Med Travelers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Med Travelers
Travel Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 7, 2018
Great company very happy to be working with them. They take great care of their contractors and my agent is someone I can count on to work out the best deal for me. They are great!
Pros
quick personal service, pay, just good
Great team support
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 27, 2018
Loved the companies culture quick to address questions and concerns. Very supportive and understanding throughout. Recruiter is honest up front and reliable and takes accountability throughout. Discounts and benefits are good.
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
Work assignment details nothing related to Med Travelers personally.
Excellent!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 21, 2018
I love working for MedTravelers! I highly recommend this company if you are interested in traveling! Wonderful management, work environment and pay! I plan to stay until retiring!
Pros
Awesome stipends!
Cons
No paid vacation time
productive and fun work enviroment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 9, 2018
As a new traveler I really didn't know what to expect,but they would take your stipend for not getting all your hours and blame the therapist when in fact it was due to low census
Pros
met great people
Cons
no support
Great company
Radiologic Technologist/ Cathlab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 30, 2018
I loved working for Med Travelers. The were so good to me and I would highly recommend them. Great pay, lovely assignment, meet my husband on my second assignment. I could call and say not a safe area and they would move me. Just can’t say enough about how much I enjoyed my time with this company.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Uncertain next travel assignment
Relaxed environment with options to see the country
Traveling Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 6, 2018
Loved this job. As a single person able to relocate around the country it gives the employee the power to enjoy their life while getting paid to see the country.
Pros
Great pay, travel expenses, relaxed environment
Cons
Not always jobs in areas you want to go
PTA (Current Employee) –  Lakefield, MNApril 23, 2018
I love working for this company, the recruiters are very helpful and handle any issues that arise. I get to see the country doing something I love. It's interesting to see how different facilities do things and gives you a great experience
Pros
Travel the country
Cons
cant think of any
Your recruiter makes or breaks your experience
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 21, 2018
I was paired with the most understanding, supportive, and hard working recruiter. She was with me every step of the way. If your recruiter is not working for you, please ask to be assigned to someone else! It will make all the difference.
They were a good traveling company to work for
Traveling Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCDecember 19, 2017
They were a good company to work for and my recruiter was great about communication. One of the things l really liked about this company’s was that they had a liaison who assisted you when you had difficulties at your facilaities. Our health world is changing and I learned the hard way to know when to speak up for myself. With this company I had to use the liaison only once but it was as beneficial experience. The only thing I did not care for was the health insurance. It was through Cigna and it was expensive for a family and traveling sometimes I was out of network. Because of where their home base was. But this could have changed since I worked for them.
Poor pay
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 10, 2017
One of the worst travel companies in terms of actual pay. They pay less than a regular staff Therapy position with a stable company. Attempt to book travel positions that pay less than other offers in field. Was offered 20% more pay for exact same travel contract with another travel company.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Poor pay, lack of knowledge in healthcare field, can’t keep current staff
Everything I thought it would be!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  WyomingNovember 3, 2017
I am a new grad in, halfway into my first assignment with MedTravelers.
Everything is just as good as I expected. My recruiter is fantastic!
Be aware, though, if you are a new grad, you are expected to jump right in and start with a full caseload right from the start. I was confident in myself and my abilities, but it is still a little intimidating at first.
I encourage anyone who is considering travel to give MedTravelers a call.
Pros
Great pay. Travel opportunities. New grad job opportunities.
awful
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 2, 2017
Awful job. Do not work here. Recruiters are dishonest and do not look out for your best interest. You are placed at the worst facilities because no one else wants to work there.
This was a traveling position, temporary
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Management is excellent, jobs were usually good and well checked into. Was happy with situations I was placed in. I worked several times over the years for this company in traveling positions.
Pros
Good personnel
Cons
Don't know of any
Great place!
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 4, 2017
Excellent staff and great company. I would definitely recommend this company. Great communication on all questions that I had. Great job placement! Looking forward to signing up for another assignment next year.
Travel Company
Speech Langauge Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2017
Med Travelers was another contract company that placed me in many contracts all over the east and west coast. Med Travelers always made an effort to find work when I needed a placement as soon as possible.
Pros
Found me jobs as quick as possible
Cons
changed recruiters on me twice in my time with them
August 9, 2017

We are so glad to hear about your experience and we thank you for sharing it publicly. We value our travelers and strive to provide you with the best experience possible. It’s great to hear that you have witnessed our efforts!

-David Schmiesing, Division Vice President, Med Travelers

I travelled for the company. I got paid milege for travel and got some rent etc.
Occupational Therapy Assistant, OTA/L (Former Employee) –  Church Hill, TNJuly 13, 2017
Money was good, I did not work long enough for benefits. With travel, if you do not work you do not get paid. I travelled some and liked to meet new people.
Pros
Monies etc
Cons
No work, no pay!
July 19, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at Med Travelers. We value our travelers and strive to provide a positive experience across every aspect of your assignment, including compensation. We are glad to hear that you are happy with your experience.
-David Schmiesing, Division Vice President, Med Travelers

good contract company
Traveling Contract Therapist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 29, 2017
Good contract company to work with, was with them a long time ago, at the time had good compensation and opportunities throughout the country. Worth trying out if you want to travel.
Pros
good travel opertunities
experience
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMay 5, 2017
Worked as a Contract Therapist in SNF unit. Worked closely with my recruiter who went above and beyond to assist me in all my needs to provide placement and always willing to help with any questions I may have had. I recommend this company to whomever may be interested in travel assignments.
Extreme pressure
OTR (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 23, 2016
I had a recruiter describe a job offer to me over phone call and text. I told him I wanted to accept the position over text and asked for him to send me the contract. A few hours later when I read the contract and researched the area, it was not agreeable to me and I refused to sign. He tried to say that my text message was a binding contract and I would never find therapy work again if I did not accept the position. He sent me increasingly threatening messages for a week until I asked a friend in the travel therapy industry to call and sort it out. Then he had the gall to say that her calling was an indication that my career was in in shambles. Well I have have many job offers since and he was wrong and manipulative. I regret phrasing a text message with such certainty without reading the contract in full, but I had no idea he would be so mean.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Threats and manipulation.
November 28, 2016

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Med Travelers truly values our travelers and we strive to provide a positive and customer service-focused experience. I would like to discuss your experience in more detail so that I can resolve it and ensure future clinicians do not have similar issues. I hope you will please contact me directly at David.Schmiesing@medtravelers.com or (469) 524-1506 x 5529. -David Schmiesing, Division Vice Present, Med Travelers

Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Illinois, FloridaAugust 20, 2016
I was employed as a travel Speech/Language Pathologist for 3 different assignments with Med Travelers. My recruiter was very good at communicating with me and the assignments were all positive experiences. I would recommend this company to anyone in the travel therapy industry.
Pros
good communication, good pay.