

They do not honor their contracts

June 16, 2020
I am sorry you had a poor experience with us. As you can imagine, this time is challenging with the unpredictable aspects of COVID-19. If you worked a shift and we’re not compensated appropriately, please reach out to our payroll department and we can fix this for you ((877) 777-8086, opt. 4). In reference to your contract, we would love to know more details. If a start date, end date, or compensation is changed an addendum is generated and you are notified. If this was not the case, please reach out to us so we can resolve this issue. Sincerely, Justin Meeks, DVP. Recruitment, Justin.Meeks@medtravelers.com

Contract was fun and great staff/co-workers.

Contract in Lake Wales at ALF/ILF facility was awesome. Co-workers were fun and very helpful when I had any questions about the policy of the facility.

Pros

Pay, job opportunities.

Cons

Full medical insurance doesn't start until following month after you start.

Do not work for this company

Company will cheat you out of your money. They will deduct massive amounts of money from your check. You will have to pay a fortune for housing with your money. Horrible experience. Please stay away.

February 24, 2020
I’m sorry you had a poor experience with us while on your assignment. I would be more than happy to look into your situation with you and see how I can help resolve the issue. Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss, Justin.meeks@medtravelers.com | Justin Meeks, DVP of Recruitment.

Travel assignment

Great company to work for and fair wages. Traveling can be difficult but when you have a great recruiter that will help you on your assignment, it makes it a lot easier.

Fast Paced and Culture Driven

I have been working with Med Travelers for almost 2 years. They have formed countless opportunity to grow within the company, take on extra responsibility, and have fun doing it! The office has a a full Cafe and Starbucks which is a huge plus! They also have a lot of career growth opportunities from PACE and mentoring. You do have to sit in a cube BUT they have stand up desks and you're always going to meetings so you get to walk around a lot. Would recommend this company to anyone looking to grow in Healthcare staffing and learn quickly.

They make their Dollar

The recruiters are great they make up for the rude unqualified support staff that leave you standing alone . Be ware do not to get what you expect. they don’t do there homework Be prepared to fend for your self without reimbursement for their support staff mistakes. As A traveler you are usually walking into a problematic situation you. Have to be flexible .Support staff should at least communicate with the traveler

Travel company, met lots of people and gained a lot of experience.

Enjoyed being able to work at a variety of facilities and with a variety of people. Some places had good environments and others not so good. The therapy staffs always seemed to work well with each other but sometimes the communication between therapy and nursing was not so good. Overall a great experience. The hardest part of most of these jobs was finding housing in the locations of the facilities.

Great company to work for

I know there is a lot of misinformation out there and half stories but I want to say this is the best travel company I have worked for. My recruiter was honest about how the business works. I refer a lot of people to them and will stick with them until I settle down

Pros

Great benefits and lots of exclusive contracts

Cons

they are large so a little slower but that's expected

Terrible Experience

I am a medical social worker and signed on for an assignment in New Mexico. I signed a contract and was due to start work yesterday. The entire process was a nightmare. They are liars, and do not stand by the rules outlined in their contract. The recruiter rarely called me back. Half my questions were never answered. I was mislead on everything they promised me. I literally had to do all the leg work entailed in getting my license when they say they have a team who guarantee your license will be approved and they can work diligently to get them for you. After being given a definitive start date, I was told to get ready to finalize things where I lived and to pack and get ready to start my assignment. Then when the start date came around no one could tell me when I was to start work, so therefore I canceled the contract due to their negligence they refused to reimburse me for all the costs I incurred in order to get my licensure in NM. They tell you they will pay for all the licensing, but they dont! Now I have a NM license which is essentially useless to me since I live in TN. I would highly recommending doing your research before working with this agency. They are are deceitful, and not forth coming with all the fine lines in their contract!

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Med Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits